How do I use a pipe ?

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by monkeypants, Jan 28, 2006.

1. monkeypants

monkeypants Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi.
    I has never used marijuana before so please forgive the idiotic questions.
    He has got some resin and has bought a pipe but does not know how to use it. The pipe is like a tube with a screw on piece on the end with a hole in it.
    Should he put some tobacco with it or use it on its own, and how do you light it ?
    Do you light it and then put it in the end then screw it on or just put it in the end, screw it on and hold the lighter underneath the end.
    I am confused !

2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Do you mean the bowl has a screw-on cover with a little hole in it? The only use that part has is if you're trying to smoke outdoors, and don't want your herbs to fly away. Otherwise, just leave it off.

By resin, do you mean residue from smoking cannabis? This is only for the desperate, get some actual cannabis to put in your pipe! If you mean hash, then yeah, just mix small bits up with some cannabis or tobacco for best results.

3. monkeypants

monkeypants Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Its a little block that you have to heat and crumble. Think its hash.
    Its not like a pipe with a upright bowl. It has a coil in it and the bowl screws on horizontally.
    Can i put a link to one on here or is it not allowed.
    Anyway its called a toot flute and its the first link on google.

4. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've never seen anything like that before, I've no idea how to use it.

5. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    lol cant even post the pic cuz the websites logo/addy is on it. I've never seen anything like it either, but from the breif description I think it claims to be smokeless:confused: and that the bowl extinguishes itself as soon as the heat removed. Looks and sounds cool, but does it really work? Maybe someone else has experience with one of these?
    Until swim figures it out he can always go find a regular pipe. Put dope in bowl, light up, inhale through stem.:D

6. monkeypants

monkeypants Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks guys.
    I think there will be some experiments taking place

7. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Dear Monkeypants,

Buy a different pipe. Then, we can help you use it.

Smoking pot is not like Rocket Science:
    1) You pour some pot into the bowl of your new pipe.
    2) You get a Lighter.
    3) You spark the Lighter on.
    4) You hold the Flame to the pot inside the bowl of your new pipe.
    5) You inhale.
    6) Hold the smoke in for at least one second. Then,
    7) You exhale. ... Repeat as necessary.

1. 3/5,
      good straight forward advice as usual. keep it up!
      Jan 28, 2006
  8. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    By resin SwiMP means hash - this side of the pond residue is residue, resin is hash. And the pipe is just fine - just crumble the resin into the bowl after applying a little heat to it (the resin that is!), screw the end back on, put it in yer gob and suck whilst applying heat to the hash through the hole in the screw piece. The pipe's a good'un, maybe a little too complex for a tyro, but a good'un nonetheless. Allegedly.

As for the tobacco, don't bother - to SwiMM's mind the whole point of a pipe is to have a clean baccy free hit, but then it's all a question of personal preference in the end.

9. monkeypants

monkeypants Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks micklemouse

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    monkeypants, do you know what kind of hash you're smoking? Is it that hard brown/green soapbar stuff (the cheapest and most common type you can buy in the UK) that tastes like charcoal and smells like burnt milk? If it is, I wouldn't smoke it.

[​IMG]

That's what it looks like. Yummy additional ingredients include: Beeswax, turpentine, milk powder, ketamine, boot polish, henna, pine resin, aspirin, animal turds, ground coffee, barbiturates, glues and dyes plus carcinogenic solvents such as Toluene and Benzene. Have fun!

1. 3/5,
      Spreading awarness of the dreaded evils of soapbar and its filthy additives. Help eradicate this vile mess, soon it will be dead.
      Feb 6, 2006
  11. upthebracket

upthebracket Newbie

Reputation Points:
    benzene, barbituates, ket, all fun stuff

but seriously, there's no shame in smokin soap if it's all you can find, everyone's done it, I wouldn't smoke it unless he had to though

12. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Yuk.. I was going to say the street hash is in the uk is crap most of it, unless you've been told its pollen then its tasty, I know some of us started with hash, But please just use proper bud and make hash from that do not smoke the shit on the street. smoke bud. least then with in reason u know what your getting. I know people who prefer smoking hash (soap) to green. they are never area of how much crap is in it, plus it being a big insult to what pollen (hash) is really like.

13. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  14. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I know the kind of pipe you mean as I used to have one. Good for smoking in your room as no smoke leaves the pipe, so that you can breathe the smoke out the window without stinking the room up. Best thing to do though is get some papers and roll some joints.

15. James Bong

James Bong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    98 y/o
    just buy a dimebag and a joint

16. Xato

Xato Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If You is having trouble using that pipe, You can start with a few household items. Its the cheap and easy way to smoke, and we all did it when we didn't know how to roll or own our own pipe. Grab a plastic water bottle, a bic pen (I find bic to be the best to use), some tin foil, and a knife or something to poke small holes with.

Take the water bottle and turn it sideways. Hold the flame to the middle of the bottle to make a small enough hole for the pen to stick through. Take your pen and take the ink and everything out it so its just a hollow tube. Use your knife and cut the end off. Stick that through the hole you just made. Dont make the hole to big or the pen will slide out. Next take tin foil and put it over the part where you drink the water out of and push it in a little so the weed sits nicely inside. Poke a few holes in the tin foil and your ready. If you want to make a carb, which I used to do and I think it just smokes better, I would. Just make another hole on the bottle somewhere, it can be any size as long as your finger can cover it when you spark it, and just pop your finger on and off it when smoking.

17. psychobill90

psychobill90 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    [​IMG]

18. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Unscrew the very tip, heat the hash/resin and crumble it well, place it in the pipe, then screw on the tip.. Press to lips, light it, and inhale..