Hot Knifes and Bottle Tokes

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by Motorhead, May 7, 2005.

1. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Im from eastern Canada and there is plenty of hash around these parts. A very popular way to smoke it is by bottle toking and another not as popular way is hot knifes. Funny thing is i havent seen either method mentioned on the forum. I think i seen hot knifes mentioned once even after i did a search. Must be a regional thing again, and i know that hash isnt readily available in alot of spots but i think most people know what hot knifes are. But what about BT's?Bottle tokes are done by making a hole in the base area of a bottle, picking up a hoot with the end of a cigarette, and then putting it in the hole at the base of the bottleto collect the hit. Inhale when ready. Is this done in other parts of the world or just from where im from? Just curious cuz its very popular around here and i havent seen it on the forum yet.

2. MescalinePirate

MescalinePirate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Spotting [Hot knives] is very popular in New Zealand

3. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have no idea what the hell either of those methods are, but then
    again not a lot of hash goes around my circle of friends in San Diego.

plz explain 'hot knife' sounds interesting...

4. Motorhead

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Hot knifes are a very efficient way to smoke hash. First take your chunk of hash and bust out desired amount of tokes in the form of tiny little balls. How big you make em depends on how tough your lungs are, cuz doing this can be harsh. Grab two butter knifes and heat the tips. You can do this by sticking them in the coils of your stove elements, but the best way is with a blow torch. When the tips are red hot, take one blade and pick up the toke with the flat side of the tip, then take the tip of the other blade and sqiush the hit between them in front of your mouth and suck in the smoke. You can make a gram of good hash last a fairly long time using this method. Got no hash? You can do this with bud if its sticky and resiney enuff. Or with anytype of oil. Just take a peice of wire, like in a twist tie, and make a little loop in the end to dip in your oil/resin and then touch it to the tip of a hot blade and inhale.

Careful you dont burn your lips tho lol. Ive seen more than one mean blister on my freinds chops over the years.

cheers

5. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ty man... I think I'll scrape a little resin out of my bowl and try that out tonight...

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It's good to see that there are some fellow hashishins on this board (as well as a fellow Motorhead fan, Lemmy rules!!!). That idea with the knives sounds pretty awesome. Must give it a go sometime. [​IMG]

7. MescalinePirate

MescalinePirate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    We use a bottle with the bottom cut off to catch all the smoke then inhale it through the top.

8. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    There have been lots of threads about it. I find hotknifing unpractical though. Maybe when i have a very small amount of hash and im desperate. Joints are nicer though.

9. Motorhead

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Thank u MescalinePirate, I was going to edit my post to include that info. It makes it a hell of a lot easier to catch the hit with the bottle/tolet paper roll/whatever you got at you disposal. This is especially true when using the single blade and the wire for the oil. Just get a friend to do the kniving and hold the prefered hooter yourself. If going solo with the oil, holding a pen or similairly thin tube in your mouth does the trick.

Hey nature boy liam, hows it going? Haha yes i saw the avatar earlier, welcome to the forum.

10. eskimoeqib

eskimoeqib Guest

Reputation Points:
    I have done this quite a bit. I would get a friend to do the knives for them and take a 2 liter soda bottle, cut the bottom of it, and use that to catch all the hit from the knives. Butane torches are the only way to heat the knives though in swim's opinion. It definately makes any weed or hash you smoke hit a lot harder and be a more intense high.

11. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Monkey did this a lot back in high school. He says it's good for getting VERY stoned very quickly. He also says one should not attempt to catch the red hot knife if (s)he drops it, lol. Monkey forgot this rule once, reflexively caught what he had dropped, and had a big blister on his hand shaped exactly like a butterknife!
    One nice thing monkey and friends would do sometimes to make this method less harsh:
    cut bottom off of bottle and punch some holes in it,
    put ice cubes in upsidedown bottle,
    push the severed bottom up into the bottle to hold the ice in,
    giving a somewhat chilled hit.
    :joint:

12. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Hot knives! ;)Very effective, but think of your poor lungs. You only get born with one pair!

13. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A Certain Mouse tells me that a well delivered hot-knife should not provoke too much coughing or lung/throat damage, unless it is something done to fill every waking hour (& he's known subjects to do this! Hot-knives for breakfast certainly set one up for the day! Allegedly.), or one has a cough already.

The trick is 3-fold - first the ends of the knives have to be hot, hot, hot! Like really frickin, beyond red, hot before picking up the hash. Secondly, when the hash has been picked up the 2nd knife should be placed on top of the first while still super hot, & firm pressure applied - this burns the hash quickly & gives less bulk of smoke, meaning less irritation. A slowly smouldering spot gives a lot more smoke & is a waste.

The 3rd point is - never, ever inhale while the knives are still in the bottle, even if the hash is still smoking. SWiY can always have a toke to make more room in the bottle then refill with the still smouldering hash. The smoke in the bottle will cool down quickly enough t be less of an irritatant - with the knives still in the bottle the smoke stays hot, thereby giving that distinctive hack & bellow.

A decent sized glass bottle is also recommended - 70 cl wine or whisky bottles are best apparently. Anything smaller & the smoke does not cool. Plastic is not recommended. To knock the bottom out drop a decent all metal knife into the bottle & agitate with a circular motion, preferably over an empty sink, just in case.

Done well this is indeed the cheapest (on many levels!) & most efficient way of smoking - it's a bit of a faff. not easy to do on one's own, & takes practice, but worth it, or so I'm told...

14. ProtectedByTheGods

ProtectedByTheGods Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hehehe, I did this once or twice way back in high school. :)
    Never heard of it again, or seen anyone do it.
    It sure is efficient and a bit cumbersome and harsh.

Thanks guys for reminding SWIM of this method, now he's gotta give another go. :D

Thorough info there, Mickelmouse.

15. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Barney the stoner freak would take a drinking glass, a saftey pin , small rubber hose and block of wood. he then bored a small hole in the wood to insert hose , the saftey pin would hold a piece of hash , light it , place glass over pin with burning hash then drAW a hit thru the hose. He would be dumb from thaT for hours and hours.

16. hibushin

hibushin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    bottle bongs are awesome, cant believe so little people make them, essentially just a bong but cost nothing really just a bottle with a rush hole on one side about the size of a thumb easily made with a lighter and a draw hole the size of a joint on the other side of the bottle, put the joint inside and cover the big rush hole and breathe in, then heres the choice, halfway through pulling in let go of the rush and pull in the smoke at the same time. or keep pulling and let the bottle fill with white smoke, keep the rush covered and cover the bottle neck with your chin, breathe out then take thumb off the rush and pull in the whole hit, will get you blitzed in no time. an alternative is to get a friend and whilst pulling the smoke in the first time to get the friend to keep a flame on the joint so more smoke can be pulled in one hit as that and your as high as your giddy aunt.

Forgot to add, make sure that the draw hole is 4/5 inches above the bottom of the bottle and fill the bottle with a liquid, SWIM tends to use ice though in as big cubes as you can get because it will cool the smoke down and really lessen the harshness that can often occur when pulling in so much smoke haha

17. drbeer

drbeer

Reputation Points:
    Hot knives are a great but painful method. I am used to smoke weed and hash with them. All the great nights he had smoking around 20 hits in a row with one of his friend. It does mess up the lungs though...

Hot knives are better used if I have a cut off bottle to take the hits since it can be kept (for a short time) in the bottle. It also helps not to cough too much (although one of his friend just takes it like it would be nothing without any bottle or anything else).

And it's always useful to have 4 knives since while the two first are being re-heated you still can take a hit with the other two and almost always alternate (since it takes so much time (about 5 mins) for SWIM to recover from a hit)

Tags: