HELP! Mescaline n00b questions :P

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by Roboduck, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Roboduck

Roboduck Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok, me and some guys I know took mescaline and it was fun. Now the dealer is in jail and we're thinking of buying a San Pedro cactus and we have a few questions.

1. Do all species of San Pedro contain enough mescaline to utilize? If not, what are the best species to get?

2. Is there an advantage to extracting the mescaline chemically as opposed to straight eating the cactus?

3. Is San Pedro available in most nurseries? We live in Washington state, so if you know a place nearby, that would be cool.

4. I hear 90% of street mescaline is actually PHP or LSD. The stuff we took before was a white powder that came in capsules that we sniffed, and it affected us within minutes, was it mescaline?

5. How hard is it to die from taking mescaline? (I guess I mean how hard is it to overdose, or are there any other chemicals in the cactus that will kill us?)

6. How hard is it to f**k up the extraction procedure and die from accidental chemical remnants or something?

7. Should we havejust one of our friends"test" the cactus or mescaline before we all try it?

8. How bad is mescaline, physically, for the brain? Will doing it 100 times in my lifetime lower my IQ alot?

Thank you very much to anybody that responds to this.

2. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Cocains pretty expensive, but alot of street sellers sell dxm, in powder form as other drugs, it looks jsut like cocaine coulda been that too. Seems more likely seeing DXM is pretty damn cheap and poeple like to make money =) How much did you pay for it?

3. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    OH yea almost forgot another reason it was probally DXM is most of the people who try it dont like its effects, and LSD isnt found in powder unless they would take a powder and drop some onto it which i find highly unlikely, PHP i know nothing about but if it was cocain........ you woulda loved it =P

4. Roboduck

Roboduck Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No, I know for sure it wasn't coke, which I've done before and this was nothing like. It had to have been some hallucinogen because i wastripping a ton and getting crazy visuals, I liked it whatever it was. It cost $25 a capsule.

When I ask what the best cactus is, I mean if I ordered one online, what type should I get if there is a choice. Basically, I just want to be able to eat the cactus and get pretty tripped out by out. I suppose the more potent, the better it would be since I would have more cactus left over.

Thanks for replying.

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    1. San Pedro is just one species named Trichocereus pachanoi. There are various Trichocereus species which contain mescaline, but I would stick to Trichocereus peruvianus or Trichocereus peruvianus. There are over 4.000 different Trichocereus species.

2. The taste. It's very bitter.

3. Some nurseries do have them, but sell them labelled as 'various cacti'. So you really need to know what they look like.

4. No.

5. You would have a tough job, if you would try to kill yourself with San Pedro.

6. An extraction is fairly simple, but as I am not a chemist I am not going into this. Anyone else?

7. I cannot answer that question. Mescaline is illegal.

8. Studies have shown no long term side effects from mescaline. Not even with native americans, which used peyote for thousands of years.