help finding a vein because this sux

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by methologist, May 11, 2007.

1. methologist

methologist

Reputation Points:
    since swim stopped using speed a while ago he has gained a significant amount of weight and now he has a supply of heroin and he loves heroin and has always had a friend shoot him up.

but this friend is no longer in my life, and I dont have pertruding veins, but when he ties off with a belt as tourniquette, he can see the 2 big blue lines under the skin on his forearm. but he can never seem to hit them.

Any advice? and if swim pulls back and doesnt see blood and still injects what will happen?

2. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    that would be IM'ing it it just goes into your muscle i dont know the health effects of it but it still works but you don't get the rush.what about on the top of the hand? a foot?make sure teh areas cleaned up first shooting in the foot is not recommended at all i hear its a quick way to get a infection but IMHO thats because feet are generally dirty/sweaty form wearing shoes.heres an execlent link:http://www.drugtext.org/library/books/needle/routesm.html

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  3. methologist

methologist

Reputation Points:
    I has very prevelant veins in the foot, but always heard they "role" from the needle, but since they do pertrude, he will give it a shot. Do you recommend injecting slowly is probably better in the foot? and definatly will clean the area good

4. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    when I find a good vein he goes for it quick,half the shot then checks to make sure its still in the vein then does the rest

5. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Last edited: May 12, 2007
  6. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    It is possible to inject there as well, but it will heal a lot slower than the veins on the inside of the arms. Because the veins there are smaller as well, one has to inject slowly. Best is always to rotate injection sites to let them heal as best as possible.

7. SwanSushi

SwanSushi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You should try using rubber tubing or another tie instead of a belt.

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  8. Rocco.Siffredi

Rocco.Siffredi Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    Swim says the veins in the thighs are really good to hit. Swim just has to be careful and make sure he shoots slowly. And like another swimmer said, pull back after half to make sure swims still in the vein.

9. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    now that i re-read your OP it seams that you do have veins,if you dont mind a bunch of tracks id says practice makes perfect.get some D-h20 and just practice till you get it down.

10. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    IMHO if you are starting to ask yourself questions like these, it's way time to quit. You is degrading his body to a tool to get high and blowing risks out of proportion.

11. Laudaphun

Laudaphun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From what I understand you have lots of veins left, you are just not in the practice of hitting yourself?

You are lucky by living where you do, since you can buy syringes OTC for a few cents each. I live in a state where a prescription is required for syringes... which meant back when I was using syringes he'd have to use the same one over and over until it got too dull, the needle broke, barbed, or just plain wore out... SWIM won't even get into some of the methods he used to keep a needle useful for just one more shot... SWIM imagines he could have saved a lot of damage to his veins by having access to clean needles for the cost of next to nothing.

Please do not inject anything into your penis as it can cause E.D. The penis is a specialized part of the body not meant to have sharp things anywhere near it! I just finished a psychology course based on sexual matters and trust me... injecting anything into the penis is not something worth the risk.

SWIM always used the vein that ran from the bend in his arm, down to wrist... you know, that great big one. SWIM never used a tie too often, he'd just put his arm on top of his leg, and then put his opposite leg over top, squeezing his arm inbetween both legs. This made his veins stick out and his opposite arm was free for injection.

Even if you are well practiced, you'll still find yourself missing a vein partly once in a while... oh did that piss SWIM off when that happened, epseicially if it was his only fix. SWIM almost died once though because he pulled the needle out of the vein on accident after drawing blood... thereby giving himself an IM injection. This pissed SWIM off cause SWIm wanted a rush, so he fixed up again with an equal dose, hitting the vein.

12. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    What Alfa says is correct, but if you must do it, look for the veins in the crook of your arm, around the centre. This is the easiest place for everyone who has not damaged their veins significantly. Don't use old, blunt needles and damage will be minimised. If you can't do this, why not smoke or snort the heroin, or just not do it-- you will be happier that way in the end. By the time you have learned to inject yourself properly, you may well be wishing you hadn't learned.

13. springplain

springplain Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Vein care is a big issue for injectors. I believe that always using a new needle and syringe, always rotating injecting sites, always using swabs to clean the site, always cleaning hands before and after and always trying to be careful will minimise potential damage to veins. I have found that soaking the arm in hot water, windmilling, pushups or lifting a heavy object for a minute can help. SWIM recognises that missing a vein can lead to abscesses, nerve or arterial damage and lost hits. I have also found it neccesary to only use a tiny amount of citric acid (if I need more, I add more) as this seems to cause vein damage. SWIM also lets his shot cool down a bit before injecting. Hot water is painful!

14. donnie

donnie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    When I was crankin, someone did it for him as he had a broken neck which rendered his hands very weak.
    Anyway, I did 1.5g of crack & 1.5g of brown every day for about 4-5 months before thinking....what you doin man!!!
    By this time, I had gone fron being very "veiny" to having none showing at all (no groin, neck or penis). If I was to do it all again, I would change location each & every time to give them chance to repair. Most are back now as I only hammered them for 4-5 months.
    The final straw was when swim's so called mate missed in his foot. It swelled and got very red & hot. Swim's missed loads of times before but not like this.
    I went to hospital and then the cat was out the bag!
    My always promised one more Snowball (speedball) before he dies....what a feeling.

15. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I would reccommend the hand,this is where swim always shoots because of some damage to a few veins in his arm.Veins in the hand are relatively easy to find and next to the arm it is probably one of the safer places to inject.Never,ever iv in the leg!Alot can go wrong with this.

16. nancydrew

nancydrew Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has the same issues in terms of her veins not protruding. 15 minutes of squeezing a stress ball or something similar is very helpful. as are warm compresses as previously mentioned by another poster.

would try hands before feet as well. according to lots of harm reduction literature, if your arms are no good, the hand would be the next safest site.

when I used to be obese, nurses and anesthesiologist would rotinuely draw blood and start IVs in the hand if the crook of the arm was not working out.

17. coryt

coryt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    1. 4/5,
      Good link.
      Jun 28, 2007
  18. donnie

donnie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if you hit pinky coloured blood instead of the normal dark red, you may be in an artery and this is very dangerous.
    if you see the difference in colours, you'll know what i mean. artery blood really is a pinky colour compared to vein blood.

theres a saying.....

if pink, think! if red, go ahead!

digging an artery will hurt bad.....even injecting a couple of mls. and it can easily kill.

19. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  20. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You should be able to find a vein with your eyes closed. I'm not kidding, veins that can be tapped are veins you can feel. Due to refraction by the skin, a vein that appears large but can't be felt, is going to be smaller then one you can't see. Injecting into a small vein could lead to all sorts of awful problems. Veins feel like rubber tubes and have a bit of a bounce to them. Do not keep a tourniquet on for more then five minutes, if your arm starts to change colour, take it off for a few and try again. Make sure to take the tourniquet off before removing the needle to lessen bruising. Hitting an artery is pretty difficult and soemthing you should NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TRY! It takes a lot of work to stop a bleeding artery an even a pinprick can kill you. Under the influence of heroin you frankly don't stand a chance. Luckily arteries, like nerves are rather deep in folks under 80. Nerves, when you hit them it feels like electricity, pull out and don't tempt that area again. Hit a nerve and you can cause permanent damage, painful damage.

I've done over 300 blood draws in a clinical setting and a ton of them on my self, if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Love.
    Potter.

1. 4/5,
      Awesome advice; this member appreciates seeing this. ty for sharing
      Mar 13, 2013