1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Paraphernalia - Home-made crack-pipes (do you do this?)

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by beena, Feb 23, 2011.

1. beena

beena Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has a quick question involving home-made crack-pipes:
    Basically, SWIM uses an Evian (or other similar) bottle, empties a quarter of the water out, makes a hole in one side of the bottle in which she inserts a small tube to pull on, tinfoil with tiny holes on top of bottle, then ash, crack and voila! She has her pipe ...
    The other week a friend of SWIM's asked her why she didn't put a "shot" hole on the other side: this is a technique SWIM is familiar with from back in the day when she used to smoke pot, i.e. you put a small hole in the bottle/pipe on the other side from where the tube is, place your finger over the hole whilst you pull on the pipe and then release it at the last minute so that air gets sucked in and pushes more smoke (and air) into the users' lungs. SWIM has never thought to do this with a crack-pipe before though and for some reason she just always saw it as something stoners did. Does it work as effectively with a crack-pipe? Is there any point doing it?

2. entheologian

entheologian

Reputation Points:
    it can help if you don't finish the rock in one go to clear the bottle without pulling ash through
    the holes, but i prefer the glass pipe with copper wire screen

entheologian added 68 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

i meaning my friend Ian in the above post

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  3. Madhat

Madhat Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    That hole is known as a "carb" on marijuana pipes. It allows fresh air to fill the pipe after you're almost done inhaling so that you can suck the last bit of smoke out without continuing to burn the product in the bowl.

All of the crack heads I've ever talked to have used either the glass tube from those rose things they have in gas stations or the metal tube from a tire gauge. A few others had metal tubes they took from other items, but the glass and tire gauges are the most common I've seen. I've never seen anyone put a carb on one, but crack can be smoked in pretty much any way conceivable.

4. LLCoolD3

LLCoolD3 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim has seen this type of pipe made with the carb and without. He's not sure which is better for a pipe of this sort. The main drawback to this design is the obvious one, that it's only good for sessions at home, unlike a pipe that fits in a pocket.

5. Nosferatus

Nosferatus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The best pipe, if portability and price isn't a concern, is a mini glass bong of the type with a tube for inhaling on the side loaded with 10 or so pipe screens and a little bit of either ash or very finely ground cannabis on top, this is an economical and disposable version of that that certain people have told me works excellently.