Heart Pains

Discussion in 'Cannabis & Health' started by HungryHippo, Jul 14, 2006.

1. HungryHippo

HungryHippo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Last Saturday I smoked/ate 3+ joints and had a really bad trip and got horrible heart pains. I was in absolute agony with these pains and left him basically paralyzed in the park where he had been smoking , unable to move for 8 hours, even when I was able to move about the pain didn't dissapear for hours later.

On Monday I smoked a single joint and got the pains again. He later collapsed on the pavement where he spent the night, unable to move.

Wedensday & Thursday SWIM cut down to 1/2 a joint but still got the pains, just as bad as before...

I'll try to describe my problem: After SWIM smokes a joint and the THC starts of take effect SWIM notices he starts to have trouble breathing through his nose as the first sign. Next SWIM starts to feel a vibration in his heart, every move he makes from now on the vibration get faster & faster, turns into pain. even blinking or breathing worsens the pain. Soon enough the pain gets so bad SWIM can no longer move. I feel like he is dieing, his heart feels like it is going to explode with every breath. Depending on how much I have smoked this is 4-12 hours of constant pain.

Does anyone know what is happening to SWIM?
    Has SWIM fucked up his heart or what.

2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Go & see a Doctor you fool. Now! Nobody but a trained physician can answer your question - it could be a panic attack, it could be indigestion, it could be angina or worse. However, that level of pain needs checking out asap. Meanwhile - no more dope for SWiMmy-boy!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
    1. 5/5,
      Great realistic advice, as always!
      Jul 14, 2006
  3. josephjab

josephjab Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Look,

I don't know how reliable this is, considering there are supposed to be NO negative health effects of weed- But take a look at it anyways..

http://www.scienceblog.com/community/older/2001/A/200110650.html

<quote>
    Studies conducted more than 30 years ago showed that marijuana use could provoke angina, or chest pain. Smoking marijuana has been shown to increase heart rate and alter blood pressure. It may also trigger a heart attack by causing a plaque inside a coronary artery to rupture and form a clot, which can block the flow of blood to the heart muscle. In addition, the researchers say marijuana is associated with an increase in the heart’s demand for oxygen, while at the same time decreasing the supply of oxygen. Thus, some marijuana-associated heart attacks may be caused by an oxygen supply to the heart that is inadequate to cope with the increased oxygen demands that occur as a result of smoking the drug.
    </quote>

hope that helps, sorry for your troubles man..

4. josephjab

josephjab Newbie

Reputation Points:
    But lookie what trustie EROWID found:

"Because cannabis increases heart rate, it could potentially increase risks of heart problems in those at risk of heart disease. One study found that cannabis use increased the risk of heart attack in men over 40, but its findings were weak and based on a very small number of individuals. In a large study of 65,000 individuals in California by Sidney et al in 1997, cannabis was not found to increase mortality rates among users under 50"

5. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Just do exaclty as micklemouse says its great advice. Its the only way to figure out what is actually wrong with you and stop smoking, its that simple.

6. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    You must be really stupid if you havent gone to a doctor yet.

1. 3/5,
      There is no need to insult some for asking a question. It might not have been the smartest thing to do, I'll agree but at least he's taken notice of it and trying to answer his questions.
      Jul 15, 2006
  7. rsmo

rsmo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    YEeah Heart is really bombastic when you smoke shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    my friend had aa heart attack last month