1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - How Best to Deal with the MDMA "Crash"

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by ladywolf2012, May 19, 2017.

1. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    67 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    I will be taking MDMA for the first time in about 25 years this weekend. Before it became illegal and was of very, very high quality, I used to take it several times a year. After the FDA outlawed it and it became a street drug, I lost interest after one very unpleasant speedy trip. Finally I have procured some that is supposed to be of really good quality, according to my best friend who has taken several hits of it by now, so I am willing to take the risk again for the gains.

But I remember well the the crash that follows a good trip,and wonder what ways you folks have found to deal with it so that it isn't so unpleasant? I have always just taken some lorazepam and gone to bed. This method is effective, but kind of dulls the brain. Any other good ideas out there for making the comedown not so disagreeable as I remember it being?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. KratomKing

KratomKing Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Florida, United States
    The one thing that helped me with ANY comedowns with ANY drugs: WEED. Especially if you are able to buy a lot weed, and smoke a lot of weed. I recommend buying a quarter, or an eighth, and save it for your comedown. I'm guessing you could easily buy some potent weed. Just keep smoking until you're high enough to forget your even coming down from MDMA(which will be quick if you are able to get some dank weed). Atleast that's what I used to do lol.

3. ladywolf2012

Reputation Points:
    Thank you so much for the suggestion, but my issue is that I hate smoking weed, even just a little bit of it. It makes me confused and disoriented and paranoid and would be a terrible way for me to end a wonderful MDMA trip. Glad it works for you though.

Any other sugestions?

4. Aneurysm

Aneurysm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from romania
    Besides some anti-oxidants and natural supplements such as amino acids, my cure for any stimulant comedown, be it coke, speed or MDMA, 100% succes rate, here it is... ta-daaaa: KETAMINE!

Weed doesn't do shit, it makes me mentally tired but physically wired and i'm getting either anxious as hell, either extremely bored that i'm praying for the high to end. I can never use weed as a downer or sleep aid unless i smoke at least 2-3 grams over an hour, which is black-out rather than sleep.

Just do a fat line before the comedown begins. ~100mgs

5. KratomKing

KratomKing Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Florida, United States
    Ahhhh this guy tells no lies. I stand corrected. Ketamine is THE BEST for comedowns, the sad thing is: for some people it's hard to get :(

I don't recommend speed for a comedown unless you want to have a harder comedown when the speed where's off haha. You could try some sedative kratom brands. Or maybe even CBD, but I think CBD is mainly for anxiety. However it may be great for comedowns. Sorry my weed suggestion wasn't any help, it used to make me paronoid too so I understand that lol.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2017 ---
    Sorry @Aneurysm I read that wrong, I thought you suggested speed for the comedown. My apologies.

6. ladywolf2012

Reputation Points:
    Thank guys,but sigh, I can't smoke weed and I can't get Ketamine. I live in a tiny town where I can hardly get anything at all. I guess I'll have to tough it out with my old routine: a little champagne and lorazepam--which I have used for years. (Don't worry, I know what my capacity is by age 67.) Drink a lot of water, I guess, and probably Gatorade and just accept that some depression is the price I have to pay for that much pleasure...

Any other ideas of things that are easier to get?

Thanks guys.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  7. Pyron

Pyron Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Dang that's pretty exciting that you're planning to do it again after so long! MDMA is my all time favorite drug, even if it doesn't do much for me anymore. In my experience the MDMA comedown is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Yeah, it's a little tiring and you may feel emotionally/physically drained, but I've never thought it was anywhere as cruel as the comedown from dopaminergic drugs like amphetamines. But anyway, the best way to alleviate the discomfort of an MDMA comedown is eating a solid meal and sleep. I like to smoke weed which helps both psychologically and to instill appetite, but I know you're not a huge fan, so I'd recommend a small dose of any kind of benzo to do the job. I haven't had access to benzos most of the time when I've been coming down off MDMA but in the times I did, just a little bit of Xanax was enough to completely relax me and let me drift off to a restful sleep.

Honestly though, making sure you get in a good meal makes the biggest difference. Also the MDMA comedown is exponentially worse as you increase dose, and as you know people take way more than they should so this is often a part of the problem. Just make sure you take a reasonable dose and drink plenty of water and it should be a smooth and enjoyable experience.

Do enjoy it and write an experience report for us, ladywolf!

8. Frank'sFriend

Frank'sFriend Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    When I have MDMA I take some light painkillers (ibuprofen), 5HTP and a multi vitamin at bed time.

I sleep well, wake a little later than normal and have no ill-feeling other than being very tired the next day and not wanting to eat.

I never get ratty, paranoid, irritable etc.

9. Priapism9

Priapism9 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from Germany
    Aaaaaand there it is again. "Its real because my friend tried it".

Dont mess with your brain, or safety. spring the $65 and get a testing kit online. Test it. I would literally never put anything in my body if I didn't have proof of what it was. Seems insane to me to do that.

10. Loveheartshapedrock

Loveheartshapedrock Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I react badly to weed too. I trip out on it and get in slightly changing reality loops when I smoke it. I get really paranoid about my actions and the words I speak and how they are effecting changes in my reality. I really don't like the sensation.

Strangely I feel different if I eat it. I actually quite like it if it's in good cookies. I very occasionally see a friend who makes butter and I've had that on toast a few times. It has been awesome.

I think maybe the slower release gives my mind more time to adapt to the feeling and enjoy the experience. But I have never used it to help with come down.

Personally I think the come down off MDMA is relatively tame. I can easily pick happier thoughts or just relax and go with the flow.

I always liked to watch funny movies and stay around positive people. Once I became aware that any low negative thoughts I found were relating more so to my chemical imbalance, I found them easier to dismiss.

It's not the time to think about your life problems or look for solutions. I think it's important in your own mind to register that and not to beat yourself or anyone else up during this time. I don't make any major decisions.

I just refocus on something that feels better and more light hearted when I notice negative emotion. I learnt this on MDMA but it is also what I do it with Meth come down and it's difficulty level x 100 compared to mdma.

How did your mdma experience go @ladywolf2012 ?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  11. ladywolf2012

Reputation Points:
    Hi loveshaped--

Well, the MDMA never came through, unfortunately. Instead, some quality LSD is about to hit the stands, I have been promised. While I am disappointed, I am quite willing to take LSD for the first time in about 12 years. Either/or. I can have fun and spiritual experiences on either one. So I will report on THAT experience if and when it comes to pass. Thanks for remembering to ask.

LSD at least has a nice, gentle, glowy comedown, unlike the harsh jolt that I have experienced with MDMA. LSD usually makes me feel good for a couple of days, whereas it takes me two days to recover from even the most pleasant MDMA journey.

Cheers to all!