Help me construct the best smoking device

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by purplehaze, Mar 19, 2005.

1. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    OkI wantto make a gravity bong say about 3 liters and the next stepI would like to have the smoke transfered through a nice waterbong with icewater, please reply and helpswim construct this becauseI will take pics and post themswims made many bongs before butswims gonnahave to think this one out a lil becauseI want it to have no air wholes and hit like a pro black electric tape can take care of that.

Swim needs some insight on how to do this ive got an idea i will post after i read some suggestions.

I dont mind smoking from aluminum foil but i would like to use something different easier to take off the gb and stuff like that. Bowl wise.

I'm willing to go to walmart and the hardware store to get supplys.

I WONT order any glass parts or anything from the internet.

2. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    This will be something completly new sounding to me. I have a way to get your 3liter to hit like a pro. Most people take and cut the bottom of a bottle off right above the 5 little ridges on the bottom of the bottle. What you can do is just cut the little ridges off... take a bread knife, and put it on an angle, and cut down but dont cut the whole ridge off. This will serve to keep your GB standing up as if you cut the bottle off a lil above them. You can also use siccors to cut the bottoms off, but you want to try to just cut openings in them... i'll try to make a better illustration in paint in a little bit. But go to your local head shop and get a glass bowl piece, that has a wide stem, short, and nothing expensive, aim to spend no more then 10$. Take the cap of your 3 Liter, and drill a hole just big enough for the slide to go through, most of the time it is something like 3/8th's of an inch. I will check the bit i use. I use a paddle bit to make a perfectly round hole. If you can keep the blue thing in the cap because when you screw it down it will make a perfect seal. Put the bowl through it just far enough so it is steady, and take the blue tacky stuff that is used to hang pictures in lockers and such, make a seal around the slide. You can use some other stuff such as hot glue or clay, but i like the blue tacky stuff. Fill a bucket enough to come within 1-3" of the bottom of the slide... pack enough for 1 hit, and light and pull away. Perfectly Air tight, and nothing but smoke going through. again i will try to have a picture made in Paint for ya later tonight.

Muirner

3. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    See that's the main problem, i dont have a local headshop the nearest one to me is like 120 miles away which would be illusion's in birmingham alabama. I think it's in greensprings but anywho i dont got a lhs. But we do have alot of hardware store's.

4. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
  5. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

This kind of rules out the corn cob pipes... Ordering glass online isnt a big deal because the real intention of it is to smoke tobacco. Just order a cheap ass slide.

As for getting it to go out of the gravity bong and into the water pipe i dont know how good of an idea this is. I believe that your hit will go very very stale by the time u go to clear it.. here is my reasoning:
    -You know by doing gb's before if you pull the bottom of the bottle out of the bucket of water then your hit will become stale due to access to the air.
    -The way to get a great hit is to pull the bottle up as much as you can and then pull the top off, and hit the GB. there is no extra air other then that which you started with in the bottle (SWIM fills the bucket up so there is as little extra air as possible)
    -When you go to push the smoke into the water pipe, you will be pushing it into a chamber full of air and in my eyes making it stale as soon as it touches.. I'll draw a diagram and post it as soon as i get a chance.

Muirner

6. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    [​IMG]

Ok notice in the first picture i'm explaining how to set up the GB, with cutting the bottom off and making the bowl piece in the cap.
    Second picture shows it being lit, and pulled up.
    Third picture shows the only way i can possibly dream up this concoction that you want. I dont know how your going to stop the GB from sucking air/water from the bong, or how the bong is going to keep the water from flowing out. also it shows that the Water pipe is full of air, and that could stale your hit.

The only way that i can think of getting the smoke from the gb to the water pipe is by removing the slide (cap and all) and putting a new 3 liter cap on. pushing down and hoping for the best... i say you stick with the 3 liter because that will be a great gb hit.

NOTE: all information and pictures posted here are for information only, i do not condone nor do i advise that they be used for pot. Sorry but I get nervous. Sorry that i suck in paint. and if it is to big mod's feel free to take it down/resize it.

Muirner

7. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the infoI was kinda gonna go with putting the cap back on and puttinhis hand over the whole and using the pressure to get the smoke from one bong to the next filtering it by water ill draw diagram of what im thinking later. Thanks for the support and going into this with a open mind because thats what creativity is all about.

8. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Here is swims illistration. And swim wrote bad so nobody would know how his handwriting was. And also

NOTE: all information and pictures posted here are for information only, i do not condone nor do i advise that they be used for pot. Sorry that i suck in paint. and if it is to big mod's feel free to take it down/resize it. Swim also sucks really bad at paint. I have jasc software but paint was easier/quicker lol.[​IMG]

9. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey,I had a three liter gbong athis house exactly as the one you are planning on making.swim suggests you listen to Muirner about the glass slider becauseI used a metal bowl peice and you will need to replace the screen every few uses. The metal bowlpiece will also overheat too quickly and burn you when your packin it up. A third problem is unscrewing the cap for every hit. This does not seem like a big deal at first but it will lead to spilling weed and stale hits and over time you will resent your decision.

Tin foil is near useless, you will have to make a new tin screen after every use guaranteed...not to mention i heard there is links between smoking out of tinfoil and getting alzheimers?

and as far as the whole being new innovative and creative thing goes, has anyone ever thought of a gbong hookah? Idk could be cool.

10. Sway

Sway Newbie

Reputation Points:
    [​IMG]

Get a huge bottle, fill it with water, get a large downpipe and put a
    bowl on it, as you burn it, stab a large hole where the arrow is (the
    size of the hole takes a few times to get right). as the water drains
    it'll draw air from the downpipe, its best to put it in the bath while
    you do it, it drains a lot of water.

SWIM managed to burn 4 bowls into a 4 litre bottle (though there was
    room for more!), needless to say that him and his mate were totally
    fucked after smoking it! [​IMG]

The beauty of this method is that it still filters the smoke through water, unlike most bucket bongs.

Edited by: Sway

11. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When you all say "stale hit" do you mean it wont get you high anymore? I has never had this happen no matter what kind of crazy invention smoking device he has made.

12. Stingray_313

Stingray_313 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    A stale hit is when the smoke has sort of lingered around for a while.
    Usually, the taste is bad and is more harsh on the lungs then fresh
    smoke. The easiest way to prevent this is just take the hit right after
    you pull the smoke. As for the THC content, i believe it is still the
    same, although rumors have it that the THC gets stuck onto the sides of
    the bong/gb, therefor getting you less high. I dont really believe that
    though.

Also, if the smoke turns a sort of think yellow color, then it is
    probably stale... you can still hit it, just be prepared for the
    different feel/taste.

Peace.

13. Sway

Sway Newbie

Reputation Points:

Apparantly, because THC is so sticky, it starts to stick to itslef
    creating larger strains of THC particles, this is what makes it harsher
    on the throat, as for sticking to the sides, this is probably true too
    but considering the amount of bowls you can get into one 4l bottle,
    you're still going to be getting more stoned that usual.

Also, when we constructed our device, I smoked mine as soon as we had
    drained it and filled the chamber, it was more or less like your usual
    bong hit, my mate on the other hand let it sit for a while to cool it
    down (we knew no better at the time) and he found it very harsh on the
    throat to smoke and could only take small amounts at a time.

14. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    heres something ive always wanted to do, try this. You will need
    2 pop bottles or one pop bottle and a jar or something, a peice of
    rubber or plastic tube, foil, drill, one of those pumps you put on top
    of pop bottles to keep the fizz in (check a walmart) and some
    ice. Start out by making a gravity bong that I always use by
    taking the cap to a coke bottle and cutting the top off and put some
    foil in there as a bowl. Then near the bottom of the bottle,
    drill a hole with the same diameter as the tube you have. In the
    2nd bottle/jar, drill the same size hole and the same height as the 1st
    bottles hole. Connect the tube to the 2nd jar only (like with
    tape or glue or something to keep it there). Fill the bottom of
    the 2nd bottle with ice (not too much) Now you are ready to go.
    Let me explain how this will work so try to bare with me. Fill
    the 1st bottle completely with water (or mostly), plug the hole you
    drilled with your finger and put some weed in the bowl. Now let
    your finger off the hole while holding the flame to the weed until the
    water has drained out and then plug the hole with the tube (this is why
    rubber is better to prevent leaks). Unscrew with lid/bowl
    quickly on the 1st bottle and screw on the fizz pump. Now either
    put your mouth on the 2nd bottles lid or keep the cap on to fill the
    container. Keep pumping until the smoke is all in the 2nd
    container, then hit that shit. I know it sounds complicated, and
    ive never really tried it, but it sounds like it will work. If
    you are confuzed as hell by this ramble, somebody tell me how to post a
    picture i draw in word or something. Sorry if this is confuzing,
    i tried my best to explain.

15. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    Heres one that swim found years back and has only seen once(kind of a hybrid) since then. Its called "The Lung". All u need is your big ole plastic pop bottle, plastic bag(no holes of course), roll o' tape, and ur stash of course.

All u do is cut the bottom of the bottle off near the bottom, tape the bag air tight around the bottom of the now cut bottle, and finally cut a hole in the cap. The size of the hole depends on how big u roll your doobs cuz the doob has to fit snug in the cap. U could also rig a bowl to the cap for use with hash or whatever substance for that matter.

So just push the bag inside the bottle, insert your doobie in the cap and screw it on. Take a few tokes off the doob to get it going before u put er on the cap, it works better if u do this. Finally, start pulling the bag SLOWly from within the bottle. The Lung starts to fill with wicked dense smoke.

Take the cap off and inhale. For the hardcare iron lungs out there get a friend to punch the bag back into the lung with your lips on the cap!!!!! It was the biggest, harshest, craziest toke Swim ever did!

cheers

16. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I wrote in this every day before i went to jail, and even the day before i got taken, i have to reply.

Smoke becomes stale when it touches the air, you know if you half clear a bong and you go back for the second half it tastes like ass and it burns? That is stale smoke to the finest. Also with a gravity bong it happens when you let the bottom of the bottle out of the water. I only worried about it with this piece because the bong was full of air
    Your point about the stale hit was right on, it is best to hit the device right after pulling the smoke. As for THC getting stuck on the walls, i believe it, because if you smoke one bottlefor a while, you will see a sticky brown buildup on the sides.. very wierd... as forgettingless high, dont know if i believe that.

Korky- You post a picutre by the picture of a tree with an up arrow to upload it off your hard drive. Make it in paint or what ever but save it as a jpg or something so it's small.

Motorhead yea that sounds like it'd work but i'm not a hugh fan of it, because your getting the paper in there too, true uget it when you hitit, but that'souch sounding. Sounds like a drygb though.

The only problem that i've had/knowticed is that tin foil whenit gets hot has a tendency to melt to the plastic, this leads to a hard time getting it off. Solution is to use a glass bowl, it is easier, and gives much MUCH better hits.

Sway- i dont see how that would work,if you have a glass piecedrilled into a cap like i said and it gets into the water, it wont cherry, or even light until it's in the air. The reason behind this is because the water being pulled out of the bottle by being pulled out of the watermakes there be a void that has to be filled by something. Now if the only way to come inisthrough the bowl then come hell or highwater itwill go in bringing indense smoke as long as it's lit. This is why bringing a GB up through water is prefered by me because if my liter goes out i can stop and restart right there, and not worry i'm not gonna get an exelent hit.

Muirner

17. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    [​IMG]

ok buy a copper valve from a local hardware store and use that to keep
    from sucking up the other water as you pull the hit into grav bong(seal
    the tubes in with hot glue?) then have that line go into like a mini
    bong...

thats all i can come up with right now... im high and have been drinking...

... p.s. - im gonna steal the idea i just gave you

Edited by: antigenesis

18. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Let us know how this goes, shit sounds like it's going to be quite an adventure to make. Just note that if u r going to do this then take another of the same bottle and take the cap off of it. Do this because you need to have an airtight seal on the top when u push down to get it to go through the straw to the bong.

Muirner

19. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Or you could just take the bowl out and plug that shit with your thumb...

20. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yea but if you do that you will have to do it one of two ways. First remember that you should make the whole in the cap just big enough for the bowl and also it should be airtight and this might include putting a little putty around the bowl, i use the sticky tack stuff for lockers. But your two options you would have with taking the bowl out would be:
    -Take the bowl out of the cap and leave the cap on leaving just a little hole. this would be easiest to put your thumb over. But also you have to reseal the bowl every time, pretty pain in the ass.
    -Unscrew the cap and put your thumb in there. Well i see two problems with this. First there is the fact that if after you unscrew the cap you let air into the gb through the top and then plug it you have a shot of stale smoke comming. Remember that stale smoke is caused when air touches the hit. Second would be that smoke would escape around your thumb, you might be able to make a tight seal but i dont think as well as a cap.

Also when your pushing the weed from the gravity bong to the bong you will have an issue of air being in there and it staling, and it wont fill up as dark (or so i think)

Muirner