How can I help my friend to quit methamphetamine

Discussion in 'Amphetamines addiction' started by insanity, May 20, 2005.

1. insanity

insanity Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    is there anyway i can get someone to quit meth. my
    friend uses and lies about it. i think she needs to
    realize many things about her self in order for her to
    change her life around. Any one have an experiences with
    this. Also would things like igobaine do anything?

2. sabe

sabe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i first tried meth in 1986.the experience was almost spiritual for me.for the first time in life i felt at peace.i was 21 and studying kung fu under a fourth degree black belt who was my mentor and friend.

at the time i was an assistant instructor holding the rank of first degree brown belt.i taught and tested lower ranks under the direct supervision of my master.his name was bernie and i stood beside him at his wedding as best man when he took diana,we called her (moon) as his wife.he was the most outstanding martial artist i have ever known.his bride diana was also a black belt and helped train me from a rookie.she was sexy,quick,and confident.she was my friend.i mention this because i secretly loved her, i always had.

they were successful,bright people with a following that included paramedics,city police,and state troopers.bernie was also a black belt in karate and taught under bererra,the most prestigious grand master in the south western united states.then meth entered their lives, and the downward spiral to hell that ended with diana a wasted shell,and bernie a staggering wreck began.

they introduced me to meth.it has never been far from my thoughts since that first rush.i injected a dime that first time, and from there worked my way up to doing a half a gram blast at a whack.wow!the peace of mind i experienced!it was the best thing i ever felt,it was freedom for me.freedom for me,and creeping death for the people i respected most in life.

meth became the reason we lived,it became an obsession,a deep and penetrating desire.that only a spoon half full of oily,crisp smelling methamphetamine could quench.that wonderful smell that came out of the spoon!for someone whos been there,like me,well they know what im talkin about.

the end came relativily fast for our group,meth takes you on a ride at 100 miles an hour then opens the door and tosses you out.leaving you broken,mentally and physically.a bloody victim of a ride with the demon called speed.but goddamb! what a fucking ride!yea ,go on meth take the wheel,i'll just pop the top on another budweiser and check the rigs for fishhooks.funny how needles get bent on the tips after repeated use,never thought skin could do that to steel.

well like i said meth was a godsend for me.hell i bloomed!but it killed bernie.i begged my friend to stop.he didnt.it left my secret love a shatterd doll,braced back against the wall,tits bare,needle tracks all over her body.i found her like that,in a dark,stinking bedroom with blood souring on the walls from misses. when she couldnt find a vien ,and the blood coagulated in the shringe ,she would just push it out over her shoulder and load another hit.

i took her that day and spent 2 yrs trying to give her a better life. she returned to meth.i havent seen her for almost 20 yrs now.i think of her, now and then ,hope she found peace.bernie wandered around doing meth until it rotted his brain.last i heard he died.damb!what a waste.i stayed off meth for 14 yrs,then found out i was ADD.now im back on amphetaminesand doing just fine.

thats why meth was a godsend for me.im ADD.it makes me normal,poised and relaxed.i function well on speed and dont experience paranoia or see meth monsters.i sleep like a baby on the stuff.so see you cant make your friends quit meth.some it destroys,some it helps.i wish you the best insanity but meth is a powerful substance and your girlfriend is goin 100 miles an hour.its a fun ride,i pity her.

3. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i went to a rehab 3 month ago on sat. and it was the hardest thing i have ever done. my parents tried to get me to quit so mant times after having my heart started two times after speed balling on heroin and meth i decided to quit. if they dont stop they will die but one thing you will have to know is that you cant make anyone stop who dosent want to. just be a good friend and a sholder to cry on as long as possible but there is almost nothing else that can be done but dont let it ruin your life also. addiction strips people of there soul so keep in mind that the lieing cheating and stealing that may be going on isnt the person but there addiction acting. recovery is a life long battle so be patient and just let em know u love em

4. BrugmansiaBrujo

BrugmansiaBrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    You cannot get anybody else to do anything they do not want to do
    themselves. The addicted person must want to stop themselves, or
    it just ain't happening. Sad but true.

You'll make yourself crazy if you think somehow you are the exception
    to that rule, that somehow you can be successfull in changing someone
    else where others have failed.

This goes not only for drugs, but any other personality
    idosincracy. This is where so many marriages fail too. Person A
    digs person B, all except this one little thing. No big deal person A
    thinks, we'll get married and I'll change person B. No you
    fucking wont! You'll just make yourself crazy trying, and the
    whole thing will eventually be a big knock down drag out fight, that
    you will loose. Then either you will get pissed off and initiate the
    divorce, or else person B will become indignified and hurt that person
    A doesn't love then enough to accept them as is, and person B will
    initiate divorce.

Edited by: BrugmansiaBrujo

5. sabe

sabe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well divorce and meth addiction seem like two different things.meth dont call you a loser when you get up in the morning.it dont lie and it dont spend your money behind your back.meth is a personal choice,whereas marriage is a dual choice.

granted meth might help a person ruin a good marriage,but its not the meth making the choice it is the individual.meth doesnt cause abuse of itself.it doesnt twist your arm,or jump into your body while you arent looking.

its a personal choice.remember that. meth is just a substance, it cant do anything on its own.good and evil are human traits,and the responsible use or abuse of meth are choices that the individual makes themselves.

everyone blames meth for doin this and that.its human weakness that should be blamed.traits like selfishness,decietfulness,and greed are personality faults.any individual with even a tiny bit of honor will realize that their addiction is destroying the good in their lives,and if they care enough they will quit.if they continue it isnt the meth controlling them,its their own lusts and desires.

it sucks to realize someone you thought so highly of might be a totally different person than who you thought they were.but it isnt your fault, or the meths that they are a slave to their desires.chalk it up as experience and move on.dont let an addicts sick,demented mind cause you pain and pull you down.

take it from one who knows.my life is good,i got everything a man could want.i dont cook meth,or use it illegally.i was in love with an addict and at one time lusted for meth myself.i was smart enough to see where the problem was,it wasnt meth and it wasnt me.it was the unrelenting greed of an addict who didnt care about anything but the rush.i rode away ,never went back and dont let let it get me down.

6. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    sabe eat a McDonalds... it sad that on a drugs forum some are so ignorant about drug addiction.

and yes meth can control you as well as many other drugs. i am an awsome person and always have been but through my addiction did many things that i normally wouldnt do. yes you choose to start but never choose addiction. you are in no way at fault for addiction just 100% resposible for recovery. let me get this straight you once lusted for meth which is all the individuals choice yet but you where smart enough to see the problem it wasnt meth or you???? sounds like if anyone is pauning there addictive ways off on something else it may be your ignorant ass on an old flame. [​IMG]

HOLLA
    Edited by: Micklemouse

7. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Jduba, you and Sabe seem to be talking about the same thing - responsibility. So why the attitude? He is sharing his experience and what he has learnt from it. Nothing immature there. Trashing that experience however...

The taking of responsibility, the self awareness to realise that what you are doing is ultimately destructive to your Self and potentially others and then doing something about it,is admittedly easier for some than others, and many factors go into this, so there is no judgement involved on my part. However, it is ultimately up to the individual to make that choice.

You can send someone to rehab all you like, and they'll come out clean, but unless that person chooses to stay stay clean, and changes their life accordingly - i.e takes responsibility! - then nothing will have changed. The chances that they'll be back on the bus before long are high. It's part of the cycle of addiction. Sad but true.

I've lost a lot of good people to addiction, some by my own choice. There comes a point in dealing with an addict when you have to seriously think about your own part in it and whether you can safely have that situation in your life. Believe me it's a shit decision to have to make, but eventually it has to be made - it's bad enough watching someone you love get pulled under, but can you really afford to let your Self be pulled under too? If it's a true friend they'll one day understand, and maybe even thank you - it may be the kick up the arse they need to take responsibility for their own life.

8. sabe

sabe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ty Micklemouse,

you are right ,im just sharing my experience with addiction.dude she(my old flame)put me through hell.i quit the meth and tried to give her a secure ,normal life.she screwed around on me behind my back,spending my hard earned money and trading sex for meth.

she had no care if i lived or died.i worked in a gold mine at the time and rode a mantrip 3 miles underground everyday.i worked 12 hr shifts in an environment that is known to be one of the most dangerous places in the world.3 miles under a mountain range with the possibility of never seeing daylight again every time i went to work.

her choice to steal from me,and have sex with dealers while i was at work was not the meths fault.it was her sick,selfserving addiction.she didnt care if she caught aides.she wouldnt have cared if she had given the disease to me.thats why i left,i wanted to live.i had to leave my love behind.yes i still loved her,to this very day i think of her even though i've been married for 12 yrs to a wonderful woman.

addiction is a choice.its a mind that discards scensibility and fixates on self satisfaction,even to the point of death.drugs dont kill people,drugs are substances thats all.even i am guilty of giving meth a personality,(a demon called speed).but in truth the only demons that we need to becareful of are the ones that live inside us all.remember:the addicts who are found dead with the needle still sticking wherever it was stuck ,put it there themselves.life is a dance,learn as you go.or dont,you decide.

9. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    agreed! get a bit touchy about some topics and can rant and rave. use the forum to vent sorry if any bad feeling and thanks for the responses! it screws the ol noggin on a little tighter to get some feed back!!!!![​IMG]

10. Wyldeflower

Wyldeflower Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think there are some excellent and very enlightening reponses
    here. Isn't it all about personal choice until possibly right up
    until someone hits rock bottom? Then maybe you don't have a
    choice anymore because the choices will have to be made for you for one
    reason or the other.

Although who am I to say? I still learn new things every day.

11. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    its a very good question how to quit it?do you wait untill you are on the verge of mental and phys end or should you do something when you first realise you have a problem.I had a hell of an addiction some 2yrs ago,gotclean but started again a few months ago.do i have a problem?yes.but do i really want to stop?no,fuck i wish i could live all my life like this,but thats cos im addicted,and im a weak spineless pussy....well im clean for some 4 weeks or so(with one slipup),but i dunno when will i or will i crack.and i dont believe in rehab.

the only way to quit is to realize how far you have gone,and just be pragmatic about it,and ask yourself is meth all there is in life?and the answer,no matter how bad you are addicted to the shit is quite simple.perserverance.

12. 40oz

40oz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    once you have yourself a serious habbit...

you really don't have the option to quite...

sorry for being an asshole about it...

but its meth...

and that shits for real...

13. mescalifornia

mescalifornia Newbie

Reputation Points:
    OK so you want someone to stop using meth, well, its not hard when the person decides or is persuaded.You havetouse alternative hard drugs cheiflyNMDA agonist such as Ibogaine, Ketamine, DXM, NO2,Harmine(more effective in combination with say..mescaline orDMT whatever your choice trip), after the chemical addiction is abolished, the psychological addictionis the next problem, and the solution again is drug substitution. You would have to teach the person to appreciate cannbis and caffeine combo as an alternative as means of preventing the person fromgetting bored and thinking about meth. constantly have cannabis available as something to do when a meth desire arises.

As for talking the person into not using, warn of heart attacks, welts on the face and body, and general disfiguration. Then talk of all the better highs out there that the person's missing out on. Good luck!![​IMG]

14. mescalifornia

mescalifornia Newbie

Reputation Points:
    NMDA antagonist***

It helps if the person has/hada spiritual breakthrough on ahallucinogen. something to believe in i guess.

15. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah using another drug to get off o current addiction is the worst idea i have heard and have tested many many times and just dosent work. i just got my 6 months clean yesterday and my DOC was meth crack and heroin. the only way to do it is to want to after hotting rock bottom thats pretty much the only way and be sure to have a lot of support from friends and fam

16. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    and trust me if 35 hits of liquid acid didnt bring me to another side to decide i need to quit then nothing will and remember no trip is "breaking through to the other side" its just a high. even electric koolaid acid test agrees[​IMG]

17. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I said this the first time that i went into rehab (for pot but still it's rehab) I said "You will never get me to quit, until i am ready to quit. I will jump through the hoops and dance all u want, but i'll still smoke"

Anyways, after i said that (5 min after meeting my councelor) she went out to my mom and said "He has it figured out, i dont know how. He will only quit when he is ready, you (my mom) forcing him into here wont change it.

You should talk to your friend, dont try to turn your friend onto another drug inplace of meth. A substitue is not what is needed, a termination of the original addiction is what is needed.

Best of luck,

Muirner

18. Be-Bop

Be-Bop Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Pick the person that is surrounded by 12 steppers. BLAH BLAH BLAH

19. Be-Bop

Be-Bop Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Sorry,, i didn't mean that to sound bitchy.

20. drugs-bunny

drugs-bunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    what other drugs has the person tried, or what other drugs does he use? maybe
    you should give him some acid or mushrooms and have a very special trip, and during the trip talk about his addiction (not TOO negatively, cuz it might make the trip horrible 4 him), maybe after this conversation he might change at least a little bit.

this is just an idea, i´m not saying this is a solution, but some of the experienced people will probably reply that this is stupid, if it is indeed stupid.

DB