Help with sideburning joints =[

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Rogue, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Rogue

Rogue Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's been smoking MJ for about a year and only recently has he noticed that about one in three of his joints sideburn quite badly, resulting in wastage.

I don't notice that he's rolling differently, so anyone have any ideas what the problem is or preferably have any ideas how to stop it from happening in the future?

2. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Put some saliva on your finger and then make the side with the run wet. This is new to you? [​IMG]

3. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Are you rolling a loose joint?

What I do is either have enough weed to fill the paper to the max and just have enough for the glue to stick to the edge of the bottom side...or get smaller papers to where it will....practice is the key though...takes time...it took awhile before I could roll a good doobie....it's an art really....

And for those of you that use a bill to tighten your shit up...Stop...it makes it run for the hills quicker than anything.....if you can't get it right the first time, do it over....

4. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    This sideburning effect is also called canoeing. I think thats to many vowels lol. Anyway, creeping deaths method is correct and u can also 'bless' your doob before hand by putting it in your mouth and pulling it out through your pursed lips making sure it is damp all around.

cheers

5. Rogue

Rogue Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The joints are fine on the tightness front, but I will remember the saliva thing for the future. Thanks.

6. DrugPhreak

DrugPhreak Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    75 y/o from iceland
    It's hard to roll aJ as good as acancer stick. I've only known a few people that can do it, but if you get that good your J's won't run at all. I'm not that goodat rolling so I use Joker 1 1/2. It's hard to roll a bad one with those. I would just roll an L though.

7. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I used to find that I had that problem when I was rolling with hash, it was because I had just burned the brown on top of the tobacco and then rolled up without giving the joint a roll in my palms or shaking it up a bit (hold it at theempty end and shake)and the hash would just burn up one side faster than the tobacco side. This sometimes happened with skunk as well but not as much.

*AfroH*

8. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Catch that run man. Spittin on ur finger is always the easiest way to fix this, everybody's j/blunt will run every once in a while.

9. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
  10. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Thats just gross...it's why I don't smoke blunts....I can't stand to watched someone else goob all over the blunt and doobie and expect me to smoke that shit....maybe it's just me

11. DrugPhreak

DrugPhreak Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    75 y/o from iceland
    LOL! [​IMG]Yeah, when I see someone do that it makes me want to puke! [​IMG]One time I was with a personthat had rolled a severely mangled and impregnatedblunt. Then they attempted to make it look proper by covering it in copious amounts oftheir saliva. I just got up and left. [​IMG] Edited by: DrugPhreak

12. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There's always way's around something like that, for instance my friend
    always "(*nigger lip's) anything when he smoke's, even a cig, when i
    smoke after him i always put my fingers right at the end of the blunt
    and put my lip's on my finger's and hit it like that.

* NO OFFENCE TO NIGGER'S[​IMG]

naw that was a my lil joke, but everybody call's it that when someone slobber's all over a j/blunt.

13. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Just light up the canoe part, blow it out and sniff the smoke.

14. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    haha download how to roll a blunt redman

"id hit it if it stopped drippin with saliva"

also ive found that puffing it like a blunt will cause the run to even out and fix itself.

15. PureGlass

PureGlass Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you LIGHT, not roll, the joint right (although rolling method is obviously
    important), it shouldn't canoe. If it still does, I just tip it upside down
    (burning side facing floor), and light the end this way. If you do this
    right, only the paper on the side that's messin' up should burn, evening
    the sides out and fixing your problem...just blow it out after it lights up,
    and you're good... [​IMG]

16. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

- I would take offence to that if anyonesaid that to me, in the UK (North East)we call it duckie-ing (duckeed) the joint. Frankly im appalled that someone who smokes weed (usually an open minded person) would use a racist comment todescribe anything.......unless your racist[​IMG]

*AfroH*Edited by: afroh

17. Undergradu8

Undergradu8 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Tip One.. MIX your hash/green with the tobacco first, this makes sure its evenly distributed and helps to stop it canoeing/sideburning

tip two. when you've rolled the J, find a hard surface, like a table, or work surface and holding the J lightly between your thumb and first two fingers, tap it on the surface for a while,

extra tip,make more mix than you think you'l;l need for the J, once youve tapped it, scoop some more mix into the end of teh J giving you a bigger J and more time before you need to roll another!

18. freddy

freddy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    cleaning the weed is key must be uniform leave the ends with more roll twist and ring lick bigger is easyier just buy and ounce and rool the hole thing by time your done youll realize the correct procede throw stems seeds away only smoke calics? sp use zigzag orange papers the burn slow thats key also any other paper is a wasit of weed tried them all slow burners are the only good ones

19. kj_hash420

kj_hash420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    i usually don't smoke joints unless i roll them, becuz i have seen too many people who stick the entire joints in the mouths and suck on it just to make it stick, and i hate smoking with people who take a couple tokes and when they pass it to u, and there is saliva dripping off of it, that shit makes me want to puke

but if u need help rolling joints, just order a rolling machine off of a website, usually u can get them pretty cheap

20. Diphenhydramine

Diphenhydramine Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Soaking a blunt in a little saliva isn't that big a deal, at least with
    me, because I run a lighter all over it to dry it, before I start to
    smoke. That way it gets super hard and toasted on the outside,
    and is disinfected.

Anyone ever smoke a weed cigar? I've always wanted to, but I
    don't grow and am not super rich, so I got no access to the supplies to
    make one or buy one.