Side effects - Hot Flashes on DXM

Discussion in 'DXM' started by psyko_tripper, Aug 9, 2004.

1. psyko_tripper

psyko_tripper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    An e-mail I just received:

I've done dxm a few times, only 1st and 2nd plateau. I was wondering if anybody gets these hot flashes while on dxm. Me and my friends have had some difficulties with it the first few times. It's like you're body starts to burn from the inside!

Now I'm wondering is this because there are some other ingredients which cause this or is it just normal? I always buy 30 mgs gelcaps and dont think there are any other active ingredients. Maybe some inactive ones causing trouble? like that gel for instance?

Maybe I should extract the dxm from the gelcaps?

greets!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  2. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hmm...i think i *maybe* know what you mean. when swim's on dxm he sometimes feels what he could describe as a point of intense heat inside of him, this is very shortlived usually. He's not sure if he actually overheated or it's just a hallucination since he haven't read that dxm heats you up anywhere.

3. psyko_tripper

psyko_tripper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes, thats the same thing that my dog Bruno experienced. Intense heat inside of the body. The first time he thought he was going to die. But it always was short lived and in future episodes he always could ignore it since he knew that it was somewhat normal to happen.

Thanks for helping my dog out. Now I know that other people have experienced this too, it won't bother Bruno anymore at all.

I think this happens because one's senses get shut off on dxm and the body doesn't have a reference for temp. leading to this kind of thing. Just a thought...

4. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yea, it's just a psychological thing, there's no way one can get as hot as it feels without damaging anything...and in swim's experience nothing was damaged to his knowledge :)