1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - How Does Kratom Affect Your Sleep?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by BigB-Baby, Jan 17, 2009.

1. BigB-Baby

BigB-Baby Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM finds that it helps him fall asleep easily, he has anxiety and usually takes about an hour to fall asleep, but SWIM wakes up sore in the morning, or at least this morning. However SWIM does remember being very physically active in sleep and waking up with heart beating very fast, and very strongly several times. SWIM does not know if he moves in his sleep, but Kratom does seem to have an effect on the vividness of his dreams.... What are others' experiences?\

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. dr. swim

dr. swim Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It's strange but the doc has used this as a pick-me-up, and as a sleep aid...it's like when he's on it feels like he could just as easily go to sleep as he could stay wide awake.

3. AceOvArts

AceOvArts

Reputation Points:
    SWIM finds if the Kratom is strong, just like opiates SWIM stays awake, however at the right dose SWIM gets a nice sleep.
    SWIM doesnt use Thai strains as they could certainly make it difficult to sleep but Bali/Indo strains are nicely sedating for SWIM.

4. Panacee

Panacee Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM agrees.
    SWIM falls asleep very quick with the right dose. Sleep seems to be very deep and very long. SWIM had insomnia, which he couldn't live with anymore. Kratom solved this problem for SWIM. Even two days after kratom sleep is inproved for him.
    SWIM noticed slight increased heartbeat too sometimes.
    Dreaming seems to be intensified, but SWIM finds the most interesting effect on dreaming before he goes to sleep.

5. dlink01

dlink01 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM had a few capsules last night and found sleep pretty easily 5-6 hours after taking it

6. betsym

betsym

Reputation Points:
    Not so strange, dr. swim. In this med-peep's research and experience, in SMALL doses, Kratom is stimulating or, for those with ADHD, calming, and in LARGER doses, it tends to be more sedating/euphoric. Some use it for the ADHD effects although tolerance is built with regular use. Swim finds it a nice change from her meds (opiates and stimulants)to use Kratom ocassionally but no more than once or twice a week at the most. It does make her feel real relaxed at bedtime, almost like taking a benzo, and the relaxing effects last at least 2-3 days for her.Usually, due to cost, she uses it just once or twice a month.

7. DXMBunny

DXMBunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    kratom wakes swim up.. and makes swim sleep hard and not wake up easy... not good for sleep

8. indeed

indeed

Reputation Points:
    Kratom makes SWIM sleep very well when he has taken large doses however SWIM recently pushed his limit 10g+ Bali/Indo felt some nausea but it went away, next morning though SWIM had a bad headache but felt like his sleep was great. SWIM recomends SWIY to take the most they can before nausea for a good sleep. It worked really well for SWIM

9. Johan73

Johan73

Reputation Points:
    Swim just started trying a 'super powder' kratom a few days ago. Swim hasn't had any issues sleeping on kratom but hasn't been taking more than maybe 4 grams in an evening. Swim has noticed he sleeps very restfully and starts dreaming before falling asleep. Swim doesn't notice feeling worn out any moreso in the morning than before, actually has been feeling better since alcohol consumption has been reduced. Swim also likes it with a bit of kava and blue lotus.

Swim is glad to be sleeping well because swim had been consuming a fair amount of alcohol every evening for the past few years and had trouble sleeping if not having a few drinks.

10. illumine

illumine

Reputation Points:
    Kratom helps swim sleep, it also helps him be active. He can basically decide....

For sleep, it definitely makes swim's dreams more vivid. I think it may cause his mind to be a little overactive in sleep, which doesn't amount to very good rest, but it is comfortable. The only thing I have noticed about sleeping with kratom that is worth mentioning is that it makes it very, very hard to get up in the morning. Swim could sleep in for a long time if he took kratom before bed. It takes a lot more effort to wake up. Really, when he gets up, a dose of kratom will then widen his eyes and get him ready to go to work :). Its very versatile. Opiates have always been this way for swim too, but he is no longer using opiates, benzos, or alcohol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
  11. magister

magister Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes Kratom does help with sleep, unless the dosage is large, in which case one might have meditative rest, possibly with short small episodes of sleep, but keep getting interrupted by the effects of the Kratom.

Sleep can go on for much longer than usual, with 10-12 hours of sleep being possible.

Dreams can be particularily weird and immersive...sometimes they can be so weird that it can be like a nightmare.

Waking up can be like coming out of a coma....it takes time to clear the cobwebs. Even making a strong cup of coffee might not be enough. I know some who needed to wake up and made a cup and drank it only to fall asleep even after the caffeine.

12. enianen

enianen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know a guy tried kratom.
    He said he fell asleep for two hours. if taken in small amounts, kratom is supposed to be more stimulant-like, and higher amounts are more relaxing

enianen added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Where would swim get kratom capsules?
    or did swim just make the capsules himself?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  13. RX420

RX420 Banned

Reputation Points:
    in swiyours opionion what is the best kratom for a good opioid noddy buzz??? swim knows they all can differ, but is their a strain that is more known to be more sedating and buzzy????

14. Synchronium

Synchronium Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Kratom doesn't put SWIM to sleep, but when he goes to bed, it's the best night's sleep he's had all week.

15. Voodoostarr

Voodoostarr

Reputation Points:
    Kratom helps swim sleep through the entire night and not wake up tossing and turning. Swim thinks it a more restful sleep.

16. mememememe

mememememe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I no this is an old thread but with kratom i was signing in my sleep and having weird dreams , i just thought id ask ,when i take my opiates (dhc) i make sure i have enough in my system so i don't wake up threw the night needing more .

I don't no if others get this problem (waking up when the pills wear of) but what im asking is if you take kratom before bed does it hold you until the morning last time i tried it i had dhc in my system so wouldn't no but that's when i feel at my worst is when waking up needing more

17. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    What do you mean by 'does it hold you'?
    Do you mean does it keep you asleep or do you mean will it keep withdrawals at bay all night?
    I can't sleep on kratom at all. I used to when i started using it but now i need sleeping pills or alcohol if i want to get to sleep.

18. mememememe

mememememe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yea i mean hold the withdrawals away , that's interesting that it keeps you awake so the reverse affect i suppose , when i first started using opiates id be up most of the night but now im in a routine instead they make me sleepy .

I do find that if i take a couple of valium before bed then for some reason the withdrawal kicks in faster this maybe is just a mith ,i am considering doing the kratom route i no i keep posting im not sure etc , but that was my main concern if it would keep me at bay threw the night.

I think its a case of everyone's gonna react to it different ,when i do give it a real go i think il just make up batches of however i decide to take it , its when i wake up and im shaking etc doing the toss and wash would be a nightmare but if i had a drink beside me already mixed id be able to just gulp it down

19. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Yes if you really need to you could always make up some kratom tea and keep it in a Thermos flask beside your bed. Tea kicks in fast, you could feel it within ten minutes.

20. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    An interesting effect kratom has had on me is that regardless of the strain kratom tended to make it hard to go to sleep. I would crash when it wore off.

After several years of addiction kratom is necessary to get sleep; totally opposite of what it did in the early days.