1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

High tolerance to opiates?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by Tavz, May 13, 2005.

1. Tavz

Tavz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 25, 2004
    The only opiate I had taken before was Codeine. I started off small, no effects, kept increasing the dosage to no avail. Finally, I felt only slight relaxation at 450mg. I didnt go any further as Ive read you can overdose.

So recently I was prescribed Hydrocodone (10/660), Tramadol (50mg)and I also got ahold of some 40mg Oxycontins.

I guess Tramadol is a synthetic analog of codeine. I took 6 50mg pills and only got some trouble urinating and some itching.

Next I tried the Hydros. First time I only took one, nothing. Two days later I took 2, still nothing. So finally I took 4 and chewed them all up. It got rid of a little pain in my back but that was about it.

So I thought for sure that the Oxycontins would do the trick. So I scrapped the coating off, cut the pill in half, chewed up one half and waited, and waited, and waited. After two hours I only felt slightly relaxed so I took the other 20mg. Still however I only felt slight relaxation.

So do I just have a high tolerance for opiates? I didnt do all this in the same time period, I split it up every few days or so. Any suggestions on how to maybe make them more potent? The only one of the Oxys, hydros, and tramadols that have anything else in them are the hdros with the Acetaminophen, which I believe your allowed a max of 4g a day. So any suggestions?
  2. bogumil

bogumil Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 12, 2005
    Grapejuice, on empty stomach, 30 minutes after you got up in the morning...
  3. peggs16

peggs16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 4, 2004
    What exactly does the grapejuice do?
  4. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    May 2, 2005
    you are just not taking enough. you can't take what they tell someone in pain to take, because you will not get high. cut those OC's in half and eat at least 3 of them. of the vikes, jeez man you gotta eat like 5, you can;t just take one and be like oh i didn;t get high. also don;t have food in your belly, and if it starts to hurt then eat something, but wait 30 mins at least after dosing fore you eat
  5. Atime

Atime Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Feb 18, 2005
    Do not scrape the coating of the oxy's you will waste the pill. Just
    run the pill under running water and rub it till the coating comes off.
    Only the coating comes off and the pill remains 100% intact. close the
    drain before you do this though. I have almost lost one before. I am
    not 100% sure of this but I think that if you chew the pill or take it
    without the coating your liver will absorb most of the pill because it
    is made to be used with the time release coating. After you rub the
    coating off; I would advise you to crush it to a fine powder and snort
    it. If snorting it isn't your cup of tea then I would just take it the
    way it was meant to be taken with the coating and all.
  6. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Jan 28, 2005
    from The Netherlands

It potentiates opiates.
  7. dopefiend

dopefiend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Feb 21, 2005
    posted by BrandonAA-- "cut those OC's in half and eat at least 3 of them."

You need to break them into a fine powder to break the time release. If
    your only cuttin em in half no wonder you need 3 bro. I've seen
    intolerant people puke their guts out off 20mg oral OC. For some it
    takes more, but 120mg is ridiculous (That's 24 percs for fucks sake)
    Anyway bro up your dosage (it seems like you got natural tolerance) but
    for sure you shouldn't need 120 (if you do its best to just give up on
    Op's in general)

Peace bro,

8. helikophis

helikophis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Oct 28, 2008
    36 y/o from New York, U.S.A.
    This should be grapefruitjuice, not grape juice. Very different things. Grapefruit juice does some odd things to liver metabolism, which modifies the effects of several drugs, including opiates.