Health Canada information on Cannabis use

Discussion in 'Cannabis & Health' started by fatmanstan, Sep 14, 2006.

1. fatmanstan

fatmanstan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Hello all.

I was looking around the net last night for some info and found this website from the public health agency of Canada, and was quite impressed with how unbiased it is.

http://www.canadian-health-network.ca/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1052490786377&pagename=CHN-RCS%2FCHNResource%2FCHNResourcePageTemplate&c=CHNResource

It mentions that almost all harm associated with use is because of the actual burning of materials, and mentions harm reduction rather than strict "just say no" BS when dealing with your children. Even the links are pretty informative and free of propaganda.

Proud to be Canadian.

2. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    correct me if im wrong but the canadian governments policies on MJ dont really reflect this do they?

is this private or public company?

3. fatmanstan

fatmanstan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    From the "about us" page:

The Canadian Health Network (CHN) is a national, bilingual health promotion program found on the Web at www.canadian-health-network.ca. The CHN's goal is to help Canadians find the information they're looking for on how to stay healthy and prevent disease. The CHN does this through a unique collaboration - one of the most dynamic and comprehensive networks in the world. This network of health information providers includes the Public Health Agency of Canada, Health Canada and national and provincial/territorial non-profit organizations, as well as universities, hospitals, libraries and community organizations.

It appears to be a non-profit health promoting organization, with at least some ties to Public Health Agency of Canada and Health Canada, as well a a few other government organizations. It is not a drug promotion website in any way, so that would lead me to believe that it does not have a "pro-marijuana" agenda of any kind. It appears to be just a website dedicated to helping people find accurate information about health and well-being. The letterhead of the page is very reminiscent of Government of Canada, although on the internet, I suppose that means very little.

So maybe it's not directly a government website, my bad. A good indication of Canada's attitudes nonetheless.