Homemade glass pipe (from glass handles)

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by Nahbus, May 4, 2006.

1. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm probably scratching the whole egg idea. SWIM just made a pipe from the handle of a nice glass of wine. Took the cup and base off, drilled a hole all the way through, lengthwise, then carved out a bowl.
    The bowl is small, but it hits nice. This is just a practice one, attatched is the image.
    Today I will be looking for glass candle holders and cup handles, hopefully finding a cool bubbly or twisty one that can be used perfectly for a bowl. Also thinking of getting some silicon and gluing a cool marble on the back of this practice one, and just make it nice as possible, make the bowl bigger, smooth out rough edges, etc.
    Anyway, what do you think?
    Will be making a few probably, maybe give some out as little gifts?
    Nothing better than smoking out of a nice quality homemade pipe!

Attached Files:

1. 4/5,
      It's always good to have a hobby, especially a hobby that promote's and improve's a great relaxing hobby such as this. Good job dude, and btw. I like the way you went straight through with drilling the of the shaft it provide's a smoother hit to me.
      Sep 3, 2006
    2. 4/5,
      very ood picture of a very well made pipe. :)
      May 7, 2006
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Not bad. SWIM prefers to go with a nice easy apple pipe though when he has no rolling papers at home.

3. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah, I get real into glass drilling, looking for cool bottles/glass things to make bowls out of. Ever since he got a dremel and drilled his first bowl I don't think he's ever going to buy a bowl from a headshop again! Very fun hobby, and very rewarding after packing the first bowl after it's made.

4. kemistudent

kemistudent Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Nahbus, what sort of dremel drill bits do you use to drill glass?

5. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    ^^^^....you need a diamond coated burr drill bit....diamond coated burrs will cut into glass, wood, metal, stone, practically anything.

6. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah I use Diamond coated bits. I still want to find those spade shaped ones, which I guess are great for drilling holes/ making holes bigger, and probably drilling out a bowlhead. Anyway, last night I made the bowl head bigger, which made it 10x better. Still going to round off the top near the bowl and silicon a really sweet glass bead or marble to the back (one: for looks. I think it would look great. two: the carb on the back gets a bit hot after 2-3 bowls, a marble extension on the carb would be perfect).
    Anyway, I'll post pictures when it's totally done.

p.s. couldnt find anything of good use yesterday.

7. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Update:

So today I figured I'd smooth out the bowl part. There were chips and scratches, but now it's smooth, although I liked the clear glass better. The bowl is much bigger now, and is a perfect size for SWIM. Anyway, here is what is done so far:
    [​IMG]

and in addition to the marble in the back, I thought it would be a cool idea to embed smaller marbles in the thumb+finger area for better grip/nicer looking peice. I doodled up a mockup for something along the lines of what I mean (I'm sure the real deal would look better :)):
    [​IMG]

whatcha think so far? Should I go with the marble Idea? If using some sort of adhesive, would silicon be best (not that there would be much room for any of the fumes to get in, only on the back marble.. which will be covering the ait intake over there)? It wouldnt be a big deal to embed cool marble in the side, either. I think the project is coming out better than I had hoped. Any suggestions/comments/advice? Thanks.

1. 3/5,
      Nice job! Best homemade pipe I've seen, props!
      Jul 6, 2006
    2. 4/5,
      Nice pipe....
      May 5, 2006
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Honestly the marble on the side dosent seem like it would look good. Plus adding more and more holes to add marbles or attach them u risk a high chance of possibly breaking your peice alll together. If anything it will be very thing and fragile.
    But thats what i honestly think.
    The marble on the back does look good

9. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hmm, yeah. Definately putting something on the back. Maybe dig out a little spot for your thumb and finger or something that makes it more cofmortable to hold.

10. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    damn that is one of the coolest homemade pipes I have seen. damn fine work brotha.
    + reputation for that!

as of now I think it looks pretty cool! The marble would add a nice touch to it but the right now it is just nice and simple. Cant go wrong either way.

11. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    That pipe looks pretty short, isn't the smoke damn hot?
    It looks like you're almost breathing the flame when You inhales.
    Though I have to say it looks good for a homemade wineglass-pipe.;)

12. The Doors

The Doors Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM really likes that pipe. He prefers it without the marbles though. The bowl seems a pretty good size for SWIM too.