high not like it used to be?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by soulraver132, Nov 18, 2004.

1. soulraver132

soulraver132 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yea fror a long time i felt like getting high was not fun and sometimes not bad but not like it used to be.

I think it might have been from lots of dmx 3-4 day binges and a bad tripped cause the dayy after i came down of lots of weed dxm and shrooms for 3days.I smoked some weed and it all came back really bad and tripped the fuck out wierd ear pressure feeling like my ears/brain were gonna blow. since then weed wasnt good and a paranoid/feel bad buzz but now i kinda like smoking again still shitty.

Has anyone asle ever felt this way?

2. soulraver132

soulraver132 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    shit i mean,
    and sometimes not goodlike it used to be.

my bad wiritng this stoned

3. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Your body chemistry changes every 7 years, or so I have read. I had to totally quit smoking MJ for quite a few years because it always made me extremely paranoid. I do fine now, but it did change for me, without using other drugs even.</font>

4. soulraver132

soulraver132 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ya but i only had been smoking for like 2 years but in those to years i smoked all dayevery day.i used to always smoke white widow,ak47 and other s with lots of killa weed.but the dxm must have gave meolneys lesions or something may ears started trobbing and shit...really fucked up and other things 2
    im high right now but have been reading trip reports listenen to pink floyd and im allright i got off probition which lasted me for like 6 months so i can smoke again.. [​IMG]

5. soulraver132

soulraver132 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    damn wish some other people would reply

i must be lame lol [​IMG]

6. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, I didn't feel the high anymore...So I thought, I could use another drug. So coke...Then I smoke MJ after 2 years and I actually did feel a high. Maybe it's the bud you're getting...

7. kj_hash420

kj_hash420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    just take a week or more off, and then start again

8. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Get High ... Remember the Good Old days.

Marijuana is a Hallucinogen. This means that it zings the brain. Whata brain DOES with that zing determines how much Fun it is to be high.

I believe in the Set, Setting aspect of Hallucinogens. If when I get High, I put myself into a Fun situation, this is the Setting for a Good Time. This is what I do (most of the time). I mean, if I get High, and then go see someone who is the Black Hole of Hades, this is the Setting for a Lousy time.

It may be that you get that Rush (this is great), and then waste it. If you do this 100s of times, then that Rush is Less. Less Rush means that you start each High-time with Less of a chance to have a Fun time.

A possible solution: the next 10 times you Party, plan a Calm situation to spend it. This may build-up a momentum of Good times. Then, as you get High, you will remember these past few Good times, and look forward to getting that Zing. Ask, and ye shall receive.

As an alternative, I like the idea above: Take a Vacation from smoking. Less is MORE. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Familiarity breeds contempt. While on Vacation, you can feel that desire to smoke. Feel it, and don't smoke. Then, when you do smoke, a long time later, you will be motivated to get excited, for this Special time: It's a party!

Re-train your brain. Get back into that playful innocence of getting High. You did it once. You can do it again. Keep the faith. Your mind can Blast to the past. Maybe even write down a few of your absolute favorite times. Read one before you smoke. After all, Marijuana is a powerful recreational drug; it deserves to be enjoyed.

9. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    When I get high, parties excluded, I get so papranoid it is nauseating though i havent puked yet, my heart beat races loud and clear its sounds like footsteps and i freak out, the high has changed and not ofr the better its like a whole new high but not in a good way, dont get me wong i still love mj...but in a different way.

10. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    something like this happened to me very recently after using dxm a good share more than i should have. After a little while i started gettin a light headed, nauses feeling kind of like motion sickness, happened about 1 hour after i blazed. once i blazed in the day it the feeling would be there the rest of the day, although i did continue smoking pot throughout the day even tho it made me feel shitty i just figured it wasnt really going away anyway so blazed more. it would help for about 10 mins then it would come back around the same sometimes even a bit worse.

anyway just lay off dxm it should go away

11. megazord420

megazord420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i believe the term is "burnt out"

12. cort

cort Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it seems to me every drug changes with the amount you use of it. weed to me 5 years ago was completley diff from now or any drug with long term use as seems as the drug completley changes and doesnet do what it used to like a toleernce but no or it just changes how you think of the drug with the more you use of it. that first time high was the best thefirst time of any thing seems as if its the best. dont you miss the old days?Edited by: cort

13. AcmeSewageCo

AcmeSewageCo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Man... We bumped an extraordinarily old post... But anyway... I believe it's called tolerance... Orinhibitor resistance... Or anatural chemical change in your body... Whichever you prefer to belive... SWIM gained a resistance to DXM... Totally... No longer does he feel any effects... But this is just a comparison to the THC and other tollerance... And you gain it after chronic usewithsomedrugs... Just quit for a while... Move to another drug... Theres hundreds of chemicals out there that you could do... But if your a soul smoker and or "strait bud"... SWIM's suggestion isthat you just find some stronger shit with a higher/more powerful THC concentration... Perhaps... Jack Herer... Or other strains crossed with Herer... Perhaps GX-13... Or anythingcrossed withGX-13... Trainwreck is very powerful as well so I've heard... But if you have obtained a very high tollerance... Yeah... There's just no fun in smoking... Though SWIM's tolerance is high... He still vaporizes and smokes daily... It's a relaxant to him... I say... Quit smoking for a while... You'll appreciate your high a lot more... It's worth your wait if you just let your inhibitors relax for a bit... Cheers [​IMG]. Edited by: AcmeSewageCo

14. jack3337

jack3337 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Definately just give up for a while. If i smoke every day for only a
    couple of months, the high's get shit near the end. Less fun.

I have to give up for one or two weeks to get back to normal.

15. blackbastard

blackbastard Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    yeah take a break for a while and if you can cut out the dxm, that stuff is insanely bad for your brain anyway, but i'm not hear to preach.

if you wanna get more high when you smoke then try exhaling thru a straw intoa glass of water. interesting effects...

16. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Blackbastard- how the hell will that make you any higher? I'm sorry to sound like such a dick, but i do not see how that will make you any higher. I'll give it a shot anyways though in a few minutes [​IMG].

Smoking on DXM is unheard of, it is by far the highest that you will get. It's bomb that's all i can say about that, if you havent tried it. do, and if you have tried it, you know

Muirner