Homemade opiate Hash

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by oliverstoned, Mar 12, 2007.

1. oliverstoned

oliverstoned Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am interesting in reports about opiate Hash made with homegrown MJ and raw OP. I was thinking about 10% of OP. Which MJ and poppies strains were used?

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    There are 2 Trains-of-thought about which Pot Strain to use.
    Opium comes on more like a strong Indica.

So, you can use an Indica mixture to enhance the calming Opium.
    Or, swish it with some hot Sativa, to make it more like Speedball (Heroin + Coke).

As far as Strains of Opium, someone who ain't me doesn't have much to offer.
    He ain't never heard of differing Strains which could be found here.

Back in days past, Thai Sticks were what you're trying to do.
    Hot pot, dipped into Opium. Mmm, Mmm, Good.

3. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think that stories about "Thai stick" being dipped in opium are just that - stories - urban legend. All web research I've done on the subject enhances that opinion:

http://www.google.com/search?&rls=en-us&q=thai+stick+opium&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Rosenthal and Frank (Marijuana Growers' Guide, Ask Ed) wrote about Thai stick as being Thai weed, a sativa of some sort, being grown without seeds and with the buds wrapped around a stick.

Though it's always possible that someone made some opiate-laced concoction sold to You as "Thai Stick," marijuana named as such is not proved to be laced with opium. This is just yet another reason why I HATE SLANG.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Radiometer said: "stories about "Thai stick" being dipped in opium are just that - stories - urban legend."

Well, that might be true. Let me say it this way: My lab rat has NEVER had Pot affect him like that Thai Stick. His lungs were calmed down; it left a slightly sweet taste on his lips; and the feeling was quiet.

Never before, and never again has that feeling been duplicated.
    And there are 200 Strains of stuff out there.
    So, if it wasn't Opium, I sure would like to know what it was.

5. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    I remember reading that "bombay black" which was sold in the chinese immigration area ( which included opium dens) of colonial Bombay ( Mumbai) and up to the 1960's to 70's contained a moderate amount of ( afghani, pakistani) opium pressed into hand rolled charras ( mostly indica cannabis resin) from the Hindu Kush. this is also part of the drug folklore of the early 60's and 70's, and was described in quite few more romanced travel books, notably in Charles Duchaussois' "Flash" and, if remember something Allen Ginsberg wrote.
    10% sounds reasonable, swim guesses the opium is vapourised from contact with the burning cannabis resin.

b

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  6. oliverstoned

oliverstoned Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Indeed, Black Bombay is legendary.
    Swim think about using dry sieved hash and to put 10g in a little
    container with 1g or 2g of (humid) raw opium. The mixture would be perfect in term of texture.

7. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    opiated thai sticks= "the good old days"

8. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When I was in the Middle-East he would come across hash mixed with opium or heroin occaisionally, generally the former. Sometimes he would be informed of this beforehand, sometimes not. It depended on how much was mixed in and who the guy selling it was.

Overall, swim enjoyed his experiences with opium-hash. It had a very nice high, though too much opium would make it a bit too much of a downer. If anyone makes opium-hash they should remember to smoke less of it, or simply not add too much opium to it, or both. Heroin-hash is not recommended, its a bit too intense and you can easily smoke too much of it. The right amount of smoked opium-hash though (preferably in a hookah, though joint works) can produce a very nice high that is very giddy and euphoric yet still retains the good aspects of the hashish high.

9. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I felt that some of the hash I smoked in Europe had some kind of opiate laced in it - most likely heroin. Couldn't say for sure, but I am almost certain that it was not placebo. Once it causes SWIM to come close to overdosing since I was not aware of the aulterant and chased it with SWIM's usual load of heroin... oops.. I was glad friends found SWIM nodded in the snow and kept SWIM moving until the peak wore off..

10. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I amn't sure what varieties of hash you can get in Europe, though he wouldn't be surprised if some laced stuff popped up now and then, especially in areas closer to the Middle-East or that get their supply from there. Moroccan hash probably has a much lesser chance of being mixed with opiates.

I didn't know what heroin was like the first times he tried hash mixed with it. He just thought he was getting a really intense and tiring (not sedative in the sense that he wanted to pass out really, but more like he couldn't move his limbs or body that well) high from some extra-strong stuff. After smoking a number of fat bowls with his friends he found movement to be a bit difficult, and his mind was clouded yet euphoric and didn't really have any anxiety or paranoia he would possibly get from a really strong 'stoning' high. After he knew what the hash was he was more careful and smoked it in lesser amounts, but still didn't like it much compared to opium-hash or pure hash. Would definitely be wary about mixing opiates with hash suspected or known to have opiates mixed in though!

11. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It looked like afghani hash - tootsie-roll consistency. Moroccan was usually just cannabis (and maybe sometimes cut with henna). Seemed to come from all over the place where I was, so who knows. It may have been cut in Europe too. Lots of heroin around for cheap at that time..
    I have not seen any hash for sale since then (long time ago).
    I remember thai stick but was young and does just recalls that it was REALLY strong compared to anything else around, and had a very unique, chocolate taste to it that I have not run across in domestic varieties..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  12. rogerisme

rogerisme Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    If I was to do Black bombay what would be the more effective way?

Would pressing kief + powdered opiate work?

13. zerozerohero

zerozerohero Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Forget all comparisons with "speedball" or anything like that.
    Also, forget about the Sativa vs. Indica thing, that does not matter when making opiate-laced hash.
    Same for the thai sticks legend.
    As for heroïn mixed in hash, it seems VERY VERY FAR FETCHED, but if such a thing indeed existed, one should immediately smell it - same goes for other opiates.

You can use hash made from any strain to make opium-laced hash, but there's an easier way to do it: bubblebag hash

One would simply mix the still-wet bubblebag hash withy raw or cooked opium.
    The reason for doing so is that opium is highly water soluble and therefore mixes very well with wet bubble hash.
    The proportions are yours to decide, 10% is ok, some go to 50-50 proportions.
    There's a ver great thread about that on the shroomery - just seach for "Opium Poppy (dial ups warned)" and you'll find a very instructive thread that shows a very good tek to make op-hash.
    If one can make very clean cooked flake opium, it is also probably possible to mix the powder with kief and then use the following hot-press method (although I have nevertried making opium hash this way):
    get a cigarette-pack wrapper (or another similar tye of plastic baggy - has to be solid), pour the powdered opium-hash mix into it, roll it up to close it, roll it in a first layer of aluminium foil. get an old newspaper, take a piece and make it wet and roll it around the aluminium foil. put another layer of aluminium foil and wet newspaper around that thing and top it off with a layer of aluminium foil.
    Now heat an oven to 80°-90°C and put the "roll" in for 20 minutes.
    Upon taking the roll out after 20mn. press it without removing any of the layers using a heavy object (anythig will do really). press it hard and let it cool off for a few minutes, then unwrap - you should be the proud new owner of some fresh op-hash.
    Please note that one can do the same thing with any type of blond pollen hash (good quality is a prerequisit though) and transform it into nice black maroccan.
    If one has the occasion to experiment with that technique a bit, he'll discover that one can make a large number of different looking and tasting bits of hash using the same starting material...