Dose - High dose Methylone

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by Broshious, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Broshious

Broshious Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I was thinking about trying a very high dose of Methylone and was wondering how much other people have done and if it was at all worth it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
  2. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    The law of diminishing returns seems apply to methylone. I have found that doses higher than 250mg just seem to make methylone trip more like amphetamines and makes the comedown very harsh. Also bear in mind that the toxicity of methylone is unknown.

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Depression, anxiety-attacks, and sleep disorders are some recent effects to surface from super-human dosage. Duration of these effects remain unknown.

4. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF and his friend on a very very stupid night consumed somewhere in the region of 600-800mg of Methylone. Some snorted and some orally administered.

The high was quite euphoric but still nothing like Pure MDMA. The users then experienced 3 days of confusion and difficulty in concentration as well as total inpossibility to sleep. SWIF advises against this kind of dosage, at one point SWIF genuinely believed he had caused irepairable damage to himself lucky for him it appears he recovered.

Stick to dosages no more than 300mg in SWIF's oppinion.

5. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's the unknown possible future effects that are a worry

6. Broshious

Broshious Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    This is a bit OT but I have started so many damn threads lately he figured he'd not start another. Has anyone noticed with repeated use the jaw clenching from Methylone going away? I used to have it like a bitch but now almost none at all. SWIM must note that the effects are slightly diminished from using more frequently than he should but not much.

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It has been noted that many of the similar effects to MDMA, such as jaw-clenching and general entactogenic feelings, diminish. But the amphetamine-like effects tend to remain intact.

Great Caution is Advised.

8. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o
    Please proceed cautiously with heroic methylone doses / re-doses. This drug, after letting swim into it's quarters with open arms, showed it true colors when the gold digger kicked him out the next night after stealing his wallet.

Here's the full story.

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/23445

9. Broshious

Broshious Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I had himself an interesting few days of Methylone fiending. Took 400mg orally. Approx. 2 hours later 450mg. 2 More hours and 500mg. By the end I feel that only the stimulant effect was left, however the usual dysphoric comedown did not occur. Two days after that I did just about the same thing. The Methylone high was shorter but still there and again all the redosing took care of the dysphoria. I am fairly surprised by this as he went through 4.7g of Methylone in a week and it still got him high every single time albeit for shorter and shorter periods it seemed.

10. renegades

renegades Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This swim tried 400mg then another 200mg 45 minutes later, this was the closest thing to a mdma high without taking mdma. I have used Methylone more times after that but not in that high dosage, finally giving it up because she felt it was a rip-off compared to other Research Chemicals in price. The high was not worth the money spent.

11. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Pushing the limits!

"be careful"

You may want to have kids one day

12. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    SWIM's first time using methylone was fairly high-dose, but he's since found there's definitely a point where it becomes unpleasant. Not sure what the dosage exactly, but it's up there... starts feeling something like a high dose of SSRI antidepressants when your body's not used to them.

13. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    the cathinones are a freaky bunch, one runs into inevitable trouble when attempting to match the subjective effects to equal / best those of another drug - mainly MDMA - which M1 is not.

the most annoying aftereffects of overindulgence were found to be GI distress 24-48 hours post admin - nausea and vomiting, visual distortions - yellow tinged overlay and spots, persistent low level depression - up to a week or longer with 'heroic' dosing, and a thorough lack of motivation or physical energy.

Nicaine, you are right on with the SSRI comment, infact Shulgin said M1 is more of an antidepressant than an empathogen. while this comment initially seemed to be an attempt to not overextoll the virtues of a 'new' substitute, in retrospect, i entirely agree.

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Not a marketable anti-depressant though. To make a 12 hour pill of it would require a capsule the size of an economy car.