Drug info - Heroin in ouzo?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by MINUS, Feb 22, 2005.

1. MINUS

MINUS Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I've heard things about ouzo containing small amounts of heroin. I know for a fact that ouzo sold in the U.S. doesn't contain any. But I don't know about ouzo sold in Greece. I have had ouzo a few times but I didn't feel high at all, just drunk. I was hoping that someone could shed some light on this subject, and the contents of ouzo.

2. windtraveler

windtraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have also heard this as well, and have enjoyed a bottle or two. I didnt get mine in the states, but i dont think it had any trace of heroine. I think that maybe the homemade Greek Ouzo may have it, but dont know about the imported bottles. But thats about as much as i can tell you. I doubt if many here will know, but i hope someone can spread more light on this strange drink.

I had a bottle of it last year and got completely ripped on the stuff. Like i said, it wasnt in the states, and all i ever noticed was the alchohol buzz. Of course this stuff was not made to get skunked on either. If you dont like black licorice, you probably wont like it. I have never liked the flavor, but for some reason it sat with me pretty well.