heart rate

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by VIKETIME, Apr 8, 2005.

1. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    what is the average heart rate? and what is the fastest your heart should beat before it becomes dangerous.

i was thinking the average was 60-80bpm

swim's heartrate is 130bmp

how dangerous is it to take a couple hits? (3-4 MAX!!)

a couple hits of weed that is. [​IMG]

thanks

-VIKEEdited by: VIKETIME

2. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    Vike,

Didn't you ALREADY start a thread on this topic a few
    months ago?

3. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sort of, but i was asking for things that wouldnt effect the heart, now i just need to kno how much pot does. i honestly looked but i dont remember what i named the topic, sorry woodman if u wanna delete this post u can.

-VIKE

4. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Anything above 100 isn't that great, and over 200 requires medical attention, I think.

190 is what you should have after sprinting for a while, and 130 should
    be after running a mile if you're physically fit. I wouldn't reccomend
    doing any more drugs after you've got your heart rate above normal
    cause you shouldn't really risk that.

</font>

5. da420

da420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    don't risk it man...why is your heart rate so high anyways?

6. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    i'm guessing a bit on the rounder side, and high chlorestol (sp)

Muirner

7. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What is your blood pressure? Average heart rate IS 60-80bpm, although mine is 100 at rest right now... no big concern. I doubt a few hits of weed is going to put you into hypertensive crisis or anything, although I am not saying that as my personal medical opinion incase I am wrong. Typically it's
    &lt;60 bpm - bradycardia (slow)60-80 bpm - NSR (good)

120-140bpm - Tachycardia (fast, maybe keep an eye on it)

140-250 bpm - supraventricular tachycardia (very fast, get checkedout for sure, even though it's not dangerous in most cases)

&gt;250 bpm - That's just hillarious. Get help.

8. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:

5' 8" and 155 pounds, actually i got abs lol. i do have high blood pressure which runs in my family. my heart seems to be getting better actually. it all started one day smoking pot while on adderall and then everytime i had smoked pot since then it had been racing and never really went away until now..just thought i'd let you guys know.

-VIKE

9. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    not sure if i have high cholesteral though..i eat a lot of lunchmeat (usually a pound a day lol) so if that has anything to dowith it yeaa[​IMG]but overall i was always physically fit, i doa lot of sports.

10. Zaphod

Zaphod Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Viketime, you should see your doctor about getting on to an effective blood pressure drug treatment. My hypertension was diagnosed when I was in college - they call it the silent killer because it goes symptom free until your heart starts to give you trouble.

You're lucky that you have symptoms and can do something about it - if you get the right drug combination you can get back to a normal life including sport / gymn etc and your heart disease risk is greatly reduced. Don't ignore it, especially if it runs in the family.

Be careful withother drugs if you do start using Blood Pressure drugs - just need to be aware of combination effects. You'll feel much healthier though once you do start blood pressure treatment.

11. wgoff

wgoff Newbie

Reputation Points:
    my suggestion is go to your family doctor and get a complete blood workup to check for various things....could be thyroid,or kidneys....at your height and weight you arent overweight by anymeans .... and being this is a drug message board...im assuming youve done your share of drugs in the past.... id check your kidneys....kidneys have an affect on the heart in that once they start to fail and the nephrons in the kidneys start to die.... they are not as capable of pulling out the toxins out of the blood.... could also be thyroid... but weighing 155lbs and having high blood pressure and a high heart rate is an early indication of problems to come later on in life....figure it out now before those problems create new ones and you find yourself a diabetic with failing kidneys and a blown liver

12. Mezza

Mezza Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    Celery seed extract, hawthorn berry, and C12 peptide are highly effective natural solutions for high blood pressure control. A resting pulse of 100 is pretty high, you should defintely get it checked out bro.

13. e-Thom

e-Thom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i once called my doc to come over because my heart rate was 140. i smoked a bowl and had a panic attack and so i called him
    he told me not to worry since a heart rate of anything between 120-160 is ok if you you don't hace a pre-existing heart condition

14. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My friend has been having chest pain for like 2 or 3 days... and he's also on day 3. Kinda freaked him out, but he decided it was just sore from being slumped in front of a computer for like 13 hours and being exhausted... anyone ever have that?

Not really a heart rate issue, but a chest pain "freakout" nonetheless [​IMG]

15. SLICE

SLICE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeh I get them all the time... it's called heartburn!

16. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nah it wasn't heartburn, more of the "squeezed by a vice" feeling of a heart attack... he's fine though. I figure he was slouching all night and who knows how long before that in front of the computer and thats why he feels like crap... plus sleep would probably help (day 3 and all)!

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    A friend of mine was having chest pains quite some time ago. Very much like the "vice"-type described above...
    Even though he is a fit person, this naturally worried him, so he went to see a doctor.

Turned out is was a medical condition called "Tietze's Syndrome" (or something like that).

What it was: a few of the vertibrae in his mid-upper back were sort of stuck together. Apparently this can happen through stress, bad posture or indeed sitting in front of a computer for great lengths of time. The ribs attached to those vertibrae have trouble getting the motion they need to accomodate breathing, so they try to get some motion on the front, where they are attached to the sternum (chestbone). Since this is not a natural state, it can irritate the cartilage there. When that happens long enough, it results in the severe stinging pains described above.

Annoying, yes, but a huge relief and to be taken any day over real heart trouble...
    Apparently it can turn chronical, so he needs to see a chiropracter regularly. If he doesn't, it returns.

BTW any type of chestpain should ALWAYS be checked out!
    I just thought it would be nice to tell people that not every type of chestpain is an indication of severity.

18. Zaphod

Zaphod Newbie

Reputation Points:

People have been known to have similar effects being seated at a computer for excessive intervals to the thrombosis (blood clot) effects you can get on international flights in economy class seats - Economy Class Syndrome.

I've read of two incidents where heart-attacks resulted from being inactive (seated at a PC) for very long intervals - one of these involved a young person (20ish) who compulsively played video games for something like 2 - 3 days non-stop without sleep.
    Edited by: Zaphod