high end vapourisers

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by jittle, Jan 9, 2007.

1. jittle

jittle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    hi

everyone seems to rant & rave about the volcano , but there is now an alternative(Vapirmatic delux) that I am thinking about buying.its cheaper & head to head seems to be better looks cool too

has anyone tried it ?

swim definately wants to get a vapouriser soon but volcanos quite old now & newer things are challenging them now

please help;)

2. stjbm06

stjbm06 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    VaporWarez (aka Vapor Brothers) vaporizers run about $119-139 USD on Ebay or via wholesalers NEW... They work fantastically, and look stylish. Absolutely NO bad scents or toxins are produced -- be careful about cheaper vaps that have a bubble top - these are often extremely poorly made and smell like toxic plastic fumes as soon as one turns them on... definitely NOT something anyone wants to inhale...

I have also tried the Vapir 3.0, and had extremely bad/toxic smelling plastic burning fumes from his first time turning it on and then the next 2 times as well... No such thing has occurred with the VaporWarez model.

Definitely don't think spending $450 (on ebay) to $600+ USD for a Volcano is worth it... Unless one makes $65,000 + per year, but one could try to persuade swim otherwise with logical arguments and experiences...

3. Graduisic

Graduisic Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    i work at a headshop and spend a lot of time around vaps. i've tried another one called the Silver Surfer, which is about half the cost of a Volcano, and my philosophy on the subject is that if you are spending that much money, its best to step it up and just get the volcano. aesthetically it looks the best, heating temps are constant, and filling the plastic balloon with vapor is the best way to deliver it hands down. if you're gonna spend this much money on a vaporizer, step it up and get the volcano.

4. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM battled with a Vapor Bros for months before the thing ended up in a box gathering dust. Since getting his Volcano he has been in 7th heaven. I do not feel that the newer digital model is worth the extra $100+ however.

5. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swib thought swib would save money by purchasing the Vapirmatic deluxe. It is now used as a back up piece to the volcano and vapor brothers. The digital timer is nice on the deluxe vapir although it changes temp while in use, also if left on the material will ignite with the vapir. The volcano does not have this problem. The Vapirmatic deluxe bags are also much smaller than a standard turkey bag so it has to be filled more and can not be purchased at a local grocery store. New vapir bags have to be ordered from a website or a head shop.
    The one good thing about the vapirmatic deluxe that it has over the volcano is it can be used with out a bag. One can just put the tube in and use it like a vaporbros. It even has a water piece to cool the hot air. Using it this way it is less likely to ignite the material since one is inhaling so the speed of the air passing the material is quicker. The material will almost always ignite after to much time though. Just much quicker with the bag since it just has the fan speed on it.

Swib barely uses the vapir.
    Swib loves a vapor brothers for the times when one just does not want a bag. They too have a water attachment and never ignite.

So basically if you want kind of a combination of a vapor brothers and volcano the vapir is a less expensive choice. But after you figure how much material is wasted buy igniting an so on. You get what you pay for. In swibs opinion a volcano is the way to go if you like the bag idea and if you do not like the bag idea go with vapor brothers.

One great thing about the vapir co. is they offer a the mini vapir. Swib loves this since it can be used with a battery or plugged into a wall. It also has a digital temp. It is not that expensive compared to others. The portability is great. And not much material has to be used with it one can take just a few hits.

But swib would advise to stick with volcanoes and vapor brothers unless you want a one hitter vaporizer than go with the mini vapir

6. keats

keats Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have owned a volcano and a vaporbros and used a vapir and vapirmatoc deluxe, and the volcano blows the competition away, no question. After that the vaporbros is a very decent and much less expensive option, if you can't afford the volcano go with that. The vapir (both models) is overpriced garbage.