Overdose - hospitalisation from 5-iai

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by mrsJackson, Aug 9, 2010.

1. mrsJackson

mrsJackson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    bad side effects from 5-iai

ok swim and friend took a half a gram of 5-iai on saturday night, you will be able to read my trip report for the experience.
    So now it is monday evening and the come down from this drug is the worst swim (an experienced stimulant user) has ever had. my friend however had it even worse!!
    insomnia is relentless, feelings of complete detachment from any feelings and others. strugging to speak, no feelings of hunger, continued jaw clenching up to 24 hours after last dose. I am coping with this and managed to go to work today however my friend has had all of these side effects plus panic attacks, heart palpitation, hallucinations to the point where she was seriously think about going to a&e. swim just hopes that sleep will happen soon so that she can wake up feeling at least able to function.
    in swims oppinion a dangerous drug to the body and mind and spirit.

2. Felix Machina

Felix Machina Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: bad side effects from 5-iai

Can you be sure it's 5iai, wasn't a lot of it just bogus old stock.

3. mrsJackson

mrsJackson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: bad side effects from 5-iai

obviously i only have the vendors reputation to say that it is 5-iai and the vendor wasnt selling till last week unlike some of the vendors who were selling it way before and at a much lower price. i havent seen any reports for any other research chemicals likened to my report other than one or two emerging in other forums as the allegedy real 5-iai is now being sold.
    I am worried about this rc due to the strength of the stimulant effects much stronger than mcat.

4. mrsJackson

mrsJackson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    at ten pm last night 48 hours after taking 5-iai and no sleep I was admitted to hospital with difficulty breathing and heart rate of 140, overstimulation of brain and body, anxiety and scared that this was her time up. no medication given to counter act effect just sent home after bloods came back fine and heart rate had dropped. I has had 1 hour sleep, feels completely void of all emotions, cant concentrate, struggling to talk,no hunger and worried about what permenent damage this has done to swim.
    my friend was also admitted to hospital under same conditions. This so called 5-iai is very dangerous please dont use it. swim feel that she and her friend have been very lucky.

5. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Could you post more details please? Doses? Timelines? That sort of thing...

6. Felix Machina

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
  7. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    118 y/o from The Netherlands
    2 threads merged.

8. mrsJackson

mrsJackson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    thank you fexil for the link. I has still not been able to sleep going through uncontrollable crying and anxiety this morning to the point where she took herself to her local GP. HR 100bpm still. Gp gives 5mg of temazapam to be taken three times aday for the next three days. The 1st one has instantly taken swims heart rate and anxienty levels down.
    my friend still having minor palpitations and anxiety. Swim just hopes she will beable to sleep and eat soon.......

9. Felix Machina

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I hope you get better soon, seeing something like this truly saddens me :(

10. mrsJackson

mrsJackson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    thanks felix...
    it saddens me to as i know swims story wont be the 1st one like this. it is a very potent stimulant with a long half life and its going to cause problems for many.

11. sid91

sid91 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.K.
    It is unlikely that it was truly 5-IAI as it hasn't really appeared on the market yet. As far as I know its too expensive to manufacture at the moment to be deemed cost effective enough to be sold.

12. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    The substance may or may not turn out to be 5-IAI, but the warning is valid in either eventuality. A substance sold as 5-IAI resulted in hospitalization and side-effects lingering over several days, and this is a cause for concern, especially since misrepresentation may play a role. Anyone in possession of a substance labelled 5-IAI should be made aware of this.

It's also as good a time as any to remind users the importance of practicing harm minimization when it comes to new substances. Jumping in at the deep end and consuming 500mg in a single sitting is not advisable for a substance of ambiguous origin. Something as innocuous as the supply lab mislabelling the contents could mean that 500mg is actually a lethal overdose. Unless the user has analyzed the substance themselves and know precisely what it is, it should be treated as an unknown. Taking the supplier's word for it puts the user's life in someone else's hands, and this has been a fatal mistake several times before with RCs.

The safest approach is to start at very low doses (1mg or less), then over the course of several weeks increase dosage incrementally until the desired effects are reached (e.g. 1mg -> 5mg -> 10mg -> 30mg -> 100mg -> 250mg). This has to be done over several weeks or more so that tolerance does have a significant impact. Although this approach may seem extremely tedious, any negative side-effects should present themselves at a relatively low dose and therefore be more manageable. If the substance is grossly misrepresented and unsafe, then the toxicity associated with a 1mg dose is likely to be far less severe/terminal than if the user jumps straight in at 500mg. This approach also minimizes the risks of an unpredictable severe adverse drug reaction.

Don't cut corners. SWIM safe!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  13. mrsJackson

mrsJackson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thought I would update on swims my recovery. swim managed to sleep for 12 hours last night. woke this morning still void of all feelings. cries at points through out the day, finding no enjoyment in anything I feel soulless. swim manages to have a bath and force some food down her. I am worried that permanent damage may have been done to her brain and plans to return to the gp tomorrow if this emptiness persist.

14. Legalrc

Legalrc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    there is alot of dodgy 5-IAI going about, alot of the research chemicals in london all come from one source in china (very big company) and my dads cousins dog's owner had a pretty small sample and found it to contain chemicals form the 2xx range.

15. Euphoric

Euphoric Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    First off, I am not a doctor. These are his thoughts regardless:

I had similar feelings and anxieties after taking blotters containing an unknown substance and being considerably altered for over 24 hours. However by the end of the 48th hour I was more or less back to normal.

SWIM suggests as much as possible not to feel guilty about what You has done.

The human brain has incredible abilities to repair itself and return to equilibrium. Some of the side effects You is currently experiencing might be psychosomatic rather than actual effects from the drug. If they are due to the drug, time and taking care of you's health will be key to healing. If they are psychological in nature, I believe that having faith that You will feel better soon and to remember that despite having taken an unknown substance and experiencing a nasty come down, You has seen a decline in some of the side effects.

If You is on no other medication (or gets a doctor's go ahead) ginseng or rhodiola rosea are both adaptogens which should help the brain restore chemical balance. If You is suffering from depletion of neurotransmitters, complete proteins such as those found in dairy, soy, eggs, and meat will provide the amino acids necessary to help restore them. Try to eat healthy complete proteins though, not McDonalds :)

Best of luck, hoping You feels better very soon. :)

16. mrsJackson

mrsJackson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would like to say a big thank you for all your support and advice through the worst week of her life which she is pleased to say is comming to its end. swim woke this mornig still feeling very low so decided not to take any more diazapam to see if that would help lift her mood. she managed to get to the shop and bought some st johns wort. by the afternoon her mind started to slip again with thoughts that she would never be able to communicate with ppl again.. her two very good friends came to see her with chocolate and within an hour off human contact and chocolate her mood lifted and she acctualy smiled for the first time in nearly a week. swim still doest feel hungry and hopes that she can sleep ok without the diazapam tonight but at last there is a light at the end of the tunnel..............I has noticed some similar reports of side effects from ivory wave and is very concerned at what is going on in the legal high/rc market at the moment. swim cant imagine what the devistating effects would be if a inexperienced young person took this drug..........

17. AskTheSpaceInvader

AskTheSpaceInvader Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Sorry to hear about this experience, i certainly won't be trying any of this for a long while, though, like many people, i bought into the hype that 5-IAI could be amazing, hopefully it still can if it turns out what's currently being sold is something different. Glad you're feeling better, as drug users we can all relate to that drained out feeling, like everything good inside you has been sucked out and the only emotions you can feel are sadness and lonliness. I'm sure everyone here has had that at some point, the feeling of isolation and hopelessness. But eventually i'm sure you'll feel 100% again, so don't worry, it WILL go away. Even if it takes a while longer than normal, hang in there! :thumbsup:

18. frandjtic

frandjtic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This stuff is shit. Doubt its even real 5-iai at the moment. Most websites state they still waiting for it but when i tested it blah blah blah. Sickness, sweats= crap crap crap.

19. Revolvingdoo

Revolvingdoo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It's obvious that these negative experiences are down to a couple of unscrupulous vendors, present advice is avoid like the plague until a vendor or two has proven genuine stock.

20. deaner in bristol

deaner in bristol Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    I found the following note in a milk bottle on my doorstep this morning:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2010