Has anyone got pink eye from rolling?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Eurorider1, May 1, 2007.

1. Eurorider1

Eurorider1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hey I have a friend that for some odd reason she always after each time she rolls gets pink eye.. can this be caused by the drying of the eyes? maybe her swiping her eyes maybe or something? she never seems to have this problem until the day after she rolls.. Has anyone had a problem like this b4?

2. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    yes but not regularly, it seems to be in syn for SWIM with taking different typs of pills, (although one can never say that 2 pills are the same, 10 with the same logo, color, size, shape, etc from the sae dealer done in one deal at one time are more likley to have he same things in.) some batches I have taken have left him with pink eye ( a very light mist of bloodshotness?, rathr than lightningbolts) while other batches have not done so.... I would suggest it is some adulterant in the pills... dont ask what it could be, could be toothpaste, as likley as it could be any other substance

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    MDMA does not cause "Pink Eye" (Conjunctivitis). This is caused by bacteria being exchanged. Such as from a dirty surface/other people. Such as at a Rave - and then rubbing your eyes. Dry conditions do seem to make conjunctivitis more prevelant in the winter and early spring. Keeping your hands clean helps to lower the incidence of this. Generally it goes away on it's own after a few days. If it hurts alot and sticks around (ouch!), then seeing an opthamologist is in order.

4. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    so is it pink eye as you called it, or are they just very bloodshot?pink eey dosent sound right at all.

5. hellokitty

hellokitty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    everytime I go down to the club and rolls with her friends, someone always gets sick, usually swim. typically, she gets symptoms similar to strep throat, but her doctor assures her it isn't strep and prescribes a nasty antibiotic. you come in contact with a lot of people at a rave, and they aren't clean places, so this could be why swim gets sick. or maybe xtc lowers the immune system somehow? it probably doesn't help that swim smokes half a pack of cigarettes everytime she rolls :p

6. AuraithX

AuraithX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    ^ That's not why she gets sick. MDMA causes jaw clenching (trisma), tongue and cheek chewing, and teeth grinding (bruxia). After a night of MDMA most peoples throats will feel raw. MDMA does lower the immune system and smoking will also irritate the throat futher.

As for the 'pink eye' issues it's more likely something she's doing while on MDMA that is causing it rather than the actual chemical.

7. Eurorider1

Eurorider1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    alright thanks guys for your feedback i found out that I am actually been rubbing her eyes alot because of her having contacts in that it bothers the eyes so she rubs them so that must be where she gets the Pink eye from..

8. lightmyfire

lightmyfire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have. And it's totally possible. However, the drugs may not be the direct cause.

Rolling lowers the immune system so you may have been especially sensitive to pollen, house dust...whatever, while you were rolling, and ended up with pink eye.

The drugs may have directly caused pink eye if you are allergic to them. Sometimes you think you are getting 100% MDMA when really it's cut with a bunch of stuff. You may be allergic to one of those substances.

These 2 types of pink eye aren't contagious.