How common is soapbar in the UK?

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by GForce, Mar 21, 2007.

1. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Title pretty much covers my question. I've been "intrigued" by soapbar ever since hearing the song "Soapbar" by Goldie Lookin Chain. Definitely doesn't seem like something I'd want to partake in, but if the song and what I've read is accurate it would seem as though people in the UK eat this stuff up when it comes to cheap hash.

2. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Haha! You've a lot to learn...

Soapbar is the most common weed in the UK.

Why?

It's cheap.

It's not quite as bad as GLC (who, by the way, live about 5 minutes from me and are the biggest smokers I know) make it sound.

It is eaten in hash cakes and the like, but more often than not smoked.

1. 4/5,
      thanks for your help
      Mar 21, 2007
  3. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, thats what I figured. I didn't know how reputable my sources were so I figured I'd get some first hand info. From what I was able to gather from the song its been cut with so much crap you're getting high off of inhaling a lot more than just THC. The song definitely does a good job of scaring me away from it, but SWIM almost feels as though he should try it whenever he visits the UK because of how horrible it is. Kinda like a "I have to try it before he believes it" kind of deal. I guess its just curiosity.

4. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It's not that bad. It tends to have a more stoning, lethargic effect than good quality bud, though.

Type cannabis resin into Google image search for more of an idea. It's possible to make resin out of homegrown etc, without the diesel fumes lol.

As with all drugs, it varies in quality, but the worst stuff tastes like shit and hurts your throat. Imagine smoking a cigarette and laughing while exhaling.

5. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It depends on what you get. Solid is hard to get around these parts to be honest. What does come around tends to be lovely pollem and is really very nice. The shitty soap bar your talking about is nasty, near enough black from all the crap in it. in reality its no where near as bad as it sounds but I will refuse to smoke it.

6. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Vuue you lucky bastard.

In SWIM's neck of the woods (S. Wales, near Cardiff) pollen is easily obtainable but no way as common as solid. Bud's almost non-existent... unless you grow your own ;)

7. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    soapbar is nasty and mocks real hash by far. Swia hardly ever see's that shit anymore. Make kif! by a bubble hash kit or learn to rub charras. dont smoke crap soaphash its really bad for you, it only has a small amount of real pollen in it. the rest is plastic,henna,animal shit etc.

8. VitaminK22

VitaminK22 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    Soapbar is too common in the UK, its the only drug (if you can even call it that) that I know 100% that he can get. swim can get MJ about 90% of the time and ketamine and X r like 50%. I have only smoked soapbar a few times and its truly shit

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It's not weed. It's hash.

It is that bad. The effects are not comparable to smoking good bud because THC is not the main active ingredient, it's the adulterants that produce most of the effect. No-one should settle for soapbar.

10. notech

notech Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Soap is pure poison,, DONT smoke soap,, Dont buy soap,, Dont sell soap...
    It's class A muck that's full of all sorts of crap. . . .

Peace...

11. unconditionaldl

unconditionaldl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.
    The buzz is entirely different from green, alot shittier, but it will get You stoned.

12. tooblue4you

tooblue4you Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from The Netherlands
    "Soapbar" lol, brings back some memories, ten years ago at school. Only people that would smoke that are ones that cant afford weed.

13. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    or not aware of weeds existence...

14. ProtectedByTheGods

ProtectedByTheGods Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hmmm, down here where Kurtis (this drug experimenting friend of mine) lives,
    there is also a variety of hash called "soapbar" since that's the shape it is
    shipped in. Rectangular, round edges. Usually a bar is around 250 grams.
    It varies in quality, but it is the lowest quality usually available.
    It ranges from headache inducing, stinking, bad stuff to rather smokeable OK stuff.

Sure, sometimes Kurtis finds little pieces of plastic wrapping inside said hash
    and he wonders:" How the f... did THIS get in here?"
    But what youall describe seems to SWIM to be much worse than even
    he worst Kurits finds down here. Must be because it's so close to Moroco. :D

Once this was all Kurtis used to get, slices of described soapbar.
    But nowadays he doesn't find that stuff anymore, at least around
    his circle of friends. Now the stuff mostly consumed is called "acorn"
    again because of the shape (made for swalloing, up to 10 gram each).
    Acorns are almost always of better than average to great quality.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  15. wOrship

wOrship Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The French call soapbar 'Chernobyl' - says it all really, avoid at all costs it is nothing but an insult to a great plant.

16. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It will not get You stoned......the word stoned implies that cannabis is being smoked. And with soap bar this is not the case. The "high" is a result of the shit they mix in and not THC or cannibanoids. In essence inhaling burning plastic and camel shit will give a similar effect. Swim used to smoke this shit before he knew any better....a couple of years his lungs and brain will never forgive him for.....trust swim : DO NOT SMOKE SOAPBAR. My friends and I refer to soap as filth and the effects of soapbar as a : filthbuzz. The worst thing is there's loads of people who dont realise how shit it is and are still smoking it.....swim see's people in their 40s and 50s still smoking the shit cause they dont know anybody who smoke's real cannabis.

17. Nadams47

Nadams47 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Or they unfortunately don't have the circle of friends to help them be Gourmets like I don't. Sometimes I feel sorry for SWIM mmm must get out more !!

18. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Is there any way to purify this so called soap bar?

People who deliberately sell bad drugs should be kneecapped. >: (

19. unconditionaldl

unconditionaldl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.
    1. 4/5,
      useful link on attempting to remove some adulterants from soap
      Jul 23, 2013
  20. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I have heard of a few crude methods which wash out somethings - eg. henna - but it would be a lot harder to get rid of the lumps of plastic. Also with the low concentration of THC it wouldnt be worth effort.....just throw it in the bin.