1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever used the MacCujo method to pass a follicle test?

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by baykt, Jul 10, 2010.

1. baykt

baykt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM is attempting to get a new job, one that he just found out will require a hair follicle drug test before getting hired. He has calculated the time until the hair test to be between 4-6 weeks from now, assuming he gets offered the position. SWIM has been a fairly heavy user of poppy pods for the last 15 months, but has been tapering off of them for about the last month. He currently has tapered down to about 9-10 g of pod grounds eaten orally, down from about 30-35 grams per day steeped in tea as of a month ago.

SWIM has begun researching methods to pass follicle tests and he stumbled upon a pretty popular way called the MacCujo method that seems to do wonders for people with short, lightish-colored hair (<1.5 inches, like SWIM's). At least for marijuana, it seems to work well.

SWIM was wondering if anybody using opiates has ever attempted this method, or any method for that matter, and had luck?

2. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    There are plenty of anecdotal reports around that attest to the validity of the Macujo method. I don't know anyone personally that has used it, nor can I attest to any scientific validity it has.

Here is the method for anyone interested. I copied this from another forum.

Be sure to rinse all chemicals off thoroughly! This is very likely to cause skin irritation and burning sensations and probably is not at all healthy for hair or the scalp. And do NOT get any of this in your eyes.

Also note that they don't always take the hair from your head. I've read reports of arm pit hair and other body hair being used.

If swiy uses this method, please report back here on the test results. I haven't seen any reports from opiate users, though I have seen plenty of marijuana and one for amphetamines.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  3. baykt

baykt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I will inform swim to post the results here when he gets them. The test day is hopefully another 3 weeks away, but it may be as soon as 2 weeks. He is also going to be trimming all body hair here very shortly, possibly today. Not completely shaved, but enough to leave stubble that can atleast grow out somewhat over the next 2-3 weeks.

Just an update on the situation. Swim tapered down to 5g of pod matter by the 13th, and stopped completely after the 15th. He's hoping any traces of M were done entering follicles as of the 20th-22nd, giving him a chance to grow a 1/2" of clean bair before the test. Gonna try to cut the hair to that length and hope they say that's enough from him.

4. baykt

baykt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Well, swim has good news and bad news. The good news is that he passed the test. Bad news is that the maccujo method was not needed, so he has nothing to present to you all as evidence one way or the other.

I believe swim said that he stopped using poppy pods after July 15th. The test wasn't until August 25th, so he actually buzzed his head down to a half-inch the night before the test. He had done this exactly 20 days earlier as well, the night before his initial interview. He said he started taking some Vitamin B and Biotin rich supplements for hair and nails, as well as a daily protein shake about a week after he stopped using pods, and his hair grew pretty fast. He took a measurement of the hair he buzzed off the second time, with it coming out to nearly half an inch grown just in those 20 days.

So, wish I could report back that the maccujo method works, but my friend was fortunate enough to have a month and a half of time to prepare. For those with only a few weeks or a few days, I sympathize!

Having never been through a hair test before, SWIM was pretty paranoid that a 1/2 inch wasn't going to be enough for them to use. He was pleasantly surprised when the (cute, he says) girl gave him the option to have it taken from wherever he wanted (head, arms, legs, pits), so he was relieved by that. I'm not sure if all follicle tests are this liberal.