1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

help required with GBL withdrawal

Discussion in 'GHB addiction' started by MIstE, Apr 13, 2009.

1. MIstE

MIstE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male
    swim says hi...swim tried to kill himself thursday morning . Things are really that BAD. It all started from when swim first fell into the 247 trap - swim knows this was stupid ( swim has been about 3 weeks ago.) I tried to tapper off it but just couldnt do . swim lost his job on thursday cause swim couldnt face anyone.
    swim then came home took 32 paracetamol and 8 mil and had 10 hours sleep . SWIM coulndnt believe he is alive. swim has been to hell and these last few days but all of a sudden feels a lot better(swim has not had any since 5 am which is 16 hours ago) swim has lost his voice too.
    Please help swim as he is at wits end , oh and he aint eaten for 4 4 days
    swim would be very grateful for any help

2. runitsthepolice

runitsthepolice Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Re: help required

Hi, welcome to the forums. Let me refer you to this thread which details others experiences with withdrawls from ghb and gbl. Swim has been in swiys shoes before, but not as bad. Trust swim though, things will get better. Don't do anything that swiy will regret.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63363

Read this thread and please don't hesitate to reply if swiy has any specific questions.

EDIT: Also can I ask what swiy's last weeks dosing schedule has been like? Does swiy have access to any benzodiazepines?

One last thing, don't threaten suicide here. You could get banned. With the information on this forum swiy'll be just fine in a week tops.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    Re: help required

I am glad that you feel better. If you may feel suicidal or depressed again, then please review these links:

Helpful Links About Depression

Suicide Awareness

Self injury

Forums

I think that you see that the way forward is to abstain from GHB completely. I hope that drugs-forum can support you in this.

4. MIstE

MIstE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male
    Re: help required after suicide attempt

swim wasnt very in-depth about his first post. swim started doing gbl about 6 months ago but was very put off with its taste and the (how can this be legal)
    but swim got hooked a bit in Janurary with a nice new job he had for swimsself which required very confident person. Stupidly swim got into the 247 dosing gbl which swim knew was wrong...this was three weeks ago.
    s
    ince then swim has tried ever so hard to go longer between taking gbl..swim only knows mils and tended to to do 2.5 first thing and hits of 1.5 throught the day 2 for bed seemed to get him four hours sleep and and 1.5 forthe the next 3 and little.

swim has had to try to fight this for the last 2 weeks but the anxiety was so severe.

Thursday ; swim had swims 2.5 but didnt feel the confidence required to go in. swim just went home suicide was his only thought(daft now swim knows) this is one evil substance

SWIM used 32 Paracetomol. and SWIM TOOK 8 MILL GBL sure it would get 'the job done' . SWIM did this at 10 thursday morning and woke up at 1120 later that night . swim is now sensible and wants to beat this nasty drug .

Over the next few days SWIM kept taking silly ammounts of gbl (about 4 mil) just to sleep .He then seemed to be getting less sleep than normal. today swim was fine and actually left the house and drove. swim feels bit shakey at the min though and still cant sleep swim has not slept for hours at this point

Swim hasnt had a hit in 16 hours 2mil this morning and swim has just decided to go cold turkey but this is what swim dosent get how long will this take ... swim is at total confusion does swim just stay awake??. swim is not the most intelligent person swim read the links that where sent to him and swim found the gbl one confusing

Where does swim go from here

swim is gratefull for any help recieve good people.

5. SullyGuy

SullyGuy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada

I would advise you to seek help immediately, I've been there (the suicide bit, not the gbl /ghb)

3 days in the hospital was the best thing SWIM did for himself in a long time... I'm pullin for ya!

6. runitsthepolice

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Swiy has a few options. The simplest is to cease consumption of gbl, and wait. Swiy will be miserable but things will get back to normal in 5-7 days. There is also the option of obtaining benzodiazepines, either through a doctor or illegally. This will help the withdrawls immensely but they have their own potential for addiction. Swiy should use the lowest dose that calms them down. They will also allow sleep. Examples of benzodiazepines, in case swiy is not familiar with the drug, are clonazepam and diazepam. There is a bunch more, and they are covered extensively in a separate forum.

Also during withdrawals, in swims experience, it is okay to take a small dose of gbl to get 2-3 hours sleep once a night while detoxing.

7. MIstE

MIstE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male

so swim is saying that swim would be ok in five - seven days? totally ok? swim will try to take a small dose but how smalls small.. Swim had 1 mil an hour ago which has had zero effect.

8. solanaceous-herb

solanaceous-herb

Reputation Points:
    Male
    AW: help required after suicide attempt

Detoxicattion means detoxication and not adding some more drugs into swiyour body! Even if it's a "small" amount, swiy shouldn't do it because swiyour body (liver) needs time to detox swiyour body of the drugs. It doesn't make an sense when swiyour body is trying to get sober and swiy are still consuming drugs. Under this condition swiy will feel for the moment better but after 7 days swiy is still not through the withdrawls cause swiyour body is still busy with his detoxication!

Take care and hang in there,man! Swiy has power!

9. MIstE

MIstE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male

how would swim obtain benzodiazepines illegally ? or is swim breaking rules by asking?

10. solanaceous-herb

solanaceous-herb

Reputation Points:
    Male
    AW: Re: help required after suicide attempt

well in swim's opinion a detoxication should be (almost) always a detoxication and not switching (gbl) from one addiction to the other (benzodiazepines).
    But due to swiyour condition/situation (suicide attemp) swim would also suggest to take something which is making you a bit relaxed. But this is only a solution for the moment; being relaxed by benzos should not be a long-term solution! Swim would kindly ask swiy to take these benzos under survey of a doctor because there are many kinds of different benzos and each of them are specialiesed for other medical condition. The doctor will tell swiy also how many you should swallow bcause swiy doesn't want to get addicted, right? Going from one bad situation to another one is not that what swiy wants and not that what swiy is wishing for his life, right?!

Please, see a doctor and take those medicine by prescription, not illegal!

11. MIstE

MIstE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male

swim dont have a doctor at the minute. How long can swim safely go without sleep?

MIstE added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

swim is so thankful of your help!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  12. runitsthepolice

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

yes it would be breaking the rules.

Lets make this simple. If swiy puts no gbl into their mouth for one whole week the symptoms will subside and swiy will be back to normal. This is a promise from swim who has been through the same thing as swiy. This week will suck. But it will end. Swiy will feel normal again rest assured. No more gbl starting now.

Body will readjust and fall asleep before swiy dies of sleep deprivation. Just stay off the gbl.

@solanaceous: Gbl has a short half life. GHB is prescribed to narcoleptics for two 4.5g doses, every night. It does not produce withdrawal symptoms if used in this manner. This isn't a heroin detox. What you're saying isnt exactly applicable here. I'll agree that in order to help our friend we're going to make this a lot simpler and say no more gbl period as it seems like the most straightforward detox method.

13. solanaceous-herb

solanaceous-herb

Reputation Points:
    Male
    AW: Re: help required after suicide attempt

Believe swim, swiyour body can make it along time without sleeping and some day when swiyour body is really exhausted then swiy ill fall asleep! Till then (till tomorrow when swiy is seing a doctor;)) try to make swiyourself comfortable as much as swiy can! Do swiy has a good friend? Maybe swiy can give him a call and talk about how swiy is feeling at the moment. There is NO WRONG TIME to call a good friend!

And tomorrow swiy will see a doctor, right? :thumbsup: And if swiy is afraid telling the doctor the truth because swim thinks that the doctor will kepp him in hospital....well, swiy doesn't have to tell the doctor that he just tried to permit suicide! Just tell him that swiy is really in a bad mood and condition and is feeling kind of suicide but is searching for help cause he still wants to go on with his life and doesn't attemp suicde.

14. MIstE

MIstE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male

i'm gonna go for it runitsthepolice no gbl 7 nights and 7 days u sure swim won?

MIstE added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

t just death from sleep depreiviation

MIstE added 84 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

meant to put swim is going to go for it and just go 24 7 as of now!!! wish me luck

15. shogun875

shogun875 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o Male from U.S.A.

SWIM wouldent worry about not sleeping, thinks your body will fall asleep from exhaustion before a point is reached where lack of sleep has permanent effects. SWIY will be pretty loopy after a couple days without sleep though!!

good luck, we're rooting for you!

16. MIstE

MIstE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male

swim meant to say 'WISH SWIM LUCK!!! and you never noticed hahahaha

MIstE added 281 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

swim has gone about 35 hours now and feels very strange swim feels that if some one saw him like this they think swim was a phychpath.

17. MrG

MrG Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth

I would like to suggest at this point that getting some quality sleep is the most important factor in recovery.

SWIY should try some Melatonin, which can be bought in Health Food shops in the UK as it is not currently licensed as an OTC Pharmaceutical.

Taking it just before bed should allow SWIY's bodyclock to invoke proper sleep.

Do not go without decent sleep for any length of time, doing so can induce extremely schizophrenic paranoia type symptoms.

One more thing, it has been reported that having a few beers can relieve many of the symptoms of GBL withdrawal. This should only be done when NO MORE G is being consumed and certainly within sensible amounts. My theory is that the alcohol allows the GHB receptor to fully normalise whilst still "calming" the Dopaminergic and GABAergic systems.

18. runitsthepolice

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Swim says that MrG is right about beers helping. Swim drank 4-5 beers on day 3 of his withdrawals and found he was able to go out and interact with people normally, and have fun doing so. That night swim finished the 18 pack, (13-14 more beers) and was able to pass out for 2-3 hours. Too good to be true? Yup. Swim woke up with a horrible hangover in addition to the g withdrawals. Swim does not advise emulating his behavior.

Melatonin is good, as well as an antihistamine (diphenhydramine, 25mgs) for getting some sleep, although he couldn't until day 5. Once swiy can go to sleep for 8 hours naturally they should know they've made it.

19. MIstE

MIstE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male

swim said swim tried this yesterday and felt like a nutter and that was just day 2! . Swiy needs big help here.

MIstE added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Swim will try the melaton swim says thank you Mr g

MIstE added 164 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

swim has to wait for the shop to open which is 11 hours away. swim doesnt know if he has the state of mind now hes had more hits but 4 mil doesnt even effect him one bit

MIstE added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

swim feels nervous at stepping out the house

MIstE added 2 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

this is scaring the hell out swim

MIstE added 264 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

did i mention yesterday id had more yesterday to knock myself out and managed 4 hours sleep am i now reset? do I start back at 5-7 if i cant get the tablets

MIstE added 243 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

is this melatonin gonna save from ending up in some mental home . I need to know this. I didnt mean to get addicted to gbl. I was an idiot i enjoyed it so much, there was no knowledge on the stuff from where I live . my friends take it but only in very small doses i ended up addicted to .. very fast. please just me know about the melatonin? i dont think one item u can buy from a shop would save me to be honest

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  20. MrG

MrG Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth

Although SWIY may be feeling acute anxiety, he should take comfort in the fact that it will pass. Panic-attacks and free-floating anxiety are very commonly reported in GBL withdrawal and, whilst SWIY may be feeling that he is going to go mad, it is unlikely as long as he remains calm and accepts that the fears are just a symptom of the process.

Panic-attacks are awful, what with fearing you're going to die one minute and then fearing that you're not, the next, it is not a very nice place to be.

But these feelings are very typical of a number of conditions, GBL withdrawal being one of them.