Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Question...

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by geoff856, Aug 26, 2005.

1. geoff856

geoff856 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    My friend just gave me 100 untreated Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. He gave me the Ghana strain. I know that those dont have that much LSA in them. How many of these seeds do I need to take to trip? Has anyone tripped on the Ghana strain?

2. DrugPhreak

DrugPhreak Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    75 y/o from iceland
    1. Grind 100 Hawaiian Baby Woodroseseeds to a powder. Place the powder into a small jar and pour in enough naphtha to fully cover the seeds. You can't really use too much, but leave enough room so it shakes well. Screw on the lid and shake well for a few minutes. Let it sit for an hour or so, shaking every so often. Shaking is good.
    2. Pour the seed/solvent solution through a coffee filter and let it drain. Putting the coffee filter into a funnel first works well. The solvent is no longer needed. Spread out the seed mush on the coffee filter which it is in, on a plate or something, and let the seeds fully dry out. You should smell no solvent when it's fully evaporated. It may take a couple of hours.
    3. Once the seeds are fully dried place the powder into a clean small jar, with a good tight fitting lid. Add 45ml of ethanol into the small jar with the seed powder. Shake well. This should sit for 3 days and shake it whenever you think of it.
    4. Okay 3 days have passed, it's almost time. Again, stick a coffee filter in a funnel and then pour the ethanol/seed solution into the filter. Let it drain thoroughly. Once it's close you can squeeze out excess alcohol, but be careful not to break the filter. You can now discard the seeds, as the good stuff is in the alcohol solution that's left.
    5. Now pour the solution into another containerand let it sit for a couple of hours. Any seed powder remaining in the solution will settle to the bottom. Once it has, pour off the alcohol, rinse the seed crap out of the bottle, and pour the alcohol solution back in. Add enough of the clean alcohol to fill the bottle and you're done.
    6. You now have 45ml of drinkable alcohol (once diluted)containing the extract from 100 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds, which should be a yellowish, clear liquid that looks much like tequila.
    7. Normal dosage of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose is 5-12 seeds, MG about 200-400 seeds and it's easy to measure. You can either get an oral syringe at any drug store that has a 1-5ml gradated gauge on the side, or use measuring spoons. 1tsp=5ml of liquid. 1ml of the 'tincture' = 3 seeds. I've found that 3ml of the liquid works very well. Mix with water, or anything else.
    8. This method works very well, is easy to dose, easy to prepare, and you should not experience any nausea. Also, because the LSA's are extracted they take way less time to start working. Expect to feel the effects within an hour.
    9. Keep your little bottle in the fridge. Heat is bad for all tryptamines.
    10. Something to note: You can evaporate off the alcohol and you will be left with the alkaloids which you can put into gel caps etc. But, this is harder to dose, etc. I've found the alcohol method very easy and precise.
    SWIDP is in the process of doing this andthe seeds have been sitting in ethanol for a day now. This is their first time doing this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2006
  3. geoff856

geoff856 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I took 10 seeds by grinding them up in a coffee grinder and put them in gelcaps. I took them 3 hours ago and nothing has happend yet. Im going to take 5 more. Hopefully these seeds will work...

4. geoff856

geoff856 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Ya these seeds didnt work at all. I took all 100 lol. I guess the Ghana Strain has no LSA...oh well.

5. DrugPhreak

DrugPhreak Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    75 y/o from iceland
    FUCK!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

I'll never do that again! I followed the procedure above and drank 4ml of it and puked for like eight hours straight! It took like two hours for it to kick in and I felt like I had the flu, but there was definitely LSD-like affects throughout the whole thing. I had visuals and things started tolook different and somewhatfake like it does when you are on Cid... on a certain leveleverything physical is fake... it's alla manifestation of the spiritual. [​IMG]Also, my thoughts where much deeper, but there was a good amount of disorientation soit was hard to focus at times. After puking I was starting to get hot flashes, but overall I felt better. It's so hard to fall asleep on these just like it is on LSD. I finally passed out early in the morning and woke up in the afternoon with my stomach still feeling queasy and my back was killing me. I feel much better right now, but I'm not going to eat anything heavy for another day... just drinking water and eating fruit right now. I probably should have started with 1ml, but maybe the same thing would have happened... anyway, I'll never find out... lol. I'll stick with Cid... thanks. [​IMG]Edited by: DrugPhreak

6. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Good Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds can give a strong trip on as little as just 5 seeds. But be carefull as they can make some people very sick too.[​IMG]

7. geoff856

geoff856 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Thanks alot for the information guys next time I do Hawaiian Baby Woodrose im going to make sure I buy the Hawaiian strain.

8. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    That is either an overdose or something is wrong in your method. I suspect that the cyanogenic glycosides which cause sickness/nausea have not been removed. I wouldn't know why. The Naptha should have rid it.

9. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    Would those cyanogenic glycosides happen to NOT be water soluble? How about ergometrine? I haven't suffered from nothing more than a little disturbed feeling after doing the simple water extraction. I didn't also have pain in his legs as he did after eating the seeds, but my brother did though.

10. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    I had thought the "cyanogenic glycosides" were a myth; at least, nobody seems to be able to pull up any scientific info that definitively states that Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and MG seeds contain CGs.

Regardless, there's SOMETHING in the LSA-containing plants that makes most folks sick to their stomachs, and it doesn't appear to be easily separated from the LSA. Call it a filter of sorts: "Don't like pukin'? Don't do LSA."

11. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I didn't bother with extraction the first few times swim tried H.B. Woodrose seeds. He just scraped the outside shell of the seeds off with an exact-O knife and then crushed the seeds up with a hammer. He then put the remnants in a glass of water and drank them. I didn't have any problems with nausea when doing this.

12. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    In another forum I had conversation about this and they said the water extraction will reduce nausea greatly. When I asked sources, they threw me with this: Ott 1996, R├Ątsch 2005 (encyclopedia of psychoactive plants jne.), The Road to Eleusis, and claimed it to be general knowledge(if that's correct expression in english).

13. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Can anyone dig up a complete analysis for Argyreia nervosa (hawaiian baby woodrose) and ipomoea violacea (morning glory), so that we can define wether or not cyanogenic glycosides are involved and what else is at play.

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I've looked around, but could find no true scientific data supporting this. In fact, most of the information stating this comes from other forums that cater to the curious (planted propaganda?) psychonautical set.

From what little hard data I found, the cyanogenic glycosides are found in the outer skin covering of the seeds. The amount involved would likely be so tiny as to have about as much cyanide as a tobacco cigarette.

This may be a rumor that developed like peyote having strychnine in the fuzzy tufts attached to the buttons. Keep looking.

15. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I will admit he does not really understand some of the data given in the below but is pretty sure it is the comparison between Argyreia nervosa and ipomoea violacea yous were looking for. If someone can sum up and simplify in more user friendly (less clever person) terms, it would be appreciated.

Indole Alkaloids In Plant Hallucinogens Richard Evans Schultes, PhD. Journal of Psychedelic Drugs Vol.8(No.1) Jan-Mar 1976
    "The main constituent of the seeds of Rivea corymbosa is ergine or d-lysergic acid amide. Minor alkaloids present are the related d-isolysergic acid amide (isoergine), chanoclavine, elymoclavine and lysergol. The seeds of Ipomoea violacea have a similar composition, but instead of lysergol, they have ergometrine (ergonovine). Later, very minor amounts of two alkaloids ergometrinine and penniclavine - were found in I. violacea by chromatography. the total alkaloid content of the seeds of Ipomoea viloacea is approximately five times as great as that of the seeds of Rivea corymbosa: 0.06% in the former; 0.012% in the latter. This difference in the alkaloid content explains why Indians employ smaller doses of seeds of the Ipomoea than of the Rivea.
    (apologies for underscores, used so table layed out properly)

Burger's Medicinal Chemistry Fourth Edition, Volume III Chapter: "Hallucinogens" Alexander Shulgin

[SIZE=-1]Composition, % of total alkaloids present
    [SIZE=-1]Compound______________________ [SIZE=-1]R. corymbosa___________ [SIZE=-1]I. violacea
    [SIZE=-1]Ergine (LA-111) ____________________[SIZE=-1]54, 48 ______________[SIZE=-1]58, 10-16, 5-10_____________
    [SIZE=-1]Isoergine _________________________[SIZE=-1]17, 35 _______________[SIZE=-1]8, 18-26, 9-17________ [SIZE=-1]
    Ergometrine_________________________ 0[SIZE=-1]______________________8______________
    [SIZE=-1]Elymoclavine________________________ [SIZE=-1]4 ______________________[SIZE=-1]4______________
    [SIZE=-1]Chanoclavine_______________________ [SIZE=-1]4______________________ [SIZE=-1]4_____________
    [SIZE=-1]Lysergol____________________________4______________________ 0[SIZE=-1]__________ ________
    [SIZE=-1]Alkaloids
    (% of dry weight of seeds)____________ [SIZE=-1].012, .04_______________ [SIZE=-1].06, .04-.08, .02-.04

Also interesting and I felt relevent from this page though is not sure of the accuracy were the plants other names could be useful when searching for data
    -"It's pretty clear that the latin names of this plant are somewhat confused (which is typical). Ipomoea purpurea, Ipomoea tricolor, Ipomoea violacea and Ipomoea rubro-caerulea are all the same plant. The other variety of morning glory, "Ololiuhqui" has at least two Latin names as well: Rivea corymbosa, and Turbina corymbosa"

"the publication of a paper in Science entitled Ergoline Alkaloids in Tropical Wood Roses by Hylin and Watson...led us to examine the ornamental wood roses, Ipomoea tuberosa and Argyreia nervosa, both common Hawaiian crops... Comparing the seeds of these two plants with those of the morning glory varieties Pearly Gates and Heavenly Blue, they found the following yield of alkaloids (mg of alkaloid/g of seed material):

[SIZE=-1]Heavenly Blue _____[SIZE=-1]0.813
    [SIZE=-1]Pearly Gates______ [SIZE=-1]0.423
    [SIZE=-1]I. tuberosa_______ [SIZE=-1][None]
    [SIZE=-1]A. nervosa_______ [SIZE=-1]3.050

The seed of A. nervosa is the best plant source of ergoline alkaloids discovered; it contains approximately 3 mg of alkaloidal material per gram of seed. Approximately one-eighth of this is lysergamide. Hylin and Watson found the major alkaloidal constituents in A. nervosa seeds to be ergine (780 mcg/g of fresh seed) and isoergine and penniclavine (555 mcg)."

"it may be that there are glycosides not mentioned here that take effect at higher doses or might cause stomach upset, tachycardia etc."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Links to commercial (sales) sites, and other interactive forums are not allowed without express permission. Links to information-only is fine - to my current knowledge.