1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Health - Heart rate under crack versus meth

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Rosco2, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Rosco2

Rosco2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM once asked me the following question. I didn't know how to answer him because I'm sweet and innocent and have never done any drugs.

SWIM asked, "Does your heart beat faster with crack cocaine or crystal meth? I've smoked crack 3 times now, but don't like how much it increases my heart rate. Crack frees up a lot of norepinephrine in addition to dopamine. The first time I used, I smoked 0.333 gram of crack. So 4 weeks later when I smoked again, I cut it down to 0.15 gram. The following day I smoked another 0.15 gram.

The other thing I don't like about crack is it increases your heart rate for *several* hours.

If I were to smoke the equivalent amount of crystal meth (say 0.15 gram), would it be easier on the heart than crack (in other words, not cause the heart to beat quite as fast, and for quite as long)?

I understand that the stimulating mental effects of meth last a lot longer than those of crack, but I'm wondering more about heart rate. I'm hoping less norepinephrine is freed up by meth than crack.

I'm 38, in good shape, and jog 3 times a week, but crack really messes up my heart, I think."

That's the end of SWIMs questions :)

2. General Grievous

General Grievous Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o Male
    no1 felt like bothering to reply to swiy posts so being the good mood swim is ill input...hopefully ull thank me...

k first of all...the way crack cocaine works is by not "freeing up" more transmitters..what these drugs do is block the "reuptake" of the transmitters...instead of being allowed to go back and recharge..the drug pours out all the good feeling chems and doesnt let them back in for a while...thats why people crash at the end...

ok about heart rate...swim does coke cuz he likes the adranaline and rush that comes with it..and naturally the heart will beat faster! just like any other drug even weed duh...lol

3. Rosco2

Rosco2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM is aware that cocaine prevents the re-uptake of dopamine, freeing up more dopamine in the cleft. That's why SWIM specifically used the term "frees up" and not "releases" dopamine :)