Drug info - Heroin basic questions

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by TrippyHippy, Feb 24, 2004.

1. TrippyHippy

TrippyHippy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I always thought I would never even want to touch heroine, but after me and a friend saw another mate of ours completely wasted on heroine, we decided that we wanted to do it ourselves, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following questions:

1. What does it feel like?

2. What are the bad affects?

3. How easily will I get hooked?

4. How much does one person need?

5. How much does it cost?

6. Is it worth it?

Thanks, Nat x

1. 4/5,
      Good list of questions to ask
      Sep 11, 2010
  2. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    It takes vert little for dose. Common forms are powder and tar.

A hit will run you about $(Prices removed) USD. Price vary and may differ in your area.

Side affects are different from person to person and can include nausea, itching, constipation, and urinary dysfunction.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  3. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, a hit will run you $(Price removed) to $(price removed) a hit, that's your first hit. But when you start doing multiple hits a day, your looking at hundreds of dollars a day. How easily you can get hooked will depend on you. Some people it takes the first hit, some a few more. The euphoria you feel will be greatly outweighed by the time you spend looking for ways to get the money for your next fix. You say to yourself, I'm only going to snort it, or smoke it, but eventually you'll start shooting it in your veins. Not only that but you have all the diseases like, HIV, hepatitus, etc., to think about. Your life won't be your own once you start. It will belong to heroin.

Now tell me,doYOU think it will beworth it.

BA

4. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    brokenarrow do you work for nida? there's people who use heroin for years, decades even without EVER being dependent on it or injecting it. Heroin makes you feel really nice, a dreamy complacent kinda high, it can also make you puke, but ya don't really mind at the time hehe. it's pretty damn cheap especcially if you know people. It's pretty easy to get hooked but it's damn sure not automatic. what arrow presents is a rhetorical worst case scenario.

5. HellsEmbrace

HellsEmbrace Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My brother got addicted to heroin and stole from me and my family by breaking into our house at night and stealing checks/cash from us so he could shoot up.

Those scenarios are commonplace. Hell, if you want euphoria, smoke some weed or something. It's much cheaper, and much less dangerous.

My brother's dead now by the way. Got ahold of some bad shit, shot up once, and just died.

6. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    LOL Trippy Hippy,

I think those posts have answered all of your questions.

I feel the same way you do and am considering some horse, myself. I just have to find the time.

7. str8ballin

str8ballin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's also on my to-do list.Just out of the curiousity that I have with drugs.Told myself I'd try anything once and a second time if I liked it.Around here I've heard of people getting packs or hits for (Price removed)bucks.So that sounds alot cheaper than what everybody else is makin it out to be.Sounds alot affordable than cocaine thats for sure!

Hell my friend was telling me some stories from when he was in rehab.People were shootin up in there.He watched this one dude he hung out with shoot up and the guy said it was the best feeling in the world and that his dick was getting hard.My friend wanted to buy one of the packs off of him tocheck it out and the guy said it was so good he wouldnt sell it for (Price removed) bucks.And he only paid (price removed).

8. Hollywood

Hollywood Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o from U.S.A.
    I say don't do it. It's the worst thing you can do. When you get on that horse, it's going to be a nasty ride. Please don't do it..................................

9. TrippyHippy

TrippyHippy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well my philosophy on life is try anything twice. That way you know for sure you didn't get the wrong impression the first time.

Nat x

10. a_m3

a_m3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Have you also tried stealing from your family, being hooked up to machines to live? Maybe lying to your work, family, friends.

From my experience of watching my mother slip in and out of consciousness fighting her battle with heroin isn't worth it.

If my post pisses anyone off, I'm sorry but I am so angry! Why downplay something that can seriously take everything that you have away from you day by day. I don't work for nida, which tends to be the response to people who try to care about your well being. I am simply a daughter who is watching her mother struggle to stay alive. All of this started with her "just wanting to try it"... now an empty bank account, a broken family, almost no friends, and being hooked to life support is where she is now after only 10 short months. Sound exciting, enticing, romantic or just f*cking stupid? It is your life, live it for yourself not heroine.

1. 4/5,
      Great nsight into the life of an addict from one who is directly affected. Be aware searing may insight others to arch up in response.
      Jun 1, 2015
  11. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Although I agree that heroine can literally ruin lives, I don't think that this is necessarily always the case, I know people who use heroine once in a while and have for years; but once you get into the drug game, you have everything to gain and everything to lose...

12. AngelEyes

AngelEyes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Good post a_m3 and the others who sadi not to use it , about time someone said just how stupid it is, yes some people may use it for ages and not become addicted but eventually they will.

It is definately not worth it and all I can say is if you try it then your life won't be yours anymore.

My whole damn teen years were ruined by the stuff and I'm only just adapting to life without it. Now I have so much to look forward to and have discovered things about myself I never knew.

And as HellsEmbrace pointed out, it only takes one shot of bad stuff and that's it, do you really want to take that risk? that's what you have to ask yourself.

13. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    On another note, speaking from personal experience, I have only used heroine a few times, but found it almost the opposite of addicting; I was very dissapointed, and only tried it again the other times because I thought I could somehow still achieve the effects I keep hearing about... from now on my hard earned money will be going to Ethanol, CocaineHCL,THC, or MDMA instead.

14. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    heroin never ruined anyone's life, it's not vindictive, it's a chemical. People who are WEAK mentally ruin their own lives with the substance. Don't blame heroin, blame your mother, it's her own damn fault and she should stop copping out and blaming scag.

1. 2/5,
      Preposterous assumption made here about only those who are mentally weak becoming addicted.
      Jun 28, 2013
  15. AngelEyes

AngelEyes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    *sigh*

Heroin is an addictve chemical, no it's not vindictive but once you get addicted it is nearly inpossible to stop. Even very strong people can become addicted to the stuff so no it's not only the weak.

Please do some reserch before you post again because you don't have a damn clue what your talking about.

16. a_m3

a_m3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    <blockquote> Originally posted by kitchkinet on 03 March 2004<hr>
    heroin never ruined anyone's life, it's not vindictive, it's a chemical.  People who are WEAK mentally ruin their own lives with the substance.  Don't blame heroin, blame your mother, it's her own damn fault and she should stop copping out and blaming scag.

<hr></blockquote>

I cannot believe the calousness and pure ingnorance of your post.

You know it is people like you, kitchkinet, that "help" people destroy their lives. I am so incredibly dumbfounded by your lack of any common sense. Here is just a few things written about heroin:

"Heroin enters the brain quickly. It slows down the way you think, slows down reaction time, and slows down memory.

Heroin affects your body. Heroin poses special problems for thosewho inject it because of the risks of HIV, hepatitis B and C, and otherdiseases that can occur from sharing needles. These health problems can be passed on to sexual partners and newborns.

Heroin is super-addictive. Heroin is highly addictive because itenters the brain so rapidly. It particularly affects those regions of thebrain responsible for producing physical dependence.

Heroin is not what it may seem. Despite the glamorization of"heroin chic" in films, fashion, and music, heroin use can have tragicconsequences that extend far beyond its users. Fetal effects, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, violence, and crime are all linked to its use.

Heroin can kill you Heroin is one of the top three frequentlyreported drugs by medical examiners in drug abuse deaths."

Of course most people know these things because they themselves have been through it or love someone who has been through it. By the way MY MOTHER isn't able to "blame" anyone or anything because she is still slipping in and out of consciousness. I can tell you that when she stopped drinking 10 years ago she didn't almost die from it. I can also tell you that if she decided to open another bottle again she couldn't stand the chance of dieing from the first sip like she could if she ever decided to use heroin again.

You seem very content in giving information to people who haven't used this drug before on the wonderful aspects of it. I am here to tell them the worst case scenerio. If this drug wasn't an addictive drug forums like this one would not exsist.

You have the right to your opinion, as much as I have the right to mine. At least I can say with a clear conscience that I have done hundreds of hours of research on the topic that back up my ideas.

17. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    f**king cop out. "Oh heroin is so evil, it ruined my life because my mommy couldn't control herself." It's addictive. That doesn't mean that you become addicted automatically. Don't tell me to do mygodamn research either, I guarantee I've read more than you on the subject, and I've experienced it myself. Yeah, I pity the people who let themselves fall to the drug, that doesn't mean it's not their own faults.

1. 3/5,
      Valid points can be made by citing evidence, not flaming.
      Jun 28, 2013
  18. a_m3

a_m3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am not going to get into some battle over a drug that already has too much control over so many lives. You are entitled to your opinion as I posted before. But in the original post I believe that these questions were asked:

"1. What does it feel like?

2. What are the bad affects?

3. How easily will I get hooked?

4. How much does one person need?

5. How much does it cost?

6. Is it worth it?

Thanks, Nat x"

I gave my opinion on what I have experienced with heroin in my life. I may have lost a bit of my own control when my mother was attacked in a previous post, but I am sure that most people will defend their loved ones.

If the original question "is it worth it" has caused so much debate hopefully the writer will see that maybe it isn't such a good idea to try it for themselves. Again, every person has the right to have their own opinions and the right to choose for themselves. I have simply given my side of the of heroin use and the possible effects that a person can experiece if they decide to use it.

19. EndlessSky

EndlessSky Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You know, I don't think anyone's actually answered the question....just argued over the 'rights and wrongs' of taking it. If the person wants to take it, it's their choice. Please respond with the *answers* to those questions so those of us who are curious can be better informed. Yes, I know heroin is highly addictive. I've seen people be destroyed by it- but I've also known people who do it once in a while and they're absolutely fine, and I've known people who've tried it once or twice and decided not to take it again. It's completely dependant on the individual. Please, no sermons....just tell us what it feels like, how much one person typically needs, what the negative side effects are (which I already know about), etc. I'm especially interested in experiences taking it: what physical sensations it produces, how long the effects last for, etc. Thank you so much!

20. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I've experienced Heroin only twice and probably not in full potential. I have no wish to experience it ever again. I have lived with a friend of mine which is a heroin addict as we shared an appartment for a couple of years. Talking for hoursin a very small room, while he was damping the room with heroin. I did not realise that this would affect me, but it certainly did. It felt good, very good. Addicts have always described it to me as feeling so good, that you are sure that you want it again. Like having sex for the first time; you know you want to have this again. They where right. I had seen many, many people coming and going in these years who claimed that they where absolutely not going to do heroin or do it more than once. They have waisted at least a great deal of their lives and bodies. Their lives rotate solely around the small world of getting money, getting heroin, doing heroin and back to the start of the circle again. And while doing this going as low as you can get. As every person is unique there will always be exceptions.

Because of this I tried to ignore the effect. This was almost not possible. I tried not to allow the joy, because I knew that this was not the road I wanted to take. I sort of sat it out while trying to concentrate on other things. I was happy when it went away.

I do not know of many bad side effects except the lack of hunger and I have seen a few clown hands. Read more about that here. I've seen bad infections, when clown hands stayed at least twice as big as a normal hand and pussing. Very nasty.

As far as physical addiction; I did not get around to that. But I think it is described very well by Angeleyes in this post.

How much does it cost? For many it costs everything they have. All possessions, money, relationsand their body.

How a person needs is very variable. A new user will need very little, while a hardcore user will use grams when at hand. It also depends on the route of administration.

Is it worth it? If I believe all the junkies that I've asked this: No, certainly not. And once you are on that road it will very likely feel that there is no way back. I've seen addicts going into and out treatment centers, some back on track for a while, or even for quite long. The call stays. It's a heavy burden. One thing I can say for the live of an addict: it is exciting and certainly not boring. But there are many other ways of living that are also exciting, without the heavy toll, heroin addiction asks.

1. 4/5,
      Reins the thread in very well by renewed focus informed from personal experiences.
      Jun 28, 2013