1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - Has anyone tried Armodafinil

Discussion in 'Nootropics' started by liventruth, Jul 6, 2009.

1. liventruth

liventruth Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Apparently on june 1st, armodafinil became available.... anyone have any experience with this yet?

2. sconcequence

sconcequence Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I have yet to try it. When I do I will report here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
  3. DecoyPencil

DecoyPencil Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM is also very interested in reading about any SWIMmers' experiences with Armodafinil. SWIM would guess that it would be similar to Modafinil (seeing as how it is a single isomer of Modafinil). SWIM has read the limited literature available to date and it looks like a thumbs up so far.

But SWIM knows that literature isn't everything, it just has to work! Interested in hearing about SWIY's experience as well :thumbsup:.

DecoyPencil

4. 0utrider

0utrider Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from tajikistan
    wikipedia

so pretty much just a tiny bit more effective at half dose while a tiny bit less side-effects... worth it probably if prescribed, but probably not worth the higher price.
    probably for occasional use adrafinil ist still the best bet

5. onzero

onzero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    depends.

the isolated R-enantiomer of amphetamine makes a HUGE difference in pharmacology and effect.

dexedrine (100% R) beats adderall (75%R, 25%S) beats benzedrine (50% R, 50% S)

dexedrine is pure smooth and powerful, adderall adds a little bit of jitteriness and unpleasantness, benzedrine is worse still.

the isolated R-enantiomer of methylphenidate (a la focalin) isn't all that different in terms of pharmacology and effects from what i've read, just more potent mg for mg.

focalin may be a little better than ritalin, but i dont think it's all that much different from what i've read.

so armodafinil could be the best thing since sliced bread, or it could pretty much be a waste of time. but i'm all for picking a molecule and sticking to it...

6. 0utrider

0utrider Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from tajikistan
    modafinil without/considerably less of its already pretty low side effects could indeed be pretty nice

7. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
  8. awakened

awakened Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Swim obtained 28 Armodafinil tablets (nuvigil) in the form of free samples, yesterday when visiting the sleep doctor he sees for narcolepsy. Swim has taken plenty of regular modafinil (provigil) and believes modafinil could never replace his dextroamphetamine tablets. Swim only took the modafinil when he would prematurely run out of dextroamphetamine before the end of the month. Swim has a good understanding of the significance of how well one isomer of a certain med can work much better than a lesser isomer. Swim hated methylphenidated but considered dimethylphenidate (focalin) to be a decent stimulant. Swim believes d-amphetamine to be THE superior amphetamine over the crappy mix they call adderall. Swim has had some side effects like headaches with modafinil and hopes that this isolated isomer called armodafinil will have less side effects and be a little more stimulating than the regular modafinil that he has pretty much dismissed as not much better than a 200mg caffeine pill. Swim will report back as he decides if armodafinil is going to be a long term solution as swim really got to the point that modafininil did almost nothing for his wakefullness.

9. awakened

awakened Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    It's been a good month and a half since the above post... sorry.
    Swim still prefers d-amp over armodafinil but believes ARmodafinil has fewer side effects, is more potent and longer lasting (10-15 hours) than regular modafinil. Swim has taken over 30 of the 150mg tablets over the past month and is currently just taking d-amp.
    Armodafinil is NOT a recreational drug in swims opinion unless a swiy wants the ability to drink TWICE as much as a swiy's normal alcohol tolerance permits and still be surprisingly alert and functional! Not necessarily a good thing, but could be useful to those who are curious.
    More is definitely not better in swims opinion. Swim has close to 30 of the 150mg tablets and 30 of the 250mg tablets left. Swim usually takes half a 150mg tablet immediately upon being awakened by 3-5 alarm clocks he sets (seriously) and the other half after lunch. Swim finds his anxiety to be quite high if he combines it with caffeine though swim loves caffeine and often makes a strong cup or few of black tea anyway. Swim finds that his heart beats more irregularly when combining armodafinil with caffeine than with a 10mg dextro-amp tab. Yes the combination of armodafinil with d-amp isn't too bad though it is damn stimulating!
    250mg is overwhelming in a bad way! Swim has observed almost psychodelic visual distortions in depth perception and wavy vision at 250mg. Swim would compare the visual distortions in some ways to a threshold dose of dmt but with overwhelming anxiety (yes, more anxiety than with dmt)… not fun at all.
    Armodafinil can be useful as an alternative to amphetamines though it is not as potent. Swim finds he spends less time obsessing about his alertness or redosing dextro tabs on days he takes armodafinil. Swim hopes that helps someone.

10. ForcedZen

ForcedZen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM's cat was prescribed Armodafinil (Nuvigil) today. She took the first dose(250mg) about an hour ago. The crazy little kitty is moving faster than usual, but has no other effects to report yet. SWIM will update this post later when his cat comes back in.

ForcedZen added 480 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

SWIM's cat came back in about an hour after taking the Armodafinil (Nuvigil ). She was very talkative and sociable with a small group. The kitten said that it was incredible. She felt so happy, energetic, and organized. The kitten got many things done in the following hours, while still hanging out with SWIM. SWIM said that he noticed the cat wasn't twitching or jerking like the cat often did with other forms of speed. She told SWIM that it was also very euphoric. With the the day coming to a close, she is relaxing, smoking a bowl, and hoping it doesn't keep her little kitty head up all night.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  11. nito

nito Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM is wondering wheter it's less likely to develop a rash or an itch with armodafinil thant normal modafinil?

12. akoward

akoward Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Recently got a hold of some Nuvigil. Have had previous experience with Olmifon (Adrafinil). As has been said before its much more potent at lower dose that Adrafinil. I only need 1/2 a pill to do what 2x300mg Adrafinils were doing for me. I took a whole Nuvigil the first time and was more productive in that single day that I had been in ages. Got all my work done, worked on personal projects... it was amazing. I will say that some of the physical side effects were a little troubling (ever present tightness in the collarbone to middle neck area, massive restless legs) but nothing I couldn't handle. I actually felt that the Adrafinil was a little worse on the throat tightness. No lingering effects the next day. Sleep was not really an issue. I got in bed fully alert, closed my eyes and maybe 5-10 mins later I was out.

I've since gone down to only taking 1/2 a pill and its the right amount for me to really be on the ball all day at work without falling asleep at my desk (which is a problem). I was able to work on the most boring tasks that usually stymie me.

IMHO its really great.

13. mjolnir69

mjolnir69 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male from U.K.
    Hetty Hoover has tried Armodafinil, and finds it more stimulating than modafinil. She has taken it orally as well as extracting and smoking it, which was quite intense although not really holding any recreational value which was expected albeit disappointing...

Makes a decent productivity-enhancing stimulant, although Hetty will always miss some of the peripheral stimulation inherent in the use of other stimulants, not noticing anything like restless legs but defnitely a restless mind...

In summary Armodafinil is quite definitely the superior compound for wakefulness and productivity promotion, especially given the vast amount of suspect/underdosed/counterfeit modafinil in circulation....

.Mjolnir69

14. redhotchili

redhotchili Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    My dog has a script. for armodafinil and was wondering if other than giving it to him oraly, the other ways (cwe, or nasaly) would be worth it and the best way. The perscription is very exspensive for a 30 day supply and am looking into anyway I can get more bang for the buck.

15. lykeas

lykeas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    My milk cow got hold of waklert, a generic form of armodafinil, a few days ago. She had tried modalert(modafinil) without much success so she thought armodafinil might give better results.
    She wanted focus, concentration and deep interest in things that normally bored her coz she had to finish some coursework. Although she managed to stay up for 30 or so hours without feeling sleepy she felt quite jumpy not long after taking waklert. She told me she lost his appetite quite noticeably and maybe she felt more focused, nonetheless the expected results werent convincing.

16. monocell_bee

monocell_bee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    let me describe my history first because its rather unusual.

I'm prescribed to 100 Sandoz 30mg Adderall IR a month(I asked for more cuz i kept running out.

Last month I ran out of the entire hundred in 2-3 weeks. I was very productive but obviosly this was a problem.

Fortunately I have an amazing doctor who I can be 100% honest with about anything and when I came, this would be yesterday, I received

Nuvigil 250mg #30
    Sadoz IR 30mg Adderalll IR #100
    And I asked personally to have my valium reduced from 10mg 3x a day because I started QiGong and Barely needed it.

--

I saved a half tab to take before I walked into the doctors so I could not strangle someone(I was not in the best mood). I explained work had been super stressful this month and who hasn't it been for? But with the increased pressure I wasnt really paying attention to how many I was taking, I just took as needed. Bad Mistake. But fortunately my doctor is the best doctor in the world.

I came in and said look I took 100 piills in 2-3 weeks and they didnt even do anything barely, but without them I want to put babies on spikes, and they give me some advantage, though after 7 years hardly any.

I never expected him to suggest nuvigil and I get a voucher for the pharmacy for free ones, plus a ree-in-hand nuvigivil pack to take right away. I take the one and we're drifing to my pharmacy as usual and I get my script filled (no insurance, might as well buy a car with that money).

I never expected when taht pill to kick in for me to feel the way I did. Someone at 90-100mg of adderall a day has a high tolerance to this kind of shit let met tell you, Nuvigil is a dream come true. I'm primary Inattentive ADD, not ADHD at all, and I also have hypersomnia although diagnoised with that much longer ago.

Here's my opinion on Nuvigil. It's $400 without insurnce for #30. That is alot, but to be honest, I'd pay $800 for it, this is the first time and first medication taht treated my add-pi completely. Not only was I more producitive than ever, I was super nice to everyone and extermely outgoing and social, I had no anxiety at all, I felt on top of my game and was ready to rule the world, and this stuff lasts 12 hours!.

Just my $.02 but this stutff is a wonder drug, im titrating down off of everything else, just for this.

Also if youre in california, have a preexisting condition and are a legal resdient, you can quality for PCIC, which will bring the cost down to $15/month after a $500 deductible. I think its a great deal I've been paying several hundred a month just to get my adderall and Nuvigil is only schedule IV!!!!!!! that means mail order, 3 months at a time. I couldn't be happier.

YMMV but with free samples I highly suggest you try it if you have ADD-pi, its a godsend!!!

17. Mr Gregoire

Mr Gregoire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    i was prescribed nuvigil and it was great, useless in high doses. but a great alternative to amphetamine! is this legal now without a script or what? i didnt understand the OP

18. Sleepy girl

Sleepy girl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from earth
    I am taking armodafinil 50 mg for 3 weeks now. I was wired at first, but that settled down. It changed my appetite, don't have one now and eat less meat. It makes me a bit more confident, maybe too much. Changed my judgement a bit, not driving for now. I feel good during the day, not sleepy. I sleep well at night and wake up refreshed. 100 mg was too much for me and we scaled it back after 3 days. I was too wired, muscle weakness and did not sleep at night. I am far more organized and better attention span for work, with 50 mg. dose. Not sure yet about the long term, but for now, it's good.

19. curious_38

curious_38 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Ohio
    A fish had some 2-[(R)-(diphenylmethyl)sulfinyl]acetamide and Mr. Gregoire is right it is useless in high doses. The fish didn't feel any better than if he took the one 150mg tablet. This fish wants me to use it instead of adderall which is a wonder medication for my ADHD and Tourettes, to boot. I do not think I will change. I always follow doctors orders and always have medication to spare. So no thank you armodafinil. But my fish likes it for what he calls a severe case of Lethargy. The dude can barelynow swim right. I am glad I found out about the diazapam problem. I will let him know; that is why he forgets days at a time!

20. Baba Blacksheep

Baba Blacksheep Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from portugal
    Received a script of 150mg Armodafinil as an alternative to 200mg Modafinil and find it considerably more stimulating even if a little too much. Not recreational in my opinion but an excellent tool for wakefulness hence the generic name 'wakealert'.

Tags: