1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - How does it feel to take Vicodin?

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by BlackSkullRacer, Apr 6, 2011.

1. BlackSkullRacer

BlackSkullRacer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    A friend of mine is getting his wisdom teeth removed, and he will be taking Vicodin to help deal with the pain after the procedure.

My friend takes cannabis on a regular basis, and he says that he does not feel like he is a part of his body anymore when he takes it. He also says that he sometimes feels covered in gel or immersed in water in terms of physical feeling, but he can still feel pain.

My friend is wondering how opiates (oxycodone in this case) will feel, physically. How are they different from cannabis? My friend has told me that he has heard that people feel wrapped in a blanket while on opiates. However, he is unsure about how this will compare to cannabis. He can still feel pain on cannabis, but the same should not be true for opiates (even if he does feel some pain, it should be very small).

BlackSkullRacer added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Excuse me. I meant to say "hydrocodone," not "oxycodone."

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. Frost og Taake

Frost og Taake Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    This is rather hard to describe because one would have to take many things into account. For one, your friends past experience with opiates which I'm assuming is none. Secondly if your friend plans on taking anything to potentate, thirdly which route (since most hydrocodone comes with Acetaminophen oral route seems to be the safest choice), and fourth and most importantly the dosage. Different dosage can make one go from feeling relaxed and slightly energetic (with hydrocodone at least ) to completely heavy, sedated, warm, euphoric, with almost no pain left what so ever. There are many different posts, forums, and websites that can detail these things out (erowid is great for general, fast info.) The best way one could describe an optimum experience, through something your friend could relate to is imagine a powerful marijuana that brings on a heavy body load. No paranoia, and basically only positive mental effects but with that powerful body high, but even stronger. That is an optimum hydrocodone experience to my friend. But, always let safty rain first and do research, with hydrocodone, its easy to find. Hope this helps at all.

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Do not take cannabis before the surgery. I've had growing suspicion that THC interferes with novocaine, from both personal experiences and other reports. Planned Parenthood won't do certain procedures involving local anesthetic on those who have recently smoked. I don't have any literature yet, but when it comes to painful surgery, is it worth the risk of it being more painful.

And yes, opiates feel different then other drugs, like most subjective experiences, there aren't exactly words that differentiate them very well.

4. TooFastTim

TooFastTim Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    TIM would say hydrocodone is a short energetic fuzzy feeling but since your friend is having surgery the pain may disguise whatever mental effects you would get out of hydrocodone That being said take this medicine as prescribed and good luck at the denist better you then me

5. sarcastabitch

sarcastabitch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    My cat would agree that being high on opiates is like being wrapped in a warm, fuzzy blankie. Very nice :)

6. RubyHollywood

RubyHollywood Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    My Alleycat has been almost a daily pot smoker for years. When she takes hydrocodone it is just a warm fuzzy feel with your head tinling for about 30mins. After that it's just a normal feeling but usually the pain is just like a minor dull ache. If you are lucky enough to get Oxycodone then it's MUCH MUCH better. The pain is gone & the high is like you just were covered with a warm, soft, fleecy blanket. Good luck!!

7. QuasiQwerty

QuasiQwerty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Colorado, U.S.A.
    My pet cat unfortunately abused opiates for some time, but can say that it feels very, very good. He explained that depending on the dose, it gives a very calm and euphoric feeling, somewhat akin to floating. He also stated that he could very easily forget his problems and become immersed in his own feelings of well-being. His life was temporarily destroyed because he got hooked on the feeling and very quickly moved onto Oxy, Valium, and other benzos. Generally speaking, not a good thing to mess with.

8. sassyspy

sassyspy Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from Washington, U.S.A.
    :This is truly so subjective. Vicodin make me nauseated. :s

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  9. BlackSkullRacer

BlackSkullRacer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    My friend took Vicodin for the pain, which he said was the worst pain he had ever felt. He said that while the Vicodin eliminated the pain, it did not make him "high," and it had other problems.

The Vicodin gave him a bit of neasea, but it wasn't too bad. The sadistic part is that he cannot eat much because he cannot open his mouth much and is greatly limited to what he can eat. Also, he cannot smoke cannabis as usual because he is not allowed to suck through straws, smoke anything, etc.

About five days after taking the medication, he had really bad constipation. This was also because he couldn't eat that much fiber anyway.

My friend is not addicted, and he is taking other painkillers such as ibuprofen to help him.