Injecting - Help please, iv gone wrong?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Abyssed77, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:48 AM.

1. Abyssed77

Abyssed77 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from Usa
    Ill start by saying im fairly new to IVing. Im a long time opiate/heroin user though.

Ok so just a while ago I did a shot of black tar heroin, used some cotton as a filter. This was about 30 mins ago.

After finally hitting a vein and injecting, about 10-15 mins later, I looked down at the crook of my arm and noticed a big puffy circle where I injected at. The puffy circle is surrounded by lots of redness. Ive yet to see this out of my 20 or so IVs ive done and is starting to concern me.

I will attach a picture as soon as I can.

If someone could help me figure out whats going on I would really, REALLY appreciate it. I am trying to avoid going to the Dr/ER at all costs, unless absolutely necessary.

Attached Files:

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    118 y/o from The Netherlands
    It seems infected. This likely will spread and become worse and worse unless you get treatment.
    The cost may very well be your arm. Take a look at it and imagine what it would be to have it cut off. If you do not act now then this experience may very well be upon you in the near future. Hundreds of people have posted something similar to this. Fortunately most listened. A few did not and suffered the consequences.

I hope you will take advice and head to get medical treatment right away.

If you want anonymous medical advice first then you can talk to a doctor through the widget below. Just tell them your problem and they will connect you to a specialized doctor through video connection.

3. Abyssed77

Abyssed77 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from Usa
    You really think its infected? I didnt think that was the case in this scenario. But if it is I will go get help. I just would hate to have this on my record.

Can anyone else confirm? Like I said this happened just about an hour ago. I didnt think an infection could occur so fast?

Also if this is an infection, if I waited 2 hours before going to ERwould that be ok?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 15, 2019 at 2:16 AM ---
    Also is there a way to treat this myself?

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    118 y/o from The Netherlands
  5. jazzyj9

jazzyj9 Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't think going in and having it looked at would hurt you. It might be early cellulitis or an early abscess. I'm not a physician though so it would be better if you saw a medical provider to check it out. It's better to nip infection in the bud before it becomes sepsis.

6. Abyssed77

Abyssed77 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from Usa
    Thank you for your input.

I agree with the abscess part. I believe thats what is occurring. I will wait until morning and if it looks any worse I will go to the Dr.

I put an ice pack on for about 15-20 mins and it does look much better.

7. RosieQ

RosieQ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from United States
    Looks like you missed.... it might go away on its own or it could possibly turn into cellulitis. It can go one way or the other.... i was an experienced iv heroin user for about 7 years and that has happened to me when i first started injecting it. I never got it checked out and it always wound up going away on its own but i don’t recommend that to anyone. It was my own carelessness at the time due to me being in a dark place in my addiction and i could care less if i stopped dead at that very moment. Thank god have almost 2 years without heroin but i can’t say i don’t dabble with other things... but anyway you missed the vein and it could possibly lead to bigger health issues if not taken care of. Hope you feel better soon.

8. Transmogrify

Transmogrify Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Australia
    The yellowing is really concerning. Please go and get this checked out.

Sure it might be embarrassing but it's far better than losing your arm... or worse.

9. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Imperial Wizzard Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany, Federal Republic of
    That is not a case of belief.
    You either have an infection or you don't. A doctor would tell you. That's what they do, diagnosing and treating people.
    So now you don't only diagnose yourself but you also know what to do, suddenly?
    I'll tell you what -
    You may or may not return to read what we wrote - You may or may not be right with that you have an infection.
    But you don't even have the remotest idea of a clue how to treat respectively not treat a probably infected tissue, that you simply put ice on it is the best proof.
    There is a reason that inflammed tissue gets a higher temperature - it is to kill bacteria.

I can only hope for you that your tissue hasn't been infected in the first place, otherwise you'll have much fun with a delayed infection/abscess.
    </sarcasm>

I can't understand you guys and your insensible fear of going to the doctor. My arm should be worth a few dollars.
    Such reaction is simply moronic to say the least.

BBW