have to quit alcohol could ayaushca help?

Discussion in 'Alcohol addiction' started by fnord, May 6, 2007.

1. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    I has to quit alcohol,temporaly. this sucks because swims heavily dependant on it for one of his main sources of happyness,without it his life seems empty its all he can think about now that he cant drink anymore.hes already decided to start stock pileling beer for when he can drink again.this makes not drinking even harder because he knows he has beer yet cant drink it.swims stressed angry and horrible sad,hes decided that maybe ayauscha might help swim work thru this situation,if not he has enough wellbutrin around to make bill oriely smile,but dosent want to resort to that.does anyone think that doseing aya would help anything?if not swims thinking maybe a week long bender will take his mind off the beer for a while at least untill hes detoxed enough to be able to deal with p[eople without fakeing a smile :(

2. Veteran Joker

Veteran Joker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Alcohol has a nasty dependance. I have heard anecdotal and firsthand experience that large doses of acid, mushrooms, mescaline and salvia unlock hidden potential in all people. Whilst not plesant in large doses, the effects afterwards can be a profound serenity and willingness to overcome dependance.

Have You considered iboga root?

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have a few words for you, having treated and dealt with people in the same boat as I am adrift in: Don't Believe the Hype!

The re-hab business, and the churches that run many of them, are Big Business. So are semi-cults like AA (let's not get into AA right or wrong here, folks). People are led to conclude that putting down the bottle, beer can, whatever - is oh so hard (snivel, boo hoo...) and you have to do bla bla bla...

If you are physically addicted, go talk to a good doctor who can prescribe a couple valium or ativans. Tell the doc what's up and you will keep these in reserve in case of REALLY bad withdrawl. If not - do the following anyway: Put it down. Expect a sleepless night and day, maybe two, and the possibility of visual hallucinations. Has SWIM ever taken LSD? If yes, the imagery will be familiar territory. LSD users are a step ahead of the program as they won't flip out if they see flying purple elephants. If the stomach is out of whack (common) - eat a little food every hour. The nose and sinuses may get involved. Sudafed Plus every 4 - 6 hours as needed. Thirsty? Soda Pop. The sugars in this help restore liver function. And Black Licorice. Why? It contains glycerhizic (spellin is off) acid, good for restoring liver, and has been used in Chinese medicine for this for a long, long time. It helps. Now - RIDE THE TIGER, BABY! You'll be fine in a few days and feel much, much better! And you'll wonder what the hype was all about! Gosh! "I didn't have to bang a drum in a church basement and pray to some dead guy!"

If your I have severe withdrawl symptoms like strong tremors (DT's), then get to a doctor and get the valium or ativan. If they want to lecture you to go to re-hab or AA - tell 'em your I want to quit alcohol - not trade one addiction for another addiction to some quasi-religious cult.

Option 2: Go to AA and ask for a good re-hab.

Choice is SWIM's.

4. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    aa/rehabs not a choice for swim hell do this on his own,yes there are stong DT hands are shaking sweaty bitchy,swim snaps for no reason etc etc,but this is just a temporary thing maybe a 1-5 months,right now swims just trying to get past the dt's ,after that I will continue to be sad depressed bored.swim knows this becasue hes quit before for a month or so.swims going to try a extensive aya journey and see if that helps,swim knows he can quit without pro. help thats part of the reason hes keeping beer in the fridge as a reminder hes doing this on his own and for himself.but he might go to a doctor this week for some meds.if not for the dt's just for the fun,

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmmm, I've seen many different reasonings for recovering alcoholics keeping some liquor around and smokers attempting to quit carrying packs around. I've also looked at possible psychological explanations given to describe these sorts of behaviors.

Whatever you believe, I think its better to have absolutely no alcohol around for when you try to do this, especially in the intial stages. You might rationalize it in whatever way, and maybe think that having it there will prove your will is strong enough to handle anything, but its best not to leave it to chance.