1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Hash Oil and Honey Oil

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by I'mTheGod, Nov 8, 2007.

1. I'mTheGod

I'mTheGod Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Okay, I searched and found no threads asking this question. Please don't close this thread.

What's the difference between hash oil and honey oil?

2. Cannibalistic_Lizard

Cannibalistic_Lizard

Reputation Points:
    Well i dont know if Honey oil is a slang name for it, but where i come from it isnt so...
    Oil derived from hash and oil derived from honey lol. One will get ya stoned and the other just causes pimples.

3. Cannibalistic_Lizard

Cannibalistic_Lizard

Reputation Points:
    By just skimming thru it i can see it mainly seems like another name/way of making hash oil.

4. I'mTheGod

I'mTheGod Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah you're right. But hash oil is dark brown and honey oil looks like honey.

5. 1954

Reputation Points:
    ... years and years ago ... SWIM bought 300ml of honey oil in Kansas City... it was so potent that it made him famous and very popular in his small town in Iowa. SWIM has never found anything better in the past 30 plus years.

6. anonuser30500

anonuser30500 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Honey oil is often just a reference to the modern butane extracted oil, or a refined oil perhaps filtered through fine charcoal. Its more a reference to any cannabis oil which is honey 'ish' coloured.

The term 'hash oil' indicates the oil is made from hash not the whole plant.

Given hash is simply the resin glands on the plant, extracting oil from that hash would be purest form of oil. You could see through it. Some of this stuff almost has little colour in it.

Extracting oil from the plant, buds and leaf, puts more contaminants in the oil.

The oil also depends on the solvent used. Some are good, others you need to soak the material in, which makes it less pure.

The clearer the oil, the better the quality.

7. 1954

Reputation Points:
    SWIM remembers the color of the honey oil , was almost like high quality motor oil, but very thick, not runny at all. Very distinct flavor and smell. Like-nothing else he has every experienced, before or ever after.... perhaps ... Maybe reminds him of the flavor of freebase ... :cool:

8. shwinehund

shwinehund Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM beleives the difference is the method of extraction. Honey oil is done via butane, whereas hash oil/budder is made via isopropyl extraction.

Of course, when making hash oil, it is best to use hash instead of weed, as it makes for a much cleaner product.

SWIMs medicinal user friends have gotten their mitts on what they call "Margarine." This is isopropyl extracted, has supposedly been tested 97.1% THC. At room temperature it is a nearly-white oil, but is is "whipped" (like cream) into a solid state, and then smoked upon a red-hot piece of glass.

Supposedly there is almost no flavour to the high. Little euphoria, little body load, just HIGH. Really HIGH.

Note; SWIM has learned from the hippies, that colour change (going from light yellow to red/brown) is due to oxidation.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  9. 1954

Reputation Points:
    SWIM found a bee that has honey oil. SWIM wonders if there are known serious health risks associated from the solvents used in the extraction process ? ... or are the residual amounts so small as not be concerned ?

10. pistol pete

pistol pete Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    the difference is quality and the method of extraction
    hash oil is a darker/greener color
    hash oil is a yellow/transparent honey like color

hash oil comes out dark usually because a polar solvent was used in the extraction,
    thc is non polar, solutions made from iso alchol - ethanol - methanol. these solutions will take in the most of the THC but it will also take plant material, hence the color, and lower quality.

honey oil is extracted using a non polar solvent , butane - ether - hexane
    this leaves behind the plant material and absorbing practically only
    thc. leaving a clearer and more potent honey colored hash.

11. CoryInJapan

CoryInJapan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    all that is, is butane blasted hash oil..

Just a differnt way of extracting the oils...Is it more potent...Maybe.

Some guy named dill made some and said it got him extremley stoned so IDK. Then again both types get you hella stoned.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009
  12. 1954

Reputation Points:
    Well the bee sent SWIM some honey ... SWIM should get it in a few days. SWIM will post a review when he has a chance to try it, unless the bee stings him.

13. CoryInJapan

CoryInJapan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    My friend swim just made some yesturday and he said he got very strong affects from very little.He is an everyday smoker too.

14. jgarlopa

jgarlopa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Cowboy had some hash oil of similar quality during the summer of '06 in Vancouver. He thinks the place got shut down by the Mounties and the owner went to prison. The one who owned the Herb School. Not even in Amsterdam has he found anything similar.

15. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    This is most likely the result of chemically treated concentrates being illegal in the Netherlands. While hash, made from pressed kif or a water wash is legal, you will not find BHO (butane hash oil) or EtOH based oil in any coffee shop.

16. rawbeer

rawbeer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    This is a side note, but I recall reading that during its drug/mind control tests the US government created a tasteless, odorless extract of cannabis that could be added to a cigarette - one drop was enough. The source seemed legit - something from erowid I recall. Anyway the 'margarine' thing reminded me of it - it was supposedly an alcohol extracted product...