1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking - How can I control the snot mucus build up ?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by FutureProblem, Feb 17, 2012.

1. FutureProblem

FutureProblem Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM has been smoking for a month or so, each time SWIM smokes after a while (4-6 hours) SWIM gets 2 thick and dry snot mucus build up's one on each of SWIM's throat....most of the time when SWIM clears their throat because of how many times they have to cough to get the mucus up, SWIM hurts their throat or even worse pop a eardrum ! Is there a way to prevent these build up's from occuring !

SWIM hopes to get some good feed back that will end these constant mucus build up's

2. cloud_nine

cloud_nine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    To be honest,i have no idea how to deal with this and how to prevent it.wish i could help because i get this all the time as well and i know how annoying it is.what i do use to help though is..[​IMG]
    It doesn't cure it but it does help soothe it temporarily.

3. goofygoober

goofygoober Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    SWIM uses Mucinex DM Expectorant/Cough Suppressant. The main thing one may be needing is the Guaifenesin - which is an expectorant. Guaifenesin helps break up phlegm and make it so the body can get rid of it easier (A.K.A. its easier to hock lougies). There's no proof for sure that SWIM is aware of but for SWIM, taking it as prescribed seems to make a HUGE difference in the amount, thickness and overall nastiness of that gross dry meth throat. Dosage is usually 1 caplet every 6 hours w/ a full glass of water -- read your meds specific directions -- but taking it with a full glass of water is very important because it re-hydrates the phlegm, making it easier to break up.

4. monkeyonmyback

monkeyonmyback Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I have the same problem and I find that drinking water helps loosen the phelym in my throat. I feel as if I am going to choke to death. By the time I clear my throat its right back.But after drinking maybe 16 oz of water it kinda clears up.

5. CanadianBakin

CanadianBakin Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    Interesting. I don't ever get this, and I smoke quite often. Did you know meth is actually a form of a decongestant? Whenever I smoke up, or do rails, it actually clears me right up... But I guess everyones meth and body is different. I think I kinda know what you mean... Anyway I think I have a solution for you.

During a meth trip/binge/whatever u wanna call it, I like to keep with me a cup of salty water. I gargle the salt water periodically, maybe once every 12 hours or so throughout my trip. I actually picked this tip up from someone off the site off some thread (forget who, and where).

The main point of this trick, is apparently it kills bacteria in your mouth. Brushing too often is a hassle, and if over-done can actually have erosive effects on your gums. Gargling saltwater may not remove debris, but it kills bacteria. This is supposed to help prevent the dreaded meth-mouth. I find it also helps reduce the amount of cankers, and blisters you get from snorting/smoking certain types of meth for extended periods of time. Another benefit I get from this, is it clears my mouth and throat out, and makes it feel nice and clean. I tend to tweak during work, and I talk to a lot of people at work, when my mouth is fresh and clean it helps me speak more clearly and fluently.

Try it out, plus you'll be getting the benefits of a sore-free, bacteria free mouth. Not saying it'll work for you for sure, but it's a good thing to practice anyway and if it clears your throat up, all the better. Poor eardrums :(

Also, mouthwash would work, just really gargle deep in your throat.

And one more tip... Avoid sugary drinks when tweaking. A) your teeth don't need any more abuse as it it... and B) Sugar based drinks will thicken your saliva and create phlegm and just make your mouth/throat less comfortable and clean feeling overall.
    Not sure if you get this, or if its popular where you're from... But I like to drink Fresca when I'm tweaking. Its a lemon/lime flavoured carbonated drink. It's like pop, it tastes pretty good (in my opinion), it's cheap, and contains zero sugar, zero calories. Zero everything actually, just a bit of sodium. Water to me is hard to drink on meth, so this stuff keeps me hydrated, and is yummy enough for me to put it down, wont rot my teeth, and wont make my saliva all thick and nasty and make me slur my words.

6. adams-741

adams-741 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    hey swim has an awesome remedy for this one..meth-bong , water filtration is the key to anti-mucas ;)

7. Kalbassie

Kalbassie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from South Africa
    What works for me is drinking lots of water and using a good antiseptic mouthwash every 4 hours. It not only helps you throught but also stops your mouth from becomming raw. Hope this helps.

8. MisMonroe

MisMonroe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I currently have Bronchitis.. or Dopeitis as my hook up likes to call it ;) So, obviously, I have excessive amounts of phlegm in my chest. One thing that my doctor drilled into my mind was that I need to drink lots of water. This helps keep the mucus from drying/hardening.
    This won't cure your drainage issues (most people that I know get the same) but it helps to prevent an even larger issue. :)

9. DeToKz

DeToKz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o Male from Nevada, U.S.A.
    Gargling salt water dose wonders, i got the idea the other day from a post also, Maybe yours? But it works like a champ also reduces cotton mouth & that horrible "doo doo" dope breath.. i also found out that to much water ( as weird as it sounds) makes it worse. Around my 3rd to 5th bottle of water it seems to do nothing but moisten my mouth for a few mins then drys it back up twice as bad.. the salt water also seems to keep my mouth moist, i actully think this is on of the better tips i have found in a long time to help keep your self maintained during your recreational drug abuse xD.. i think im gunna start a thread for tips & hints on maintaing yourself while spun out.. Hope i see some posts xD

Stay high, lay low.

10. CanadianBakin

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    Yeah it probably was my post, ever since I discovered it, I've been advocating and preaching it's wonders probably on a few threads now.
    In fact, I'm about due for a rinse *swishes salt water... SPIT*

Ah much better.

Just make sure you spit it out. My hearts already under a lot of pressure from the ice.. The sodium is like kicking your heart when it's down lol

11. MisMonroe

MisMonroe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I'm currently in the midst of chewing my 5th piece of gum, but salt water rinse sounds much easier for relief! I'm testing it out right now.

Ok, wow, I'm pissed that it took 4 years for me to find this out!! I drank an entire Culligan water cooler in less than a week recently. This is so damn better.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  12. CanadianBakin

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    welcome to the world of salt-water :p this trick really needs to get out to more people, not a lot really know about it I dont think... Yes, I only discovered this a couple months ago after about 3 years.... all my oral problems ever associated with meth are all gone.. Plus, meth mouth is apparently prevented. I dont know if thats true, or if I will develop it anyway, but it'd be amazing if it was true. I'll let you know in 10 years haha..

13. Kidx

Kidx

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I think hpyoure lucky your mucus is flowing that well. I would prefer that to the totally dry nose that feels itchy like there is something in it when there isn't, causing incessant picking that can hurt the inside of the nasals.

14. crushedice

crushedice Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    is this regular salt, or wat type of salt?
    how much should be poured into a cup of warm/cold water?

15. Kidx

Kidx

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Yeah, too much plain water will just make you pee. Your body needs electrolytes (salts) which you get primarily from food, which you don't eat when you're tweaking. Juice will work, as will sports drinks, and yes rinsing/gargling with salt water helps your mouth/nose/throat. I even heard of rinsing one's nose out with salt water.

16. MisMonroe

MisMonroe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I've just been taking probably around a teaspoon or a two of table salt (yep, lots) and adding it to 1/4th a cup or so of cool water. Enough that it's extremely salty when gargled! It really does help a lot, I'm assuming because of it water retaining capabilities. Who knew, bad for your muffin top, but great for your dope mouth! hah

MisMonroe added 8 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

That stuff is pretty amazing in mannny ways. Back in my friends coke days, she would carry at least 5 of these around with her 8 ball. Stick the tip of it in your baggie, snort, and you've got the most amazingly refreshing bump you'll ever do. Also helps when you're working in an office of snooty bitches and handsy men, and need just two fucking seconds to really breathe. hah

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  17. iceflame

iceflame Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from Australia
    crushedice,
    Try 2 teaspoons of table salt to 2 cups of warm water to quickly dissolve the salt, once you've done that you can use as required.

Adjust to your preferences, there's no absolute golden rule.
    1:1 ratio works for some, others like more salt.

Take up surfing people then you'll be set! (get it, set? Surf joke sorry couldn't control myself.)
    Seriously, getting all that salt water through your sinuses works perfectly.

As kidx mentioned you can use the same saline solution to flush everything out...

18. MisMonroe

MisMonroe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Yep, I believe they even sell kits called "neti pots" or something like that, for sinus issues.

19. AboveDaInfluence

AboveDaInfluence Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from California, U.S.A.
    DONT USE NETI POTS. some fools used it and they got a brain eating amoeba in there brain and died. But they used tap water, whne you are suppose to use filtered h20.

20. MisMonroe

MisMonroe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Yes, instructions state that boiled, filtered, or distilled water is to be used.