Oral use - How bad is parachuting Kratom?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by MonarchX, Sep 13, 2010.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I cannot handle the taste of Kratom....powder is insanely nasty... but it works, got SWIM off 60mg oxy daily without withdraws (well, a few red hot flashes and obviously pain coming back, but still. No depression or anxiety but I have a tryciclic anti-depressant. So, because of the taste, SWIM parachutes it down.

But isn't toilet paper for parachuting bad for stomach? I have extra thin that melts (impossible to pick up with wet hands) so its the best choice, but is it not toxic for daily use?

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    There is no need to use toilet paper, You could just buy some cigarette papers. Look for thin chlorine free paper or hemp paper if You is worried about them containing chemicals.
    You could also get some empty capsules which are very cheap and help to get around any taste issues.

3. MonarchX

MonarchX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM's toiler paper is ultra thin for that reason and is thinner than cigarette paper. Its impossible to handle with wet hands as contact with waster obliterates it...

4. ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It's not that tracing paper stuff I remember from school is it? I thought that died out in the 1980s :laugh:

Seriously though, could You not mask the taste in a drink? SWIM often uses orange/blackcurrant squash, to which he adds either kratom powder and boiling water or a kratom tea brewed from leaves. Doesn't entirely hide the taste, but goes a long way to improving it.

5. Waka

Waka Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    When starting out with kratom swim tried the toss n wash method. By this I mean placing a tea spoon of kratom on the back of swims tounge and then taking a gulp of water. The kratom filled swims mouth and the taste was utterly disgusting. Since then swim parachuted, until that is it hit swim about 2 weeks ago that maybe all this paper wasn't healthy for swims stomach. swim searched on another forum and found someone whos story so far matched swims. He however had found the solution to the problem. After trying this method I has never looked back. By taking a swig of water first and then dumping the kratom into a puddle at the back of the mouth the kratom can be gulped down without even tasting it! At most there is only a slight hint of the taste present.

6. MonarchX

MonarchX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Still trying to figure out if paper is bad for habitual digestion!

7. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    You might get better answers if they at least gave the ingredients of the paper they are using, what (if any?) chemicals are being used in its production and how much of it is You eating every day exactly?

People cant give solid answers without solid information.

Generally paper is not designed to be eaten, as already mentioned if You is worried about it then switch to something that is.

8. Synesthesiac

Synesthesiac R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Personally I wouldn't, but I has trouble with burping. The gas gets stuck in his stomach and he feels like hes going to explode. Luckily I has not exploded yet, he ends up finally doing a titanic burp that measures on the Richter scale, or being sick. One day I'm afraid that swims mates might walk into a room after he's bombed some kratom and have to scrape him off the walls though.

Its fine for most people but be ready for the burping!

9. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    47 y/o from U.S.A.
    I definately would not eat used toilet paper. Although it might mask the taste.

10. Amazing Jeans

Amazing Jeans Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Mix the powder in some fruit juice and then just get it down in one (holding your nose can help to lesson the taste).

Please treat this plant with 100% respect folks.

11. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    parachuting Kratom is easily done, but I would say that it would take You quite some time to parachute a decent amount of plain leaf, xtracts would take less material.
    SWIM only advises using extracts on aoccasion.
    Dont get caught out like I did and use xtracts daily, You will pay the price.

12. Raelsatu

Raelsatu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim can only parachute now; using thin toilet paper. But only every few days. Reason being: the mere taste, texture, or smell are enough to make Swim gag/throw-up. Toss and washing with orange juice used to be bearable but now it's at the point where simply knowing the powder touches tongue is enough to instigate the gag reflex. Parachuting is optimal for getting down in less than a second with no taste; swim sometimes also plugs nose to avoid smelling the kratom. Swim dubs kratom as a godsend and yet a bane at the same time; the only disgusting-tasting herb worth the time.

13. md2020

md2020 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Small round Honey surrounded Peanut Butter (K inside) placed in a spoon then put in olive oil then mouth swallow.

Same by using any citrus fruit piece stuffed with (K) dipped in honey then spoon with small amount of olive oil...

or use any chaser thats worst tasting - break out the Cod-liver oil

any of the new age anti-oxi Berry Jucies work good for a chaser...

Something about holding the nose causes in some "Hick Up" yuk what a thought.

14. anjinash

anjinash Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    FWSD has a low tolerance for things that taste disgusting, but managed to get a good toss-and-wash technique down pat where he almost never has to taste the kratom at all. What FWSD does is:

FWSD gets a 20oz soda, tilts his head all the way back and tips the bottle so he fills his mouth with liquid about 1/4ths full

With his head still tilted back, tosses a well rounded teaspoon full of powdered kratom on top of the liquid.

Then FWSD tilts the bottle of liquid into his mouth to add some liquid on top of the powder and quickly opens his throat and snaps his head back forward, gulping it all down in one quick motion.

If done correctly, the powder never touches his tongue at all. Viola, no nasty taste and the quickest way to get the kratom active in his system. It may take a little practice to get it just right, but well worth the effort in FWSD's opinion!

15. dyingtomorrow

dyingtomorrow Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think parachuting is even worse/harder than toss and wash. Trying to make tea is the worst (there is just no possible way to make it not taste like shit, if you haven't gotten completely acclaimated to the Kratom taste). I would always gag or throw up trying to parachute it too. It was just hard, and felt stressful and irritating trying to get it down.

But then he came up with this method, where you don't have to feel like its a horrible task to get the Kratom in your body:

1) Get a sweet drink. I recommend something carbonated Coke/Sprite/etc. He thinks the carbonation helps "gum it up" and prevent it from becoming "dusty" when it hits liquid.

2) Get a small teaspoon full of Kratom powder.

3) Stick your tongue out and make it into a little spoon, curling the sides up and front.

4) Dump the Kratom into the middle of the tongue-spoon, and leave it stuck out. You won't really taste it.n

5) Retract the tongue-spoon into your mouth, but keep it elevated and away from touching any other part in your mouth. DON'T inhale, or the dust could make you start coughing.

6) Chug the drink, as you do so relax your tongue spoon in the back of your mouth, and have the drink sweep it all back as fast as possible.

If you do it that way you shouldn't have a problem tasting it. SWIM discovered/invented this method after wasting many ounces of Kratom, but now has absolutely no problem with the taste, or taking however much he wants.

Give it a try.

Hope I could help!

16. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Friend tried all the t&w methods but somehow, the powder always ended up all over his mouth. It's not the taste as much as it is the texture that bothers him and makes him gag. The only way he can take it is to put spoon-fulls in a square of toilet paper and put that at the back of his tounge and swallow with a lot of water. It's a bitch cus he has to do it with like 6-8 bombs but it's the only way he can handle it. As far as the toxicity of swallowing toliet paper, well, considering all the shit he puts in his body, it aint gonna be the tp that hurts him!

He is thinking that getting the ground, but not powdered, leaf would be a lot eaiser to t&w with cus the pieces will be bigger and won't get all caught in his teeth and shit. If not, he'll just stick to bombing it with toilet paper. It's a pain but kratom is a decent, cheap high, so it's worth the hassle of dosing it. He might try tea though and strain the soilds out. He can handle poppy pod tea just fine so kratom tea shouldn't be too bad.

17. kratom

kratom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from ghana
    I am currently using alternative spices and tastes to paralyze and confuse the taste buds and brain parts, this can be a good help for those who can't stand the bitterness. Peppermint or mint oil with a hot tea (not just peppermint tea) will temporary stop you from tasting anything, works wonders especially when a fine grinded powder is added. A strong fragrant, like cinnamon or vanilla can help on top to confuse the bitter brain receptors a bit more, honey is also added of course. These cups of tea actually start to taste good for SWIM.

18. Marmadukemark

Marmadukemark Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The best way to parachute in SWIM's opinion is to make a bread ball. Take a piece of sliced bread, flatten the piece (from the middle of the slice - not the crust) as thin as you can, place the powder in the middle of the flattened bread, fold the edges around it, and roll it into a ball. If the volume of the powder is not too great the bread ball can easily be swallowed whole. My friends and I used to do this all the time with MDA and other unpleasant tasting powders.

19. anjinash

anjinash Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM's friend reported success using pieces of a fruit roll-up for this purpose, very similar to the bread method mentioned by Marmadukemark.

20. topher

topher Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    To address the topic of this thread: Yes, TP is bad to ingest. It is not meant to be ingested, therefore its not cleansed of chemicals that can harm someone if they eat it. It can contain things like arsenic that were used to treat the wood from which the paper was made. It can also contain bleach and binders used to glue the paper fibers together. All of which- over a long period of ingesting- can accumulate in your organs and cause some pretty serious damage. But this is after years of heavy ingestion.

I used to parachute all the time. He could get down whole tablespoons or more in ONE chute/gulp. But something happened at one point and I couldn't do it anymore. Now he can ONLY T&W 1/2 tsp. at a time.

SWIM promises: After you T&W for a long period you WILL get used to it. Hold your breathe, toss, swig a drink, then swoosh it around so that all the powder is saturated. Then swollow. Use juices like OJ. Carbonated drinks are a bad idea because the powder will sit on top of the bubbes and not absorb the moisture as fast. Be sure to use SMALL spoonfuls ( I use 1/2 tsp.) multiple times.

Alternative: boil the kratom/water for 10min. Strain. Boil for +10 more min. Strain. Let cool. Mix remaining liquid in a juice OR soda (this time). Chug.

OR You could get a capsule maker like this guy did....