1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Dose - Heroin compared to Oxycodone

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by Wyborowa, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Question about potentcy

Swim who lives in the northeast just got 2 40mg oxycontin. Yellow Pill, 40/ABG.

Swim read that this generic can be iv'd after the coating is off. Now here is swims question.

How many mg's of OC would equal to one bag of "H"? swim knows its a tough comparison because of purities and stuff, but the "H" I used was pretty pure, white/tanish, quite large bags.

I took 8mg suboxone yesterday and is taking none today so swim can take the OC tomo. How much should I take? Insufflate 40,60,80mg of the oxy?

thanks!

2. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from U.K.
    Re: Question about potentcy

To be on the safe side I would recommend You only takes one if they have no opiate tolerence, then wait an hour or so if you feel ok then take the other one. I would advise against IV'ing these as IV'ing is a bad thing to get into.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Question about potentcy

Hm, this is a tough one. I would estimate that IV, oxycodone would be about half the potency of heroin. But that's assuming You knows how many mg are REALLY in his bags of H. Mickenator gave some good advice, 40 is a decent starting dose for someone who can handle 8 mg suboxone.

4. crizzle

crizzle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    Swim surrently takes subutex on a low dose and used H here and there. He has to use a little more than usual and wait a bit for the sub to wear off to get anything from it, but it works and he doesnt have to go into w/d to get back on the sub, he just goes back on.

that being said, swim's H connect is apparently out of service (phone disconnected and has not called in a week). The question is: I am wondering what is the dosage of Oxycodone compared to a bag of heroin? I know that diffferent bags vary greatly, but lets say an average bag quantity of average strength. As average as they get. How many mgs of OC would be the equivalent of one very average bag of heroin?

This is very much appreciated. I am wondering if its worth it to go looking for some OC.

Thanks as always.

:)

5. jerseyshore38

jerseyshore38 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I do not know very much about this, but he could help you out a bit with one piece of information. What is you's ROA? Because if You inject heroin, I would recommend not bothering with the oxycodone. That's not to say that shooting up OC's is very weak in comparison or anything. It's just that shooting up pills is horrible for youour veins.

As for the original question, a quick search revealed that oxycodone is 1.5-2x more potent than morphine orally. Heroin is around the same. Assuming an average bag of, say, 20% heroin (? verification), that would equal out to 200 mg of heroin. Therefore, You would be looking at around 200 mgs of oxycodone. Depending on tolerance (i.e. how much of that average bag You would normally use), You could separate the doses accordingly. Hope this helps.

6. crizzle

crizzle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    I would inject both, not OC regularly, just here and there. so You is saying that on average H is 20% pure. So, one gram equals 200mg H and because they aresimilar, its about 200mg OC. one bag of dope is about 0.25g, or 50mg oure H. so. One bag on average equals 50mg OC.

Thanks man.

Anyone else? I would love to hear somemoreopinions on this,especially is there were some good references involved.

Much appreciated.

7. tdawe1

tdawe1 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    IV heroin is more potent than oxycodone because its BA raises much more through this route of admin. More like 200mg of street purity H like that = 100mg oxycodone.