1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Oral use - How Do You Ingest DXM Freebase?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by vantranist, Jul 16, 2006.

1. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jun 23, 2006
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    I searched but didnt find anyhting... i know this might sound dumb... but when dmx is in crystal form IE.(after the extraction method) how would one injest them? orally? smoked?
  2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor Supporter

Reputation Points:
    Jul 13, 2006
    from U.S.A.
    I assume you are talking about DXM. Right?

It depends on how exactly you extract it. If you extract it to dextromethorphan hydocitrate as show in the DXM extraction guide in the forum, you can simply drink the mixture.

It seems from your post you are talking about DXM in purely crystal form. This isn't much better than the hydrocitrate form besides that it is much easier to store. DXM crystals aren't soluble in water, so you have to mix them with some lemon juice before you can ingest them orally. Insufflation - i.e. snorting - isn't a recommended method as it apparently doesnt work (I dont want to try really) and the crystals aren't really partial to being snorted, it will probably tear up your nose. As for smoking, I really wouldnt try it. There isn't much information on it and it seems quite dangerous.

The benefit of extracted DXM isn't so much that you can use it in other ways, its that it avoids bromism (bromide poisoning) that can occur from long term high dosage use, and it avoids alot of the other inactive ingredients that your system doesn't like handling in large numbers. This in effect, reduces problems with nausea, possible allergic reactions, and the negative effects on your system as a whole.

The risks from the DXM itself still remains though. Hope this helped you.
  3. Aaron

Aaron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Dec 21, 2005
    Smoking DXM is not practical. It requires high temeratures to burn and is very harsh. I have never tried it, but the entire idea sounds unpleasant.
  4. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jul 7, 2004
    from Canada
    It is only practical to use it orally. This doesnt limit your ways tho..
    1)Put the dxm in a capsul/gel cap
    2)Do a parachute (powder in a clenex injested)
    3)Maybe press it into a pill?
    4)Mix a certain amount with a certain amount of alcohol & do shots every half hour till buzzin :cool:
    5)Mix it up with your favourite drink altho im sure it aint appetizing at all!
  5. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jun 25, 2005
    from U.S.A.
    as mark said, I recommend parachuting. flavor might be less than appetizing so why not just cap or parachute it, mixing it into a drink sounds less than taste isnt dxm extrememly bitter?
  6. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Oct 29, 2005
    from U.S.A.
    This is from erowid:

"11.4 How do I Use Free Base DXM?

The DXM you extracted is in free base form, so it is theoretically possible to smoke it using a vaporization pipe. This is, however, a difficult task; if you overheat it, it starts to smell like burning plastic, and in any case it's very harsh. Some have suggested that it's actually the small amounts of flavoring (and possibly thickening agents) left over from the extraction that are causing the problem; to my knowledge, though, even pure DXM is hard to smoke because of its high vaporization point.

One person reported that he was able to smoke freebase dextrorphan but not DXM, as the former would vaporize at a reasonable temperature while the latter would not. Another person reported one successful attempt at freebasing DXM, but said his lungs immediately began to hurt intensely and his breathing passages swelled to the point that he had to use an asthma inhaler and antihistamines. Generally, the consensus is that smoking DXM just isn't worth the trouble.

You can also dissolve it in alcohol, or load it into a capsule, and swallow it. In an ideal world, the hydrochloric acid in your stomach would react with the DXM to form DXM hydrochloride, which could then be absorbed. Unfortunately, we don't live in an ideal world, so it might be a good idea to form an acid salt with citric acid (or use the Agent Lemon process). The other option is to eat food with the DXM to increase both stomach acid production and lipid transport. Please note that using excess HCl may convert the DXM to dextrorphan.[Erowid Note: this may be an error. Please see note below. Incidentally, DXM itself tastes really nasty."

Specifically from this page: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_chemistry.shtml

I'd simply suggest adding a bit of lemon juice (this will convert it to a salt that is orally active) and drinking.