Hash and Ash???

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by CABS205, Oct 24, 2004.

1. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm not too familar with hash and ash...I think, that's what it's called. A friend of mine, put cigarette ashes on the pipe first then put the weed...So does that mean that was hash??? I'm a bit confused with those terms...

2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hash(short for hashish) is the solid, resinous form of cannabis, often a bit more mongy than ordinary weed, though not as strong as skunk. It's also easier to corupt with other substances - e.g. heroin(='Sputnik in U.K.), crack, cement dust, you name it (even lsd- v.interesting smoke!!!).

Never heard of anyone putting fag ash in a bowl before smoking though, and wouldn't really recommend it - ash is pretty nasty stuff, rather carcinogenic, and not something you want to inhale! Can't imagine it tasting that good either...

3. soer

soer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    he may have the put ash in the pipe to prevent the pot from adhering its resinous leftovers to the pipe

4. Micklemouse

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Maybe, can't see how it would though, ash not being renowned for it's bonding properties. Would be better off with a decent gauze and a regular clean - recycle that residue!

5. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    weed put ontop of ash is not hash. basically hash is concentrated canibanoids and/or tricromes.

I have seen people put a chunk of cig ash into a bowl unbroken and then put hash on top of that, to prevent the hash from melting down into the pipe, so that you can smoke it easier. but most people smoke hash other ways.

6. Symi81

Symi81 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do you recycle the resin? Is it just the black tar that's left over in your pipe? How do you smoke that stuff?

thanks

If this is an illegal qestion I apologize.

7. Micklemouse

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A little bit of heat, scrape it out, and wipe onto rolling paper for j, or foil to hot knife or chase.

Being a residue of something that has ben burnt, it isn't the healthiest or nicest tasting thing in the world, but it does the job when things run dry, and is a damn site nicer than fag ash! Using the residue of tobacco mixes is not a good idea!

Questions are never illegal, actions and requests sometimes are. Read the rules for a bit more guidance.

8. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    there's a differance between hash and resin.

resin is the residue left after smoking weed.

extract hash is the substance you have when you wash or extract the canabinoids and such with a solvant and then let the solvent (like acetone or alcohol) evaporate out.

finger hash is usually the sticky crystals and such on the fingers of the bud groomers and the scizers used and etc and then rolled all into a ball or pressed together. something a little bit of oil is used to help get it off the hands and scizers.

kif hash is what you have when you collect kif by running lots of buds on a screen and allowing the crystals fall through... you then press the kif that fell through and you have kif hash

bubble hash is when you used a ice and cold water extraction on buds and trim to freeze and break off just the tricromes (the fine crystals all over the buds) and collect in a few differant layers of screens. this stuff can get up to 90% pure thc.

9. Symi81

Symi81 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Wow! Thanks micklemouse! I just tried that technique, and it surely works. Currently listening to Who's Next by the Who, and about to get something to eat. later. [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Micklemouse

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Glad to be of service! By the way, careful if you're using foil - people tend to get the wrong idea and panic a little if they see bits of burnt tin foil lying around! Save yourself some sticky questions and get rid of it as soon as you're finished with it. The last thing you need is your nearest and dearest thinking you've got a smack problem!

Seems to be a bit of cultural difference in terminology here. In Britain, hash = hashish = compressed resin scraped from the leaves of the plant; the residue left after smoking weed = the residue left after smoking weed. But let's not get bogged down in semantics. Perhaps what is needed is a dictionary of terms from around the world...

11. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    OMG! Thank you...So skunk is stronger than hash and hash is stronger than weed? Am I right? I don't want to sound like an idiot in front of my dealer..LOL! Thanks, for the replies! It helped a bunch!

Tags: