How does one go about using Salvia divinorum ?

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by Brizzles, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Brizzles

Brizzles Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've heard many different opinions on this, but I would like to know how one should go about using Salvia. Many sources suggest using a water pipe and torch lighter, but some indicate that a pipe will work just as well.

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    A butane lighter and a water bong probably work best although one should have no problems getting full effects off salvia with a small metal pipe and a basic Bic lighter. The most important thing is to inhale as much as possible once the salvia in the bowl is sparked and to hold it in for as long as possible once burnt.

3. Myzrael

Myzrael Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Last time I did it he thought that smoke from the pipe was very very hot. If you are sensitive to that kind of thing I would suggest a water bong.
    By the way.....can salvia be vaporized?

4. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    im not sure but i presume it can be vaporised.i would advise salvia x5 if its your first time as its extremelly strong.hold in the smoke as long as you can ( 20 seconds should do ) and welcome to a crazy crazy place.haha.

5. Mint boi

Mint boi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    The major problem wit vopourizing salvia is that it has a much higher boiling point than anyhting a vapourizer is made to use with, so it doesnt always stay a gas all the way down to the lungs. plus the dosage can be hard to get right wit a vapouizer, especially the first time, u can use WAY to much!

6. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If you can possibly get a torch lighter do as in my experience and a fair amount of net research it is considered to be much more effective. Many people who criticize salvia as not working do so because they do not smoke it right or they smoke it after recently smoking weed. although I have seen salvia spliffs sold I have never got any effects from this way of using salvia.
    If you want to get somewhere with salvia you really need to give up weed for a while if you usually smoke it. SWIM find he needs to go at least two weeks without weed to experience salvia in anything like the manner he did before he started smoking weed. Also where as with weed you tend to spark it with salvia keep whatever flame you are using on it all the time you are toking, its because of this that most people use a water pipe or bong if you are using a normal pipe try and extend it in some way so the smoke has time to cool.
    Less essential but if possible use a bong or water-pipe with little internal air space so the smoke is still thick when you inhale I found following this practice ensured a better salvia trip with less time spent in the early sweating stages and more time in the WOW stages

7. wellhelm

wellhelm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    dried leaves using quid

What level's can be obtained using dry leaves in the quid method? Is it possible to reach level 5?

8. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A torch lighter is recommended but I has successfully used a normal lighter. The affects of Vaporising will be limited because the temperature just isn't hot enough. Swim recommends a bong rather than smoking in a spliff, especially if using extracts because you won't be able to measure how much you have actually smoked as well.

9. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    ya dont bother smoking salvia spliffs.....you wont get anywhere near the real salvia experience.just take a hit off the bong,hold,then if your not getting much take another hit etc.but one or two proper hits should do it for you.

10. DxCore

DxCore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was curious. How does You know if the hit was good or not? Do you have time before you warp to salvia land?

11. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It kicks in within a minute in my experience, if it hasn't kicked in after a while just have some more

12. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim always uses a bong and a normal lighter.I find as long as I take a massive hit and holds it as long as possible he breaks through every time.Quad is a very interesting method of ingestion also, I find around 20 leaves to last 2-3 hours.