Experiences - Hello? Bad Moments With Diphenhydramine

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by Akewstick, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM LOVES diphenhydramine, he gets rarely any bad effects from it, and enjoys it every time, but there is always one awful moment in every trip. It's the same every time, and it's horrible for a few seconds, but it passes and he gets back to enjoying himself.

Every single time he's done he's done this drug, he's been alone, and every time, he becomes convinced that he's in a room full of 4-8 friendly people, laughing and joking, being friendly, and he gets a sense that these people are wonderful, and being with these friends is all he could ever wish for. They're never having a conversation that directly includes him, but he's loving just sitting there and enjoying their company, but then (and this is how it happens every time) one of them will say "hey, what do you think?" or "do you ever think that?"

At the point where one of them tries to include SWIM in the conversation, he realises that they're not real, and feels awful that he's alone, but is sure that he can bring them back somehow, if he tries hard enough. A few times I have found himself walking slowly around the house calling "hello?" and getting no reply, and after a few minutes, he's resigned to the fact that he's a alone. At this point a feeling of unbreabale lonliness comes over him, even if he's been with friends all day up untill a few hours ago, and he's not actually lonely in his life.

This feeling is so awful, but after a while, he tries to make logic take over, and after a few moments, he's forgotten all about it and is playing with pieces of imaginary string and curling them around his fingers again.

This only happens to him once every trip, but it happens about 4/5 times he does diphenhydramine, it's almost an inevitability, but it's still worth it in his opinion. SWIM can see that lots of people wouldn't like diphenhydramine if these things happened to them more often, because they really har horrible.

2. Female

Female Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    What dosage does You usually take?

3. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    usually about 400-500mg

4. Female

Female Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Alright, thanks! Has You ever taken a 250-275mg dosage, and if so what were the effetcs for you? I am trying to figure out if she took to little by comparing her experience to others who had taken the same dosage as her. I know the best way is to up the dosage herself, but she's still curious.

5. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yeah, basically when I do between 200 and 300mgs, he feels like he's wearing a lead suit, and in the twighlight, the edge of certain objects have a faint blue-purple buzz to them. If SWIM stares into this buzz, long spindly things scurry around for split seconds and then vanish. This is as intense as 300mgs ever gets for SWIM. To get the visuals that melt your head, you really need to be approaching 550-600.

6. Female

Female Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    I am just curious about what the line differentiating between knowing it's an effect of the drug and not knowing. I know that this is hard to do with delierents, but I don't want to scare the shit out of her house guests, so she'd like to keep sane enough to stay in her room. I think she'll try 325-350mgs before she goes to something like 500mgs.

7. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM's first ever dose was 400mg and he didn't disturb anyone in the house he was in, in fact, he may well have been able to pull it off in the same room, claiming to be a bit drunk or stoned, he hasn't tried this though.

Everyone is different, but for SWIM at least, someone in a room on 400mg of nytol wouldn't disturb people in different rooms. I wouldn't scream or leave the room if he'd promised himself he wouldn't.

8. Female

Female Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Were all of these trips for You done at night?

9. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yeah, all of them dose around 6-7pmand fell asleep at 9-10 pm, got out of bed noon the next day with a minor headahce, the times I have had to get up before noon, he's felt like absoloute shit.

Beware the hangover, set aside a day after the tirp and a bit of hash.

10. Female

Female Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Wow..SWIM just tried 325mgs and stayed awake from 3:30AM to 7:00am and got nothing..except major drowsiness. I feel kind of tired today, but not too much. Crap, SWIM'll have to up it to 400mgs and see what does it. I was honestly excepting 300mgs to work..but she has surpisingly high tolerance to the stuff. SWIM hopes she isn't one of those people that get no hallucinations. She was looking foreward to learning something about herself with those.

11. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    There is an element of luck involved in it, situation, atmosphere will all effect it.

SWIM introduced a friend to it a couple of days ago (they were in the same room together the whole time) and his friend said she got very little hallucination (at one point she had to tear down a poster off her wall to stop it shouting at her), and I saw some writing on a wall that he couldn't quite draw any meaning from. Apart from that, I got very few effects compared to normal, he was more conentrating on making sure his friends didn't get stressed out, or at least too stressed out. SWIM's dosage was 450mg, the physical effects (the muscle-relaxing weighing 1000lbs feeling) came on in record time (about 20-25 mins), and he managed to stay awake for 6 hours, by which time it had almost completely worn off.

Another discoverey SWIM made a week or so ago (here is as good a place to say it as any), is this:

SWIM always thought that deleriant-induced hallucination was always people, faces, objects, real objects moving, people talking who weren't talking, that sort of stuff.

SWIM never thought it could induce psychedelic-like visuals, like acid or shrooms, the kind of patterns and swirling colours and kalaedoscope-like pretty things rippling and oscilating.

Staring into a TV screen (turned off) from a few inches away, he saw REALLY intricate patterns, pinks, oranges, reds and yellows, changing and pulsating. They broke up and got jumbled up and formed new, more beautiful patterns. They lasted what felt like hours, I have no idea how long it actually was, and he noticed at one point that he'd completely forgotten where he was, and reluctantly tore himself away from the patterns to make sure he hadn't drifted away and was actually able to return to planet earth.

Dosage here was 400mg

Editted to add: I would like to give female a big Well Done for delving into the dark depths of delerium. To those brave or braindead enough to try it, wonderful things are up for grabs.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  12. Female

Female Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Okay, here goes. I have purchased a decent amount of Diphenhydramine. SWIM's going to try 350-375mgs now. I am still a bit too nervous to take 400mgs or more. She wants to be careful with this stuff. I cannot tell you how thankful she is to all of SWIAkewstick!! She'll report back as soon as the trip is done. She's set aside a full day tomorrow for recovery, has her candles (I feel paranoid in the complete dark on diphen.), and has some soothing music to calm the trip down if it gets out of hand. No matter that she got nothing from her two previous experiences, I feel that this stuff is to be respected, extremely respected, and treated with caution!
    SWIM thanks SWIAkewstick again! You are the epitome of awesome!:D

EDIT. Would watching a movie make an extreme impact on the hallucinations?

13. Female

Female Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Third time:
    Start: 11:59PM. Downed 12 pink pills, two blue pills. Diphenhydramine, 12 Benadryl 2 Simply Sleep. One more Benadryl 25mg on reserve. Each pill was 25mgs each, making 350mgs.
    Expected start time.
    30minutes=Drowsy
    2hrs=Hallucinations.
    Let's see!
    Preparations:
    One full day of solitary recovery allowed. (Tomorrow)
    Candles(I feel paranoid of the absolute darkness while on Diphenhydramine. Hard for her to walk down the hall to the bathroom.)
    She will slowly blow out the candles, one by one, as she feels more comfortable.
    Playlist of soothing, comfortable music.
    Curtains drawn so she wont be freaked by her reflection. (Happened first time).
    Plenty of water to treat cotton mouth.
    Fun, uplifting movies to cheer her spirit if she's feeling scared.
    One notepad and one pen.
    One paper taped to her bed post saying "Don't worry, whatever you see is not real, you are SAFE."
    One bed.
    Kava Kava and Holy Basil(Good for grounding her if she feels depersonalized)
    One sound(ish ^-^) mind.
    Comfortable atmosphere
    Confidence.
    Will edit as trip continues, and add to Diphenhydramine thread when it is finished. Posted here so she won't forget.

Well, the trip didn't go as well as expected. I got no visuals, though her arms did look kind of red and like they were swelling. Is this normal for diphenhydramine trips? The only thing close to visuals that she got was when she was sitting in her bed, staring, about 2 and a half hours into the trip she would close her eyes because she was terribly tired and immediately was transported into a dream with her eyes closed. The dream was realistic but when she opened her eyes again she was able to distinguish that this was a dream, and she wasn't responding to anything that happened in the dream.
    That's it though..I had adosage of 375mgs, time to boost it up a bit.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006