Has DXM lost it's magic for you?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by TitusCrow, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. TitusCrow

TitusCrow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWITC has experimented with DXM products over the last 5 years on and off. He had tried LSD a while back but then was unable to get it from that point on. He then went back to using DXM.

SWITC feels that compared to LSD or even 2C's, the DXM trip is very "dirty". He's adjusted his dosages up to 800mg , but to no avail, he cannot experience the incredible effects that he once was able to.

SWITC also tried spacing the trips out by weeks and even months, still the same redundant gritty feeling was felt. He now looks at DXM as only being able to produce a drunken confused state of mind.

Does You know anyone who could relate to this?

2. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Define "dirty" please. More description will enable my ol' mate SWIM to determine if he's experiencing the same effects...

3. TitusCrow

TitusCrow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's as if SWITC experiences all the negative effects with little positive.

SWITC would describe it as feeling the onset and the comedown but the actual plateau being somewhat un-noticable or simply no longer enjoyable.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you consider I has had amazing experiences with DXM (along with some just ok ones) over time and after a long hiatus has gotten terrible itches, puked his brains out, terrible drug interaction side effects, spins, and other nasty stuff the few times he tried it again.

Yeah, I'd say the magic is gone for him. Wasn't a whole lot of magic to begin with, it was more of the trips being enjoyable for swim, but it certainly seems like magic compared to what swim gets from it now.

And swim knows a number of people who have referred to DXM as dirty. After the last few times he understands it now. The itching (whether slight or severe) and odd nauseous feelings plus disassociative effects give swim a very odd feeling that something isn't right. He just feels like he ingested something "dirty" that didn't do what it was supposed to. Thats what he thinks when someone refers to a substance or trip off the substance as "dirty", though he has only seen it used in reference to DXM.

5. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have been doing dxm for a long time now to. I haven't done dxm as much anymore because he is interested any many other substances to and likes to experiment with as many as possible. but no, for swim dxm is still just as amazing at is always was. 1000+mg of dxm is something I could never get used to

6. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM voted No but he isn't a good guage because he is somewhat inexperienced with DXM. He has tripped a few times on it but nothing to the point where he was able to notice a significant change in the effects of the same dose. There is definitely a lot more novelty to it the first time though because it is quite a unique experience.

7. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I went through a period of heavy DXM abuse which lasted approximately two years. At the end, it had lost it's magic and ingestion only resulted in negative effects. She tapered down, quit using VERY regularly around November of 2005 and used about once a month until last February. She recently has begun experimentation again and some of the magic has been regained, but she feels she still needs to let it go back down. So, I didn't really know what to answer for the question. I will say that DXM probably provided the most "magical" experiences of any drug she's ingested...it only really began to feel dirty towards the end.

8. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim also feels the dxm has been one of the most "magical" chemicals he has put in his body. Swim will never forget the time when he ingested 1400mg of dxm and litened to sebastion bach on the pa system all night in the basement :D