Cooking - Hash

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by mynameisshaun, Jul 25, 2006.

1. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
  2. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If I would use the search engine, he would probally find a few mentions to making hash.

3. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I have used the search engine, and as you can see I posted the instructions of how to make hash that he will be using. He just want's to know how much pot he should use to get 5 people high and what the dosages are.

4. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Ok, the last time I used hash, for him and the spouse, a 1/4 of a gram done the trick. But, it was a high grade hash made out of medical grade marijuana. As for your other question, since hash is compact marijuana, it should take less.

5. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    I would say that recipe produces hash oil, not hash. Hash is sieved, not extracted with alcohol.
    Not to be a smartass, but...

6. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I wonder the same thing.

erowid says 1/10 gram per person as strong.

but hard to get answers. many people brag about their tolerance levels (not on this post though) and don't write what's normal

I've heard 1g/5 ppl elsewhere

7. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Depends entierly on the quality. I'd say a 0.5 gram joint is just right for 3 people.

The best way to find out is to try for your self. It's not going to kill you if you smoke too much.

8. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I do not think this is an answerable question as each individual is different and You does not mention whether these 5 friends smoke all the time normally, occasionally or its they're first time. In My group of friends 1/8 or 3.5g will get 4 people nicely high. It really depends on
    A) How much weed You and his friends would normally smoke to get high.
    B) How well the alcohol extraction method works.

If SWIus can assume that alcohol and butane both produce the same quality of extract then the knowledge that
    -a king size rizla wiped in the oil extracted form a 10 or 1.75g of weed and then just rolled with tobacco had SWIM usually a reserved and quiet stoner screaming at the top of his voice while he crawled across his friends flooded garden covering himself in shite knowing full well he still had to go to 2 more lessons that afternoon-
    might be useful! also there was enough oil left to coat two more rizlas.
    ;) DO Not underestimate the power of extracts. Or if You does, enjoy the most fucked You is likely to be in some time:D .

9. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Eating Pot is NOT like smoking Pot.

Trying to give a valid dose amount for eaten Pot is difficult. Each person will be affected in his own way.

I saw one hard-core smoker eat one Gram's worth of Bud, and he spent the next 4 hours crawling around on all fours.

On the other extreme, Jim (usually a light-weight) ate 1.5 Grams, and barely felt it. Then 90 minutes later, he ate 3 Grams. He felt pretty good, but not too good.

My rule-of-thumb: Eat 3 times as much Pot as you like to smoke in one sitting.

10. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would agree with your rule of thumb unless hash is involved. I don't feel orally ingested weed that much, but hash seriously messes him one.

The highest he has ever been was from eating a 1 gram piece of good hash and he was delirious. He was passing out half on the bed and half on the floor and had to have someone drive him home at 9pm at night, only a few hours after he got to his friends apartment. He then proceeded to sleep for 12+ hours. A very intense experience!