1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Hear voices every time take amphetamine

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by kitty44, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty44

kitty44 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    Hi - SWIM hears voices every time SWIM takes speed now and has had a couple of psychotic episodes so has to be careful not to overdo it. There's one male voice told me his life story and told me he was a spirit. Anyone else get voices? Wonder if it he really is a spirit, or is my head just fucked basically. :s

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    Re: Hear voices every time take speed

It may be time to seriously quit all drug use. Additionally SWIY may be very surprised what the effect of high dosed multivitamines / amino-acids will do. Average quality supplements will not cut it.

Has SWIY been taking care of her body lately? Sleep, food, etc?

3. turmoiled

turmoiled Newbie

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o Male

If that was me, meaning you. I would consider never never doing speed again . How would you like to be stuck in that moment forever . Possibly opening a door that you cant shut!!! Dont go their, now i know someone who opened the door and has to take medication for the voices. Please becarefull!!!

4. Pondlife

Pondlife Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.

As Alfa and suavem1 said, it's time to stop right now. Google "amphetamine psychosis" for some details on what this might be.

It's well known that too much amphetamine use (where the amount that is "too much" varies according to the individual) can cause psychosis. I heard one consultant psychiatrist say that given enough amphetamine, everyone would eventually exhibit psychosis because of the increase in dopamine that it causes.

5. kaczynski

kaczynski Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male

SWIM has experienced very faint "voice-like" auditory hallucinations after using large quantities of speed, as well as seeing the shadow people constantly lurking in his peripheral vision. As far as what you're describing, the other guys already said it all.

6. mspen1018

mspen1018 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male

If SWIY doesn't stop you may hear voices forever, is SWIY tweaking or taking speed for ADHD???

I ask because SWIM used to tweak a lot and SWIM has ADHD too and because of sensitization, SWIM can't take therapeutic doses of any amphetamine but can take dexmethylphenidate and not get psychotic at all. Tweaking messes up the brain and dexedrine was my 'gold standard' ADHD med and 5 mg TID made me completely nuts and pre tweaking I took 80 mg per day for ADHD.

7. norcolepsy

norcolepsy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Can you give some perspective on how deep your speed abuse is? have swiyou done large amounts(more then prescribed) for a long time on a consistant basis, or is amphetamine something that is new to you and you've noticed a horrible side effect?

8. cyndi

cyndi R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female

Swim's son was taking a low dose of adderall for ADHD, 15 mgs, and was hearing voices. Swim immediately took him off and he was fine. Some people are sensitive to amphetamines even in low amounts. It is a horrible side effect that most who abuse amphetamines will eventually go through in large or small doses.

9. BlondieUK

BlondieUK

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male from U.K.

Swim has seen the "shadow people" attempting to come at him, swim has sat on a tube and heard farmyard noises (complete with clucking, dogs running around etc)

Try and give it a break for a while if possible.

10. beefybeef87

beefybeef87 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from mexico

It's either that swiy really heard the voices a divine being aka God, or more realistically, this may be an early symptom of schizophrenia. I would quit the habit if I were swiy.

11. chavrob

chavrob Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male

ever time i get off it i her pll calling me or seagull shouting my name

12. kitty44

kitty44 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.

Thank for all the helpful advice. Unfortunately SWIM has done it again and is having yet another psychotic episode. The voices are real people and we can read each others thoughts. Please post reply if u r going through same thing - could do with someone to talk to.

Kitty44

13. BlondieUK

BlondieUK

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male from U.K.

Swiy is having a schizophrenic episode. Call a doctor.

14. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from California, U.S.A.

first wife would hear the voices, she needed medication to stop the voices, and when she tweaked, ouch the voices would have her acting very dangerously, stop or don't stop its your call , at least for now.

Later though you will find a mental hospital as your mailing address, so you decide. Peace

15. cyndi

Reputation Points:
    Female

Oh goodness swiy needs to stop all speed NOW! If not on her own, she needs to get help. The voices are not real, it is part of this mind maddening episode. After abstaining for a while if the voices are still there, she will probably need medication.

16. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from bermuda

SWIM remembers hearing such voices, some can be 'angelic', some 'demonic'. It can seem quite fascinating at first, but it's soon alarming. It only happened to SWIM after a lot of amphetamine abuse. Such auditory hallucinations are a known part of 'amphetamine psychosis'. 'Amphetamine psychosis' is not real psychosis-- no speed, no symptoms!

There is a lot of medical literature on this topic, for example:

It was no spirit, just part of your own brain.

It is time to stop taking speed for a time, as everyone here is saying. The auditory hallucinations don't reappear without the speed in nearly every case (benzos can help calm people). BTW, SWIM hasn't touched speed for many years now.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  17. Kernacktur

Kernacktur Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

SWIM used to get amphetamine psychosis real bad when he used. He would regularly stay up for a week straight. Usually by the third day he would start hearing footsteps in his house and voices right outside of his house. He once thought people were tracking him and the cops had gotten into his house to swab surfaces. Speed will make any logical person insane.

18. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from bermuda

To paraphrase Augustus Stanley Owsley II who manufactured meth before making LSD, "Amphetamine makes you insane very quickly."

19. kitty44

kitty44 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.

Hi and thanks for all the advice. Been through a week of hell with voices (which are real people) and am now on valium for a week. Some of them are even in my dreams and they are being so nasty to me. Never touching the stuff again! So, if u r doing it every day, take care cos I've ruined it for life - can never touch the stuff again.

20. cyndi

Reputation Points:
    Female

Has swiy sought medical attention? Swim thinks she should do it asap. At least to safely detox and get a grip on "the voices".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.