Opinions - Horned Leaf Kratom?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by OnTheStrength, Sep 6, 2014.

1. OnTheStrength

OnTheStrength Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    From what I understand Horned leaf is a rare yellow vein that's somewhat in between green and white? I recieved some yesterday and half and hour after my first dose I immediately threw up which has NEVER happened to me in 10 months i've been using kratom. This followed by a pleasant feeling comparable to the magic kratom used to have in the beginning.

Now fast forward to this morning - I'm sure avid kratom users can relate to this - every so often I switch up vendors and strains and you will get a batch that leaves you feeling like crap for an afterglow.. I did not expirience this last night but sure am this morning.

So anyone have expirience with horned leaf kratom .. is it just a gimmick ... perhaps I got a hold of some aged leaf because the packaging is... a fucking ziplock bag... so the care and respect for kratom is obviously absent ... that's what the packaging says to me atleast. I went ahead and ordered a different batch of horned leaf from a different vendor that I've used before with great results and raving reviews with excellent micronized leaf. But the availability of this horned leaf appears to be sudden ... like I said I've been using kratom daily for over 10 months and this is the first I've seen it this much. Also I would like to note that this new batch is Green Maeng Da Horned leaf... Marketing ploy, half truth's or the real thing?

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Horned kratom was originally sold as maeng da, but nowadays not all maeng da is horned kratom and vice versa.
    Just more marketing, most vendors selling it are pretty useless anyway, probably looking for a way to sell some spiced up junk with a fancy name.
    I think the visual differences are just a freak that probably occurs on most kratom trees from time to time.

3. OnTheStrength

OnTheStrength Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Appreciate the prompt response. Going to boil some tea and see how that turns out. Just got finished skimming through your water/alcohol extraction guide - notice it was from 3 years ago - anything change or happen to come across any newly acquired knowledge regarding the subject other then what was discussed in the thread?

4. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    No i still stick that that method.
    I would like to find a way to further clean up the extract but i do not have a chemistry background and i would rather someone chime in with additional steps, or alternatives.