Effects - High opiate tolerance interfering with Cocaine effects?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Parr, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Parr

Parr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    My buddy has an extremely high opiate tolerance. Started with pain killers, and eventually graduated onto H, and then finally IV. He's at the point where he uses large amounts intravenously 3-5 times a day, and gets absolutely no effect from it other than relieving his withdrawals. Now onto the question...

He began using Cocaine occasionally a couple months back, and noticed that he seemed to get all of the amphetamine effects of it, IE: Alertness, Staying awake for hours, lots of energy, sometimes rapid heartbeat, anxiety, and feeling extremely racy, depending on how much and what the quality was. However, he has yet to get even the slightest bit of euphoria from it, no matter how much he takes or what the supposed quality was. Does this have to do with the fact that he can no longer get euphoria from H as well? I know cocaine reacts with your dopamine receptors, so did the H burn out his dopamine receptors to the point that it doesn't matter what the substance is, the receptors are just shot?

Then on the other hand, just the other day he was able to get some stuff from a different source, and he noticed immediately after doing the first 2 lines that he was hit with extreme euphoria which lasted about 20 minutes. I don't know what was different about this particular batch, but ever since that happened he has gone to this new source several times and never had the same results again. So what was so special about this one time from this one source?

I guess I'm just trying to determine if everything he's getting is just garbage, and that's why he feels nothing? And maybe this one batch was extremely good quality? Or if his dopamine receptors are shot from the H, and this particular batch was cut with something different this time like mdma or something?

Any insight would be appreciated [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. laron16

laron16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Has to be the quality of the coke, or something having to do with H. As coke is pretty much one of the most euphoric drugs.(especially smoked, nothing comes close) I've tried meth and not even near the rush of that blast of rock lol. Sorry, getting a bit off topic! But honestly I've never heard of that happening because I know a lot of people that speedball and say they feel the rush of both chemicals surging through their bodies.

3. Nosferatus

Nosferatus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    Opiates and cocaine don't produce cross tolerance, and given that some coke does produce euphoria while some other coke doesn't, I would say it's almost certainly an issue of varying quality.

4. Parr

Parr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    That's EXACTLY what I thought at first, however, after using several times, probably somewhere around 10-15 times at night during the course of 1-2 weeks. All of those times had varying effects to them, sometimes he would become extremely racy and edgy with panic and feeling like he was going to have a heart attack. Other times he had that exact same feeling again except it was much milder. Then there are times where it just wakes him up, doesn't push him to that anxiety nightmare no matter how much he ingests, but also doesn't do much other than keep him alert and focused with no euphoria, again, with no matter how much he ingests. Now all these times, he's not using alone, there is always at least one other person using right along with him. And most of them have FAR more cocaine experience than he does, and yet they all claim they are getting "high" and they absolutely feel euphoric. He will do 2-5 times more than his other friends at the table just out of frustration, and the only thing this does for him is give him a headache, make him sweat like a BEAST, and a rapid heart beat

Then there was that one magical night where like I said, in under a minute of doing two small sized lines, probably about 1/4 of the size he normally does, he felt this wave of euphoria come over him like he'd never felt before, and it lasted about a half hour. Now keep in mind, this is an experience H user, as well as played around with many different psychodellics, and mdma. This Euphoria was nothing like any of those. He told me that if he could figure out why that stuff was so special, and actually had a way to get more, he would easily swap out H for that, he enjoyed that night more than he's enjoyed any kind of opiate in the last 2 years.

Now the extremely funny thing is, his two friends were with him that night, and they also partook in this "new" batch. They both agreed that it was absolutely excellent, but they didn't think that it was some kind of magic batch. They saw nothing special about it, just that it was good coke, just like they get from their other friend. So they really didn't find much of a difference in these 2. This whole thing just boggles my mind and confuses the hell out of me

Parr added 25 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Oh! and hey!, I forgot to mention.... I understand the logic behind cross tolerance, and why it exists with some drugs and not others. Maybe what I'm actually referring to in this particular instance isn't exactly a cross tolerance per-say. Obviously, if somebody does a lot of opiates, they're body is going to get better and better and neutralizing it from the blood stream faster each and every time. However, the part of H that is the reason anybody does it, is that once that chemical is in your blood, it stimulates your body to release dopamine, causing strong euphoria for hours and hours.

Now I know there's a lot of research into this field, and I've ready so many differnt opinions and therioes going opposite directions from one another. However one of those therioes is that with continuous stimulation to the dopamine receptors, not only do they completely stop producing dopamine on their own, which is why you go into DT unless you get your fix every 4-12 hours. But they also begin to stop responding when your body calls for a dopamine release. One theory is that the receptors themselves actually close up, so no molecule can bind to it. Another is that they slowly die, there are many....

So this is what I mean when I say cross tolerance. I'm afraid that he's taken so much H for so long that his dopamine receptors are garbage, and any drug, no matter what class it is, if it is designed to cause your body to release dopamine, if those receptors are closed off, dead, or not working, than you're not gonna get a dopamine release. But who knows, I could be completely wrong =D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014