Health - Hallucinations months after MDMA use

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Allez, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Allez

Allez Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just curious about something SWIM noticed a few times recently. A sort of hallucination about two months after his last time on pills.

A few thing I think may have contributed:
    1. A heavy ecstasy binge about two months ago (7 pills?)
    2. A fractured skull and a bad concussion (4 months ago)
    3. Weak acid, once (5 months ago)

SWIM notices it when he's lying in bed listening to the kind of music he does on ecstasy. Lying on his back, warm and comfortable, eyes closed, in the dark, relaxing and enjoying the music.

It starts with the tingly feeling a little reminicent of being on MDMA, or just listening to good music. Then the swirling colours you always see when you close your eyes seem more vivid, and start making recognisable patterns. Usually spinning disks of several colours. It melts and changes and so forth.

That lasts for a while, but sometimes if SWIM's mind wonders, he can see vivid images. Last night, it was images from space. Really stunning stuff, of which I didn't influence (consciously tried not to).

Then, about 10-15 minites later, it stops, and there's nothing he can do to bring it back. It's an amazing and enjoyable experience, but a little disconcerting. He doesn't want to stop it, but just understand what's causing it, or if anyone else has a similar experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
  2. Allez

Allez Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Tripping Months Later

By the by, I'd say it has more to do with MDMA then any of the other factors because the feelings and visions are similar to those from MDMA.

3. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.K.

It has been said that lab rats can have flash backs for years after using lsd, swim still find that they have trippy moments even though they haven't touched acid for years. Swim thinks that this is one thing that can easily be lived with and would hopefully pose no threat to ones mentallity.

4. Allez

Allez Newbie

Reputation Points:

That had crossed my mind, but we were burned with the acid that night. It was virtually useless. The visuals in bed were even more intense without any psychoactives.

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

If it was weak acid and I didn't experience much of an effect off it, I would probably rule that one out as the cause. A fractured skull and a concussion is very serious. That may well be the reason. Pills are unpredictable. Unless tested, anything could be in them. you's experiences sound a little bit like marijuana visuals at night after just smoking. Perhaps some sort of similar activity is going on in the brain. I'm no expert though.

6. SubSonic7

SubSonic7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o

I get that feeling quite often when thinking about a great moment when I have been on XTC. Some would believe this is just an emotional flashback and re-accurance of the feelings experienced at that moment. I would very much doubt that anyone could still be 'tripping' so long after the event. It is however very interesting that SWIM can re-create the same mental feeling of euphoria at will just by thinking of a specific event which occured while on XTC.

7. euphoriablossoms

euphoriablossoms Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

That seriously sounds amazing, though I'm really unsure as to what it could be explained as. Does it only happen with music? This is a really really long shot- but maybe something triggered some kind of synesthesia that you're now capable of?

8. XtomX

XtomX Newbie

Reputation Points:

SWIM often hallucinates on pills (MDMA) open and closed eye visuals. It is usually 3-4 hours after pills are injested and after somking 1g + of pot.

SWIM have heard that it is bad for your brain to smoke alot of pot on MDMA and/or Meth.
    SWIM dismissed it as a rumor.
    If anyone has any info on the subject I would be intrested.

9. Allez

Allez Newbie

Reputation Points:

Yeah, SWIM's noticed that too. Ususally accompanied with a shivering cold feeling. This was different though, much more visual.

Hmm, synaesthesia, never considered that. SWIM imagined the visuals were triggered by the enjoyment of the music, but I guess that falls under that heading too. SWIM'll have to do some reading-up.

It has only been that intense with music, but again, the feeling wasn't entirely unlike reminicing about enjoyable MDMA experiences, just featuring a real visual element.

Having tried to recreate the feeling on numerous occasions since, and failing, SWIM's starting to think there's some chemical in his brain that needs to restore itself before it'll happen again. He'll leave it off for a few weeks.

10. KomodoMK

KomodoMK Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

SWIM after his first 2-3 times using MDMA had that tingly buzzy feeling when listening to some tunes which he first heard on the drug. However, once he became used to the drugs effects it never happened again, and due to his over use every weekend for a long long time even the MDMA lost it's effects. I have now not touched MDMA for many months but still doubts he will ever get those effects back. :'(