Help.. From Pod, To Tea, To Smoke

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by LostInSpace, Jan 8, 2006.

1. LostInSpace

LostInSpace Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hi All,

Well, it's been awhile since I took a look in the forums here, in fact, I
    had a hard time finding them since they have been moved to a new
    location.

Anyway, I have been drinking tea for some time now, and it is
    getting to the point that his belly cannot handle the liquid anymore.

It has started causing bad heartburn and stomach pain, so I am looking
    for another alternative.

I did a search through the forums here, and I found a few posts on smoking
    O, and the like, but nothing really definitive on how to get to that point from
    pods.

I have access to Giganthemum Poppies, and he's wondering how to go
    about getting the opium out of them for eating or smoking.

Here's what he's come up with so far...

He will take his pods as he normally would, and create a tea like substance
    from them. He could actually drink it at this point if he wanted, but because
    he is looking to smoke the stuff, here's what he figures he will do...

Take the poppy tea (after it has been strained), and place the liquid into
    his wok. He will heat the stuff as so to create a steam from the substance,
    but not bring it to a boil.

He will let this simmer until he ends up with a dark brownish goo.

After this, he will turn off the heat, and let it set up so it can be eaten
    or smoked.

QUESTION: Does this process sound like it's headed in the right direction
    to accomplish what I want to?

Any input from experienced users on this subject would be greatly
    appreciated.

Peace,
    Lost

2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Scratch the pods, let them sit and have the white milky stuff seep out. Let them dry in the sun and when your done you have raw opium, there is a cooking process after this, im not sure how to do it. I dont think its "required" either, just to make it cleaner and easier to use.

Anyway i dont think making it to tea, then to something smokeable would be the best (or even a possible) approach.

3. LostInSpace

LostInSpace Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the reply, problem is, the pods I am working with are of
    the "dried" variety, so no way for him to do any "cutting"...

Peace,
    Lost

4. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    That does make it more difficult, I think if you powdered the pods in like a coffee grinder, you could use the same process people use to get freebase codeine out of t3's, the more complicated cold water extraction that after the CWE itself(and other more complicated chem), you get a freebase codeine powder, or whatever the opioid used was.

5. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    A CWE won't do anything for poppy tea. As for getting something to eat, you are definitely on the right track, just evap the tea down and let it dry. Don't let the heat get about 75-80 C and you should have a psychoactive goo.
    Smoking it is quite another story. There is alot of plant material and whatnot in the goo, so smoking it isn't a very effective way of injestion. Oral consumption would be the most effective injestion route. There are threads about smokable extract from poppy tea, but the actual effectiveness isn't gauranteed.

6. NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you are going to eat this "extract", you may want to consider that your stomach might not like that too much either. In fact, if the tea bothers you this "condensed" tea might be even worse. As for smoking it, all the info i've ever seen has pointed in the direction of the end results not being anywhere near worth the hassle. One thing you may want to look into is packing up some huge pill capsules with the powder. Problems: 1)It's a pain in the ass unless you've got one of those "pill packing" gadgets (i hear); 2)The capsules have to be pretty big; and 3)You have to eat a shitload of 'em (depending, of course, on your tolerance level and the strength of your product). This is just one of the MANY versions of injesting this vile crap, most of which you'll find described in detail somwhere in these forums. Every body is different, and maybe this version will do the trick for yours. You just have to keep trying different things until you find what works for you, i guess. Good luck!!

7. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    Depending on taste, and consistancy of your end product, you could possibly use it somewhat similar to chewing tobbacco. Exept mabey swallowing the saliva after it soaks for a bit, mabey because of how slow you would be injesting it would make it easier.

8. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    It seems it would be easyer just to eat kratom as its not illeagal and it does the same thing. I found Kratom was stronger than opium resin. Just hard to get it down you.

9. anabolictrio

anabolictrio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from italy
    grind dried poppy heads and leaves with a coffee grinder, put the powder into 1 gram gelly caps!
    you need about 10 of these caps... anyway be carefull :>

10. anabolictrio

anabolictrio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from italy
    ???

honestly it's unbelievable.... witch kind of Opium did you try?

11. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Have you tried good kratom? Was cheaper and better than the gram of opium resin that I tried. Its like a stimulant on a low dose and opium on a higher dose. You get the same nice itchy high anyway and I've tried many different opiates like morphine from the docs.

12. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    You could try making Laudanum look here for a recipie - http://www.poppies.org/news/97809844592476.shtml (though the guy didnt have much luck) You need to go through this process many times to strengthen the solution.
    I have tried this with not much luck as it takes so long and so many poppy heads its almost not worth the bother.
    Anyhow
    I dont know what sort of liquid youre getting when you make your tea (mine started off thin when I first tried tea but after some time and using different heads the liquid became very thick and really hard to stomach) but if yours is thin it can be re used with more heads, then reused again and again, finally evaporating away ALL the water over a few days to leave a sticky residue at the bottom of your bowl (or better still flattish container so a fan could help with evaporation). This isnt technically Opium in the truest sense but its about as close as you get with dried heads.
    Have you read "Opium for the Masses" ? This has some info on extraction but its not the definative guide by a long way and the author (Jim Hogshire) pushes the poppy tea method more than any other way.
    Ill dig out what other info I found when I wanted to do the same thing and post at a later date (but I never found an easier or faster way to ingest the opium from dried pods other than tea)

Tags: