HELP HELP quickly needed thanks! minor emergency!

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by themidnite1, Jul 18, 2006.

1. themidnite1

themidnite1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just crushed up 2 of the oxycontin generic 20 mgs. mixed with warm water, filtered thru cotton. clean, fresh works. got a great shot, I was sure the vein was there (blood on pullback). However, now I think they may have missed the vein partially, because I have a lump there now. No air bubbles or anything went in, and I feel fine. Been at least 10 mins now. So SWIM musta IM'd at least a good portion of the dose. will SWIM be ok? I have heard of "heroin blisters" forming this way. thanks to all for all info asap!

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    this was probably due to an accidental IM injection. from the source swim read, at the lycaeum, the blisters may be painful as the drug absorbs, but are not particularly dangerous. read up on the info posted at that link and see if thats what You believes happened. however swim must caution that he does not have much knowledge of shooting up, and so other more experienced people may be able to give You better advice...I dont want to say everything will be okay because he doesnt know that for a fact. if there is any doubt at all though as to swiy's condition please call an ambulance, itd be better to have to explain to them what happened than wind up in serious trouble. best of luck, swim hopes You is alright.

3. themidnite1

themidnite1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM thanks You for the time and the reply and

I think and hopes all is well now.
    would never hesitate to ER or 911 it. life is precious, even for a junkie :crazy
    who is NOT SWIM or you

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    excellent. tell You that I am glad that he/she is safe :cool:

5. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Hi, dont worry most has already been answered above. IMing Oxycontin although isnt very healthy on the odd occasion isnt life threatening in the doses your talking about.

When SWIF was first learning to inject he commonly injected into a vein but causes some minor internal bleeding which caused a lump but this went after a week or two. It could also be possible that the oxy was IMed but unlikely if you pulled back blood.

Either way it's no emergency :)

6. BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    And thats one of the reasons u shouldent whack

1. 2/5,
      this wasnt very helpful...at the least you could offer suggestions as to what to do next time
      Aug 8, 2006
    2. 3/5,
      Post didn't add anything or request anything, just sort of pointless
      Jul 21, 2006
  7. XO

XO Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You should keep a close eye on the spot over the next week or few...as with any "miss", an abscess or infection could form.
    In the case of an abscess, one would feel a hardening lump at the injection site where the body has formed a wall around the foreign substance and the built up dead cells and white blood cells, someone with a persisting abscess would want to visit a hospital in order to have the pus drained and the abscess sealed up.
    An infection(relatively unlikely, especially in the hypothetical case presented) would mean pain, swelling and/or discoloration and an immediate trip to the hospital.

take care

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
    1. 3/5,
      good advice that adds to the thread
      Jul 21, 2006
    2. 5/5,
      good advice
      Jul 21, 2006
  8. Imperfectcircle25

Imperfectcircle25 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have about 7 years expereince I/V'ing H and has had smilar expereinces on occasion when shooting up, it is more than likely nothing to worry about, I would think crushed OXy would be more clean and sterile than street dope so I would think and infection would be unlikely. The injection site may be sore for a few days and turn black and blue but most likely that will be it.

9. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.K.
    I was an H iv user for many years and has had many a miss, they will be ok as long as you dont start picking and squeezing the lump or you will end up like swim with holes in your body.