Hashish

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by searcher, Mar 3, 2006.

1. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    no seperate hash forum ?

swim ran across some dark green/brown crumbly stuff recently, not "home made" stuff. Was a pleasant variation for swim. I hadn't seen any hash for a couple years, maybe longer. Swim said "it wasn't as good as green weed" hmmm

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    sounds like you had some commercial grade kif hash. I have been lucky enough to smoke plenty of bubble hash .. all differant grades including the infamous "full melt" putty. Also hash oil is very common in northwest... it's great to smoke through a "bell" bong stem on charcoal or hot knifes. It's also great to dip your nug into before toking. A new variation of hash has been showing up alot lately called "budder" hash or "gold ice" which is a yellow "cruchy" csytally form of hash oil that liquidfys quickly melts completely away and is amazingly strong. Of course there's always the commercial pressed kif and pressed kif/shake hash pucks.

What kind of hash is seen around your part of the world?

3. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I am from the east coast, right outside of washingtin DC, and he has only found it once, and it was dried rock hard, had pieces of tin foil in it, and still smelled strongly of alcohol. Pretty much if you want hash here you have to make it yourself. Kinda sucks.

4. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    talking of hash, whatever happend to the good hash.
    I used to get red seal, gold seal, red leb, afghani...he says "damn they were good."
    SWIM only ever sees them when in Amsterdam now :(

5. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's all still available in the right circles. :) Bubblehash has kind of taken over the hash market, since it's so much better than hash used to be.

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I always wondered why there wasn't a hash forum also.

Truth is, hash is much, much more difficult to export from their countries of origin ever since 9/11. Afghan hash is practically unheard of in the UK now that the US have occupied that territory. Apparently cannabis crops are being cracked down upon heavily so small farmers have decided to grow opium poppies in smaller amounts instead in order to maintain a living. It truly is sad. Realistically speaking, the age of the great international hashish trade is nearly dead. There are no hashish aficionados anymore. The future of hash in the UK is either soapbar, produced from a mixture of Moroccan hash and random crap, or hashes that homegrowers make themselves off whatever bud they grow. Unfortunately cannabis is much more profitable in its unprocessed state because most buyers don't appreciate good hash anymore.

7. pumped3.16

pumped3.16 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    pollen is good hash.

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    True. There doesn't seem to be as much of it around this year compared to previous years however. It's a damn shame because it's the most economical deal you can get in these parts. Good weed probably beats it effects-wise but a quarter oz. of polm (as I, like the Dutch, like to call it) will last much longer than a quarter of weed.

Caramello is another great hash that's sometimes available. I would take that over weed anyday. Unfortunately that seems to be drained also.

9. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    This past fall swim came across the best hash he had ever had in more than a dozen years. My source said it was columbian hand hash. I believe he posted a pic of it somewhere along the lines. How good was it. The handful of posts he managed to spit out between sept and dec were, more or less, complete jibberish. Man swim cant wait to get some more.:D

10. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bubble hash is the shit.

11. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I've never heard of Colombian hash. Hand made hash can be superb though especially Nepalese.

12. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim used to think bubble hash (especially the full melt putty) was the highest quality hash in the world until he was introduced to this new "budder" hash ... which is a type of hash "honey" oil that is very think and crstyally and "chunky" and with the slightest bit of flame melts into a full liquid and burns away completely smooth. (yes, smoke some from a foil and leave no trace.)

13. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    lol neither have I. But swims source probably really wouldnt have known either way if he had brought it up. And I has never seen hand hash before either, but it probably did come from someone's hands. It was extremely soft, even when slightly chilled. The colour was dark dark green, but lighter on the inside when pulled apart. Taste was remarkably similar to very good weed oil with not a hint of solvents. Similar odour as well. And noticable smoother on the throat and lungs. Wicked good all around. Swim means wicked.:beer

14. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Now you're getting my dick hard. Is this in Amsterdam only or what? I would pay good money for this kind of shit, and so would i for that matter.

How does it taste when you smoke? Is it smooth, and does it have like a strong hash smell?

15. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Yes, that definitely sounds like decent hand-rubbed hash. The darkish green colour, spicy scent and deep, sedative effects are all characteristic of good hand-made hash. Hand-made hash rubbed under the heat of the sun for several hours is not an exclusively Asian practice. I'd imagine the same quality hash could be produced anywhere in the world as long as the hot sun is beating down.

16. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Try Asia!:D

17. lojzarb

lojzarb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have never smoked hash. This makes me sad, as it cannot be found around his area.

18. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Those were the days, my friends...

A very good point Ace! A certain mouse was telling me of a time in the late eighties when the market in Briton was flooded with Leb, decent 'Rocky, and the finest squidgy black you could possibly imagine - hours of fun moulding it into snails, houses, people we knew! Grass was a myth, and skunk hadn't even been invented! There was a distinct cut off with the advent of Diesel - evil stuff that had allegedly had a bit of an accident in a fuel tank, and which seemed to be around forever! After that the quality was never quite the same, with a few notable exceptions. Nowadays, apart from the rare bit of pollen coming through, and the even rarer Charis, so far as hashish goes, it's all ketabar, brickdust and gak. The chavs seem to like it, but there ya go. Oh, for a time machine...

19. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    well some of the finest hashish i've smoked was from Morocco not soapbarr obviously,but Moroccan gold and ketama gold.good quality morrc is nice hash not to strong mild fairly soft smk.its a shame soap and unscrupulous dealers have ruined the Marjorie of the quality Morrc thats seen exported now

20. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    best ever I has had when I used to smoke was handrolled *one year old* nepali made from wild plants.
    It was all dried up but amazing, really powerful, unique effects.
    It was bought for a ridiculous price from a teahouse owner's family, in august 1996 ( rainy season), near Ghandruk in the Annapurna region. The man explained that when the plants were ripe ( wild cannabis grows everywhere in Nepal, even in the capital kathmandu) he would get up at 5 in the morning with friends and go rub the plants.
    weren't expecting much from a one year old dried up hash like this, but it was quite a surprise. Nothing to do with coffeeshop nepali...
    b

Tags: